Patong Tuk Tuk Taxi Driver Fined 500 Baht for Assaulting Indian Passengers

webfact

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Several posters on here suggesting the Indians deserved having one of them attacked, based on no proof at all. Makes a change from Thai bashing I suppose. Let's bash the Indians instead. As for the driver, instead of fining him a pointless 500 baht and telling him to be nice, how about three months in jail for assault.

Or impound his tuk tuk for 30 days.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yet it makes no difference. Tuk tuk drivers in Phuket are terrible.

The four or five times that I have hired them I had no problem... agreed on a price and destination and paid them... I am sure that there are an element that are difficult to deal with... as I am also sure that Indian tourists are mostly hard to deal with as well... especially when they have been drinking.

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

The four or five times that I have hired them I had no problem... agreed on a price and destination and paid them... I am sure that there are an element that are difficult to deal with... as I am also sure that Indian tourists are mostly hard to deal with as well... especially when they have been drinking.

Prices are double what they should be. I use Bolt.

On 9/7/2023 at 4:14 PM, BritManToo said:

5 Indians + driver in a tuk tuk must have been a bit of a squeeze.

I recall arriving in New Delhi in the middle of the night, the airport more or less shut down because the the flight was delayed so long they forgot about it.  One fortunate tuktuk wallah showed up and he got the fare for at least eight of us, plus our bags.  I recall standing outside on the running board while speeding through empty pre-dawn streets.  Now THAT is traveling! 

My point is the ability to pack people into tuktuks over there is a magical thing, like the rope trick or snake charming.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:40 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Indian tourist are hard bargainers... often to a point where it becomes uncomfortable. Even the rich ones. Never been to India, but they should know that it has limits here.

Not saying the tuk tuk driver was lovely ... but luckily for him that 500 Baht is only a 10 minute ride fare ????