Electricity consumption expected to surge in 2027 due to increased use of EVs

webfact

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Nothing to hate here, EV are irrelevant in Thailand’s overall power consumption. 

Let's say Thailand will have 200,000 EV by 2027 each using 1,200 kWh/year based on 8,000 km milage/year. That is 240 million kWh or 0.12% of Thailands current 202 billion kWh consumption. 

OK, they might be able to spot a small increase during the night ????,  but they will have to look close.

How much of that current consumption could be attributed to EVs ATM.? You make a good point well though.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

EV's will be touted as going green in Thailand, but throw some more oil into the burners to produce the electricity to re-charge them.

Yes currently only 16% of electricity in Thailand produced from re-newable sources so EV's will just increase the use of oil gas.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kennw said:

Yes currently only 16% of electricity in Thailand produced from re-newable sources so EV's will just increase the use of oil gas.  

Don't you think it's more likely that increasing use of EV's triggers more green electricity production? Or that the Gov't subsidies on EV's are part of a wider "Green" plan?

I do 100%.

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't think people hate EV's, its just people having a sense of reality that going total EV is not a solution but a pending electrical network and shortage disaster

ev cars will play a role in the near future, and they might even be the future,

who can say for sure? ev cars are not perfect, but they have a huge potential,

which may solve many issues in the next few years ..

internal combustion engine cars are not perfect either, but we did not see

any big improvement for a long time ... 

however, ev cars are (at the moment) not suitable for everyone ... 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

People who like EVs are  whimpy non meat eating vegetarians who are easly brainwashed by green propaganda and who wear a mask in the car while driving alone...

and are likely to vote liberal........

There you go, finished!

2 hours ago, kennw said:

My calc suggests .08% at 20,000km/yr

Average milage is nearly 12,000 km/year for cars in Thailand, but data from more mature EV markets shows that EV drive 50-70% as far as ICE vehicles,  so 8,000 km/year is a fair guesstimate. 

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Let me spell this out..

People who like EVs are  whimpy non meat eating vegetarians who are easly brainwashed by green propaganda and who wear a mask in the car while driving alone...

People who hate E.Vs  are critical thinkers who love freedom and dont buy into any of the green washing.....They would never wear a mask, and they love hambugers...

And yet this EV lover is having (fake) Wagyu burgers for lunch today, go figure.  Already posted snap of that sausage pizza & chicken Massaman, eaten recently.

We all don't eat like rabbits. I'd go hug a tree, but the damn ants here, I'll gve that a pass.

I'm sure you never eat a salad, Buddha forbid, your testosterone level might drop.

image.png.47e4e12486e3e70efa3f425aab41b4ea.png

I wonder how much grid energy EV owners are saving the country.

... no electric to pump oil out of tankers, if needed

... or manage the natural gas used in TH

... or energy used to refine oil to petrol

... none to pump into delivery trucks

... none to pump fuel into the delivery trucks

... save pumping fuel into ICEV since have EV

Not the EV owners fault alternative sources of energy isn't used.  50 yrs ongoing, since 1973 'oil shortage' ... ????  As with all things in life, planning is everything.

I planned my savings, with solar & now an EV

UP2U of course, plan the same, or keep giving 

your baht to big oil & PEA/MEA

278458676_5135951809799846_6872195337307657163_n.gif

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1