What kind of weather person are you ?

georgegeorgia

I like winter and snow as long as I don’t have to commute in it and after the new year I’m ready for warm weather . But fall in the Hudson valley of New York and NewEngland is heaven that’s why I still keep my country home there . When the leaves change and  cool not cold weather and Christmas in the city (NYC) nothing better . Then come January I’m out and back to the LOS . I love January February here !

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_6605.jpeg

• Love It 1

On 9/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Alice Springs would be better I guess , I wonder if that's the hottest place in Australia?

Strangely I just heard from the guy in the gym that many english people immigrate to Tasmania in Australia because it's like english weather !

I need to head back to Asia, it's not the cold it's the gloomy look ,dark at 5pm , etc .

I thought it was summer in Australia?

No winter just finished and the hottest place in Australia is Marble Bar in WA 

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2023 at 2:47 PM, georgegeorgia said:

As I look out the window on this gloomy doomy cold  overcast Tuesday afternoon I think how do those guys in the UK put up with this everyday ?

I'm a Brit and yes UK seems pretty awful. I spent from May to August there. June was a very good month with everyone saying how hot it was. As a person who spends more than half the year in Thailand I laughed and said hot? Nah this is pleasant at about 26°C. July and August were crap, cold cloudy, loads of rain. 

Now back in Thailand and it's cooler, wetter and very humid at the moment but still I wear only a t shirt and shorts. In the UK I was wearing socks, jeans, shirt and light pullover most days whilst the locals sported t shirts and shorts.

So yeah these days at 71 yrs old I'm a hot climate man. Just the thought of a British winter sets me shivering. That said, when it's really hot and dry with cloudless skies every day here in Thailand between April and June air conditioning is essential to my survival here.