Favorite Western breakfast places?

NorthernRyland

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Can anyone recommend some good Western style breakfast places in Chiang Mai? The only one I go to right now is Ozarks (around Hang Dong) and I didn't even know about that until someone told me! I live in Mae Jo but I'll go anywhere.

Kwan's Kitchen on canal road, Mae Hia.  Out the front of Empress Dental.  Best farang fare and Thai dishes in the area.  Bacon and Egg or rardna gai, up2u ... it's all good.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

location?

I can’t remember, I think you can google it, I only went once and had an enormous breakfast, inexpensive and bought a few frozen pies etc too. I wouldn’t of found it without Google Maps.

website is sausageking1 as I recall.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I can’t remember, I think you can google it, I only went once and had an enormous breakfast, inexpensive and bought a few frozen pies etc too. I wouldn’t of found it without Google Maps.

website is sausageking1 as I recall.

Think I found it https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063638427242. Not too far from me at all, I never knew it was there. Thanks!

• Like 1

Archers, down the road from Zoe’s in Yellow, an English Guy who also runs The Moat House; Next to the Moat( they also  do a vegan breakfast).

OMG opposite Rasta by the Iron bridge ( during cricket tournaments, most of the cricket teams use it), highly rated! also they do the best cod and chips ;  O.Malleys Irish Pub in Anusarn market; 

The Score Sports Bar, across from the UN Irish;  Crustys down the road from the holiday Inn.

These are also places where you would get a roast turkey dinner at Christmas!

UN Irish and Butter is Better have their own bakery with a wide choices of bread and fresh!

Happy noshing!

Edited by Tazmo
  • Thanks 2

I love eating breakfast, so I have tried a lot of different places in Chiang Mai. And the place I think is the best, is "Chiang Mai Breakfast World". They are located at: 

24/1 Moonmuang Rd. (Soi)Lane 2
50200 Chiang Mai
Tel. 053 278 209

Another place I like to eat at is, "Butter is Better", the one in the Hang dong area.

But again, I highly recommend you try Chiang Mai Breakfast World, you will love it.

• Thanks 1

7-11 had a sign on the door for it new brekkie sandwich.....ham/bacon egg n cheese  40 bt! ????

As for me my cheap hack is a little griddle i have--cook my egg--grill ham--toast the bread and slice O cheez and im good to go!   or could boil some potatoes in my kettle if feeling fancy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

location?

Sausage King does have a decent breakfast... but how to find it - - it is down a very small unmarked soi off a somewhat larger soi 

There were times I drove past so many times that I gave up... 

Butter is Better is a 50s style NY Diner - owned by a real Ny'er - - easy to find on Chang Klan Road and a big plus in town, they have parking... big menu with lots of variety, not gourmet but great every day food. My favorite Western Breakfast... 

• Like 1

Full English from the Mad Dog Chiang Mai, 200 Baht

No photo description available.

Used to have H.P sauce and Heinz vinegar as well, but stopped that recently .

Best to go to the Mad Dog when the mouthy British guy isn't there , he thinks that the whole pub wants to hear what he has to say 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sausage King does have a decent breakfast... but how to find it - - it is down a very small unmarked soi off a somewhat larger soi 

There were times I drove past so many times that I gave up... 

yeah I looked on google street view and all I could find is the parking lot. Maybe it's in too deep and they didn't reach it.

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

yeah I looked on google street view and all I could find is the parking lot. Maybe it's in too deep and they didn't reach it.

Assuming you have the correct Soi park up and it's 50mtr stroll to the left just past the English style phone box.

Never been there for breakfast but heaps of sausages and bacon bought from there and very nice too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Best to go to the Mad Dog when the mouthy British guy isn't there , he thinks that the whole pub wants to hear what he has to say 

About 10  Satang  a Calorie.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I found that on Google. Tiny little soi with tiny sigh.

There were a few times that I must have driven past it 3-4x before giving up... When you are driving here, as you know, if you are alone you have to concentrate on the road... but the food is good. 

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Best not to go to Mad Dog.  The actual food one receives looks nothing like that.  Chicken hot dogs for "sausage".

Add to that the rude staff that acts as if they're doing you a favor by accommodating your order.....pass, every single time.

Edited by TheAppletons
Clarification
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1