kasikorn bank fixed deposit rates 1 year / 2 year term payout

If you use Brave Browser it will automatically translate the Thai pages of Kasikorn bank

So on this page on the link to rates & fees they say....

Account details

Pay interest at the end of the deposit period According to the deposit period selected

So it seems they pay at the end.....Also note they say .....

Interest received from a fixed deposit account or tax ?

Interest received from fixed deposits will be taxed at the rate of 15% of the total interest received.

Years ago banks like Ayudhya  Bank Mee Tae Dai savings paid monthly what was due on yearly interest divided by twelve & also did not charge any tax till 30k a year was earned. Even then they just suggested opening another account & transfer the money so interest didn't exceed 30k

• Thumbs Up 1

You have to check that this depends on the deposit.

On 3, 6, 12, 24, 36 Months, the interest is paid yearly or at the end. 

With the special deposits (5,7,8,10,.... months) the deposit is paid monthly.

Some banks even have different bank books for normal deposits and special deposits accounts.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 years ago I got a 6-month fixed deposit at 0.4% interest that paid at the end of the 6 months. It automatically rolled over into another 6-month fixed deposit. About a month after it rolled over I went to Kasikorn and the teller suggested an 11-month fixed deposit at 1.4% which pays interest monthly. (taxes are also taken out monthly) I decided to put the balance into the 11-month fixed deposit BUT I had to forgo the month or so interest after the 6-month one rolled over.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The interest rates Thai banks gives you on long terms deposit are laughable and insulting to one's money, something like 1.5% p.a. in Australia i get 4.8% p.a. which is more like it.

Indeed, the interest rates in Thailand are a joke; in the UK at the present time, I am getting 5.20% with Santander in an easy access account (as many withdrawals and deposits as you want - interest calculated daily)

If I am prepared to tie funds up for a year I can get 6.20% with NS&I

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Indeed, the interest rates in Thailand are a joke; in the UK at the present time, I am getting 5.20% with Santander in an easy access account (as many withdrawals and deposits as you want - interest calculated daily)

I have the same, did they send you new login details? strange really usually if i open another Santander account it just goes under existing login end of, this time under existing login with other accounts but they also sent new login details x3 letters, i think it was just a mistake on their part so binned it

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have the same, did they send you new login details? strange really usually if i open another Santander account it just goes under existing login end of, this time under existing login with other accounts but they also sent new login details x3 letters, i think it was just a mistake on their part so binned it

No such issue for me, kept the same login details; they did send written confirmation to my UK address, but that was to be expected ... cheers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Don’t suppose you have any other profoundly edifying little gems like this one that you can share with us, do you ?

****Misquoted content edited out****

ok - nobody invited me into your squabble but how about this: Most charities are not charities either - w/their eye popping expenses and costs of business often little money actually gets through... 

Edited by metisdead
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, john donson said:

ask the bank yes, but I am asking here and I don't speak Thai and most tellers don't speak English

Kasikorn has an English-speaking call centre and most branches will have someone who can speak enough English to answer your question.  There's more bank staff than just the tellers.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

ok - nobody invited me into your squabble but how about this: Most charities are not charities either - w/their eye popping expenses and costs of business often little money actually gets through... 

The second of the quotes that you have just attributed to me, I categorically did not say, please delete it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

****Misquoted content edited out****

Completely off topic; the post is about bank interest rates.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, topt said:

Not sure why many posters bang on about this when the central bank rate in the UK and the US is over 5% - ECB just raised to 4% and no idea what Australia is.

Compare that to Thailand.......I believe that's only 2.25%.

Banks are not charities.

Then why are interest rates or mortgages higher than Canada, US, Uk Australia?

thanks for the replies

yes Thai banks are a joke

Santander UK, is for UK citizens living in the UK

probably same for Australian or Canada banks that give good rates

not living there, no resident...

Santander in my home country, weird same company, gives 2.25% only

but you have to be resident to open an account... again... not the case

I really wish I could find a viable option for my few millions of baht to give more than this petty 2%

bitkub, lol... workpermit and I red recently they want a utility bill like water or electricity on top now

how is the US economy going? all I can read on youtube is with BRICS and wanting to shift the petro industry not to be paid in USD anymore in the future, will that collapse the stock market ?

Swab ? 25k minimal and don't you pay 30% tax on gains / dividends and the fluctuating USD/THB exchange ?

Any good financial advise that is not a scam ? lol

20 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Thailand banks can not afford to allow interest rates to rise as they have a serious debt problem that would become  even more serious if interest rates increased from 1.5 percent to 5 percent on deposits.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The

20 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

UK Banks all had to be bailed out by the government in 2008 as they'd made very, very unwise investments. UK taxpayers paid the price. 

Interest rates in the UK are high because the Bank of England raised base rate in a misguided attempt to stifle what some have termed "greedflation". 

Inflation in the UK is eroding the value of your £ by more than the 5.2%+ interest you're getting on your deposit...

23 hours ago, john donson said:

hi

anyone has a 

kasikorn bank fixed deposit rates 1 year / 2 year term

and know when exactly do they pay the rent ?

each month ? 6 ? yearly ?

ask the bank yes, but I am asking here and I don't speak Thai and most tellers don't speak English

thanks

have a shufti at kassikorn website !!!!

On 9/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, ezzra said:

The interest rates Thai banks gives you on long terms deposit are laughable and insulting to one's money, something like 1.5% p.a. in Australia i get 4.8% p.a. which is more like it.

4.8% is good for Australia. Or jump over to Cambodia and get 8.25% (-6% resident or 14% nonresident tax) pa, paid monthly. I pulled everything except for $0.30 and $1.25 out of my Australian accounts when they asked me to re-verify my identity and jump through a bunch of hoops. Even though they said they would pay for the notary, it's money down there and of no use to me up here. I pulled all my Super out about 30 years ago when they were performing crap. I saw a couple (three I think) recently that haven't been performing too badly.