Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

2 hours ago, papa al said:

Just view Brant's YouTube channel

like 4.5 million subscriber do.

silly boy

How many millions believed in Qanon? How many still believe? What do you think that 4.5 million  proves, except that it's not me being silly?

Edited by placeholder

On 9/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, bendejo said:

I can't take anything about him seriously, just another Internet Age attention sponge.

Don't go for his over-the-top comedy style either.

As soon as he opens his mouth and splutters his words in some obscure dialect I turn the channel over.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, RayC said:

Which is why I used the word 'allegations'.

So you don't think that a celebrity accused of being a rapist is newsworthy? The fact that these allegedly assaults happened 5+ years ago is irrelevant, unless you believe that the allegations should not be investigated. 

Brand doesn't have to prove that he is innocent. The accusers have to be prove that he is guilty. Presumably, Channel 4 and The Times believe that there is substance to these allegations, otherwise they are leaving themselves open to libel claims. It's noticeable that Brand hasn't threatened libel action. I'm sure that his mate, Elon Musk could underwrite any writ if he was that confident.

Rather than immediately shout 'Woke' and 'Misogyny' at the earliest opportunity, maybe you should look at the evidence firstly.

I'm sick of money grubbers ( of either gender ) crawling out from under the rocks they've been lurking under for years or decades because they think it's a payday.

Why don't we hear about such allegations against Joe Bloggs with not much cash to give them?

If someone won't do anything about it for 20 years they should suck it in and carry on the way they have been. We've all got events in my life that irk, myself included, but we don't run to the media about it. Only exception would be if they reported it to the cops and the cops refused to take it seriously or covered it up.

IMO it's an atrocity that unproven allegations like these are allowed to be published. Should not be till at least a prosecution is announced. I don't know how many innocent men have had their lives ruined by such media garbage, but I bet it's a lot.

IMO any person making such allegations that are found to be false should be prosecuted and jailed, plus a large fine.

It's because of <deleted> like this that I don't read newspapers any more.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sick of money grubbers ( of either gender ) crawling out from under the rocks they've been lurking under for years or decades because they think it's a payday.

Why don't we hear about such allegations against Joe Bloggs with not much cash to give them?

If someone won't do anything about it for 20 years they should suck it in and carry on the way they have been. We've all got events in my life that irk, myself included, but we don't run to the media about it. Only exception would be if they reported it to the cops and the cops refused to take it seriously or covered it up.

IMO it's an atrocity that unproven allegations like these are allowed to be published. Should not be till at least a prosecution is announced. I don't know how many innocent men have had their lives ruined by such media garbage, but I bet it's a lot.

IMO any person making such allegations that are found to be false should be prosecuted and jailed, plus a large fine.

I think referring to Brand as a money grubber is fair comment.

I don’t agree those doing so should face the peril of prison or large fines.

15 hours ago, n00dle said:

I personally beleive that your previous comment is disngenuous. Russel brand has been very publicly stirring the anti establishment pot, having recentlt given several contrvesial interviews where he has attacked the mainstream media.

If that is true I might have to change my mind about him. Never liked his style in the slightest and refused to watch any movie with him in it, but if he is using his position to attack the establishment that would have to make me rethink about him.

If ever a media deserved to be attacked, IMO it is the mainstream media.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

He was a self-confessed sex-addict, as well as a full on Harry user. 

I just had a dog n bone chat from the old country and the news there said he'd had some of his podcast sponsors, or some sponsors, of some part of his online presence pulled today.

You need to translate "Harry user" for those not up with Tropposurfer speak. Even google doesn't explain it.

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So Brand has transgressed the terms of service he signed up to and you blame ‘lefties’.

He has allegedly transgressed the terms of service.  So YouTube went onto the punishment phase without benefit of due process.  They can do that.  They're a private company. 

But they better be ready for the lawsuit if the allegations go the same way that Depp's did.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It seems many like you want to attack the victim right off the bat....in every case.  This is a pretty consistent theme among right wingers who are more likely to be misogynist.  But if you look back at the various allegations against powerful people (all of whom denied the charges), e.g., Bill Cosby, Jefferey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, Roger Ailes, Danny Masterson, R. Kelly....just off the top of my head, all were guilty and most were convicted.  I don't know much about this case, but if past history is any indication, Brand is most likely guilty as alleged. 

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

He has allegedly transgressed the terms of service.  So YouTube went onto the punishment phase without benefit of due process.  They can do that.  They're a private company. 

But they better be ready for the lawsuit if the allegations go the same way that Depp's did.

Do you have a link to ‘lack of due process’ and ‘what due process is due’?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's a reason the Me Too movement faded into obscurity. 

I suspect it's because for every Harvey Weinstein, there were 10 Joe Lunchpails (and Johnny Depps) caught up when vindictive women figured out an easy way to get back for some past slight, knowing they'd be 100% believed.

Russel Brand disagrees with you.

Me Too movement: 'It's a sign of real awakening‘ 

Or rather he did.

https://www.the-express.com/entertainment/celebrity-news/111942/russell-brand-news-allegations-me-too/amp

Edited by Chomper Higgot

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

It seems many like you want to attack the victim right off the bat....in every case.  This is a pretty consistent theme among right wingers who are more likely to be misogynist.  But if you look back at the various allegations against powerful people (all of whom denied the charges), e.g., Bill Cosby, Jefferey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, Roger Ailes, Danny Masterson, R. Kelly....just off the top of my head, all were guilty and most were convicted.  I don't know much about this case, but if past history is any indication, Brand is most likely guilty as alleged. 

Another that believes allegations based on sod all evidence, I see. I for one believe that a prosecution has to be started before such can be taken seriously.

Twenty year old allegations ( unless backed up with a police report from the time of the allegation ) should be tossed into the round file, IMO.

This is a pretty consistent theme among right wingers who are more likely to be misogynist. 

You need to prove that or its a pathetic lie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I suspect it's because for every Harvey Weinstein, there were 10 Joe Lunchpails (and Johnny Depps) caught up when vindictive women figured out an easy way to get back for some past slight, knowing they'd be 100% believed.

I don't know about the MeToo thing, but this former actor just got 30 years for a rape that occurred between 2001 and 2003.  Maybe you can send him some money for cigs and Mama noodles.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/live-updates/danny-masterson-sentencing/?id=102933801

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Another that believes allegations based on sod all evidence, I see. I for one believe that a prosecution has to be started before such can be taken seriously.

Twenty year old allegations ( unless backed up with a police report from the time of the allegation ) should be tossed into the round file, IMO.

This is a pretty consistent theme among right wingers who are more likely to be misogynist. 

You need to prove that or its a pathetic lie.

Why don't you respond to my main point which is that most of these allegations turn out to be true.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It seems many like you want to attack the victim right off the bat....in every case.  This is a pretty consistent theme among right wingers who are more likely to be misogynist. 

If you are saying I'm a right winger, you are a :cheesy:. Couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. I guess you haven't read many of my posts.

Don't have to be right wing to dislike money grubbing liars.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

#believeallwomen was a ridiculous concept. Because of course, women NEVER lie ????.

I can't stand Brand. Just his voice winds me up, the dropping of the T's in every word is enough to make me switch off. But canceling him before he's seen the inside of a court is absolutely shameful behaviour. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

YouTube have essentially removed his ability to support himself on the basis of an unsubstantiated claim. Contemptible. If found not guilty I hope he sues them to oblivion.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I don't know about the MeToo thing, but this former actor just got 30 years for a rape that occurred between 2001 and 2003.  Maybe you can send him some money for cigs and Mama noodles.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/live-updates/danny-masterson-sentencing/?id=102933801

and what, exactly, does that have to do with unproven allegations against Brand?

IF, and WHEN he is PROVEN guilty, he'll be sentenced.

Unlike some, I don't take everything that a female says to be gospel, unless it's proven.