'The Country Was Thriving': Joe Rogan Says That 'More Things Were Getting Done' When Donald Trump Was President — Unemployment Was Down, Regulations Relaxed. Is He Right?

Social Media

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Anybody spot the doublethink here. The economy is a catastrophe? Really? Not even close to true. The US is leading the F\& and most developed nations in its recovery and in battling inflation. Unemployment is at historically low levels. But apparently when worldwide inflation followed the covid pandemic, that was Biden's fault.

But if the dollar is strong, he gets no credit.

As for NATO being feeble as ever, tell that to Finland and Sweden.

For someone who claims such lofty academic credentials, you seem remarkably unfamiliar with the practice of backing up assertions with actual evidence.

The US economy may well be closer to a catastrophe than many people think. All debt is increasing, with interest rates already ruinous for recent borrowers. All market indices are way overvalued and starting to stall now. 

Let's see if Jerry Powell has the nuts to raise rates again? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

I like Joe Rogan and listen/watch to his podcasts all the time. He's pretty entertaining and has some interesting guests. I don't think he's particulalrly right-wing (although a lot of his audience are) and he has got into trouble in the past regarding covid and vaccinations (https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/02/joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-misinformation/622040/) which he eventually had to backtrack on.

He gives his OPINION and this is nothing more than that. If you looked at Trumps first couple of years you could quite easily argue he was riding the coat-tails of Obama who left a VERY healthy economy (https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/) after possibly the largest financial meltdown in history (under a GOP government I may add). 

My issue with JR's take on this is the cherry picking. Trump was in power for 4 years and all JR is talking about is his first 2 years. That's a bit disingenuous as although Covid wasn't Trumps fault, many could argue he handled it dreadfully both in terms of health (largest number of deaths) and economically, adding more than any other POTUS to the national debt ($8 trillion overall but a large chunk BEFORE covid for his stupid tax cuts for the wealthy). His deregulation may have pleased business but it did very little for the protection of the environment and I certainly don't agree that 'the intelligence agencies colluding to keep a guy from being president........' Trump seems to have done a very good job of doing this to himself.

Obviously the Trump devotees on here won't see it that way but these are FACTS not opinions so if you do want to counter, please try and do it with some facts of your own (I'm not holding my breath).  

Boring and misleading. 

Covid wasn't Trumps fault, in FACT most of the 7.8T added debt in Trump's term was the 4.2T in 2020 (first Covid year). Biden is on track to beat that 7.8T easily over his four years, even with most Covid reliefalready paid. 

Trump did not deal with Covid well in many respects but, then again, who did? Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing? 

*Offensive comment edited out*

Edited by metisdead
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

All debt is increasing? Private debt is what is relevant to the economy's performance By how much is that increasing? How does the increase in that debt compare to the growth of the economy?

How are interest rates ruinous for recent borrowers? Where is this ruin of which you write?

Anyway such statements as 

"The US economy may well be closer to a catastrophe than many people think." are just plain mealymouthed. 

If you can't see how ridiculous all that is then that's a good example of how blind people have become.

Tell you what, if the US economy is still as strong as you believe in 12 months, then I will accept your mealy-mouthed accusation and also concede defeat.  

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

With the capitalist class running the fed, seemingly determined to crush a labor uprising, by holding interest rates high, it is very likely we ll have a recession on the way. 

If you wanted to blame biden for that because of changes he has made at the National labor relations board which has contributed to the ability of unions organize, i would consider that fair.

but you haven't presented any argument even half as intelligent as that

Of course, I would ask, "Whose side are you on?"

Looks like you just jumped in without following the sub thread. So how can you claim to have made an argument with any semblance of intelligence? 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

your post, that i responded to, is well sumarized as,

"Your wrong, the economy is bad, trust me bro" with the implication, given the topic of this thread, that this is biden's fault and life was better under trump.

You did not point to any data or statistics that leads you to that conclusion.

You didn't point to any policies by either party that might have influenced the outcomes.

you could have.

but  you went full "trust me bro"

I on the other hand pointed to a specific policy shift and a specific outcome to make an argument

which we can debate like gentlemen if you would like.

So you think you're a master of precis too? I was replying to someone else.

Your "specific" issue has no bearing on what I was talking about so, no, I would not like.  

On 9/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, ozimoron said:

I don't disagree but that number will be irrelevant to the outcome of the case, right? And it was likely genuinely the county valuation so lots of rich peeple got the same low valuation. It's not the only piece of evidence. Even the realistic valuations don't approach what Trump claimed.

after reading about 5 of the threads misdirected and distracted in this direction all I can say is; 'down the rabbit hole they go'

6 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Rogan is not someone I would take any sort of sane advice from ... unless of course I was solely interested in an idea to make money in the podcast realm ... soulless endeavour that is, practical and materially empowering as money is in this material world yes, but soulful and existentially supportive NO.

He has proven, over time, and this is traceable, to be the lesser of any kind of deep thinker and certainly shallow at best.

His proclivities towards patriarchal, narrow reductive definitions of masculinity, and a proclivity to white-supremacist notions is also chronologically traceable.

Kissing the earth with your feet is much more deep and thoughtful.

18 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

His proclivities towards patriarchal, narrow reductive definitions of masculinity, and a proclivity to white-supremacist notions is also chronologically traceable.

Yeah, but he and Jordan Peterson are doing a great job of trolling Gavin Newsom, since Newsom expressed fear that his son was getting caught up in their micro-cult:

We're coming for your children@GavinNewsom
We plan to turn
Your boys
Into men
And girls
Into women

Within the dark
Pathways
Of our micro cult

And that's why they both get paid big bucks...  Take them too seriously and literally, or pontificate too deeply their meaning at your own risk.  I just enjoy listening.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/09/im-really-worried-about-these-micro-cults-gavin/

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/22/gavin-newsom-andrew-tate-joe-rogan-jordan-peterson-ai/

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

Latin? Really? 

Does this look like Latin to you?

It's Latin for "after this, therefore because of this.".

Evading the issue much? The fact is that claiming because something happened or didn't happen subsequent to a previous event, if fallacious reasoning.

You've got nothing.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

If you can't see how ridiculous all that is then that's a good example of how blind people have become.

Tell you what, if the US economy is still as strong as you believe in 12 months, then I will accept your mealy-mouthed accusation and also concede defeat.  

See you in 12 months? That's just another mealy mouthed way of evading facing facts.

You offer no reason or fact to counter what I wrote. Instead, you just call it ridiculous.

Have you already forgotten the dire predictions made for the US economy not so long ago? According to them, the US should have already entered a recession long since

And you're the party who mocks projections that wrongly predicted economic decline for the UK. Yet you have no hesitation in offering them for the US. Double standards much?

You've got nothing..

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, placeholder said:

See you in 12 months? That's just another mealy mouthed way of evading facing facts.

You offer no reason or fact to counter what I wrote. Instead, you just call it ridiculous.

Have you already forgotten the dire predictions made for the US economy not so long ago? According to them, the US should have already entered a recession long since

And you're the party who mocks projections that wrongly predicted economic decline for the UK. Yet you have no hesitation in offering them for the US. Double standards much?

You've got nothing..

We'll see who has what next year - probably sooner.

9 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

Perhaps people should watch Joe rogans interview with Bill Marr neither a fan of Joe Biden but as Bill Marr laid out the deficiency of trump you could at least in my eyes see Joe rogan take it in and see the Donald for what he is .

Let's be honest 99% of voters ( trump supporters) will tell you the great things he did in fox news hannity words .

Economy great ( much better under Biden) tax cuts ( to who?) Going to scrap Obama care with no plan to replace with what?

He was so jealous of Obama. 

Let's be honest very very flawed system with corruption on both sides but I can not for the life of me figure out how the poorer Republican voters can vote for people who block minimum wage at $15 whilst government has to subsidise giant companies earning billions by food stamps to employees. 

My friends rabid Trump fans both on Disability 

13 hours ago, nauseus said:

Boring and misleading. 

Covid wasn't Trumps fault, in FACT most of the 7.8T added debt in Trump's term was the 4.2T in 2020 (first Covid year). Biden is on track to beat that 7.8T easily over his four years, even with most Covid reliefalready paid. 

Trump did not deal with Covid well in many respects but, then again, who did? Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing? 

*Offensive comment edited out*

Well next door here in the Great White North, Canada, we had a third deaths per cap than the USA. 

As for the Trump vs Biden debate it seems to be a choice between bad or worse. $$$ will likely be the deciding factor like most things in that unequitable country. It is grouped with Thailand by the Economist Group as a "Flawed Democracy" for good reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist_Democracy_Index

On 9/23/2023 at 12:02 AM, digger70 said:

Good onya Joe,   There's Many DT haters and there's Many JB haters , Here on this Forum they're Mostly DT haters . Not that it matters .

I would vote for DT if I was an American the country would be much better then with JB.

Latest ABC/Washington Times poll shows a majority of Americans favor DT over JB.  Of course, DT haters will probably dismiss these results as GOP disinformation. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Latest ABC/Washington Times poll shows a majority of Americans favor DT over JB.  Of course, DT haters will probably dismiss these results as GOP disinformation. 

No. No one denies it. Trump is currently around 1% above Biden on average.

https://www.racetothewh.com/president/polls

Only GOP disinformation is dismissed as GOP disinformation. And there's enough of it.

Screenshot_20230924-224200.png