Witch hunt against 'Big Joke' persists: Police probe rental properties linked to top cop

webfact

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One of the things I found particularly interesting was when various of the news reports listed and named the 8 officers supposedly linked to Surachate, or referred to as his subordinates, who allegedly were linked to the online gambling network.

The 8 officers were spread out all over the RTP, in different geographies and different types of units within the RTP... some in Immigration, some in province stations, some in Traffic, etc etc...

I wonder just how officers in the RTP end up becoming part of BJ's team?  And what they have to do in order to become members?

From a televised report the « party » was planned months ago, not by Surachate, and it had a mixture of guests , including ,as was stated a well known lawyer, photos were taken . Why do these officers from different units or anyone else in the RTP have to be a part of  BJs team?  Its all a lot of nit picking from police hating readers making a fuss about someone else’s salary which is none of their business.  IMO , far too quick to condemn.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, geisha said:

From a televised report the « party » was planned months ago,

I have no idea why you're talking about the "party".

The reference I made above to the 8 officers associated with BJ was the 8 who are now implicated, with arrest warrants issued, for having alleged ties to an online gambling ring.

And those 8 aren't implicated as having ties to an online gambling ring just because BJ showed up in a video singing karaoke with a woman at a party who was later arrested as being a main figure in that ring.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

If it is a witch hunt why does it keep appearing in the news? Something must be wrong otherwise it would have already calmed down.

As Winston Churchill said in WO II "If bad news has already travelled the world, good news still has to put on his shoes".. 

And this is what is happening with the RTP. They need to get rid of their stigma that it is all rotten and corrupted. So clean up the mess once and for all and show the world it can be different. Get rid of the rotten apples.

But if stories keep surfacing that corruption is/has taking place all good news activities are useless and disappear into oblivion. (Winston Churchill).

5 hours ago, orchidfan said:

The thing I've always found strange about this Embassy /Consulate "income thing"  is that if you go in to make a stat dec, then my understanding was that you, and only you, are making a declaration, and the Embassy were simply confirming your signature and Identity  .........

NOT SAYING  that your declaration is true or false!!!

Does.this mean then, that these Embassies not longer witness ANY stat. Decs???

The Embassy Consulate doesn't even confirm your identity. When I got my affirmation of marital status the Embassy Consulate did no checking whatsoever. I had to print out the document created by the website based on the information I inputted and take it with me to be stamped. My passport number on the affirmation was incorrect yet they still stamped it. I took my divorce documents, Birth Certificate etc. which the website told me I should take and they never asked for them. The mistake was noticed by the translator. I demanded the consulate give me an early appointment to ratify the amended document. The consulate boss gave me a rollocking for demanding the appointment, said I should have been more careful, asked me if the new document was now correct, still didn't check it with my passport or the other documents and simply stamped it there and then. £50 for 5 seconds work,  a meaningless stamp to make a document look official 

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well the combined rental on the two houses being 130% of his salary?

And, it seems you don't read / comprehend very well, the houses don't belong to him, so any comparion to he salary is not relevant in any way. 

• Thanks 1

He is a big joker though. He spent 30 million of his own money to pay for the support of his troops? He inherited 1 billion (his wife actually) so he doesn't need to be corrupt? He was videotaped singing with a big operator of online gambling websites and he didn't realize who she was? She just approached him becaue of his amicable personality?

It's like a stand-up comedy routine. I suspect the real reason behind his anti-corruption crusade is to amass personal power for himself by undermining other top officials. And he's pissed a lot of people off in the process.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

Used to be easy to get retirement visa based on earnings letter from Consul until Big Joke stopped it for no reason, keep hunting witches,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

And you know very well why, as thousands of income letters were total bluff and made up. That´s why they got stopped. Now everyone have to face the same rules. Though on some, and not so though for the ones who didn´t fake it. So, now you you can shut it.

10 hours ago, mark131v said:

Is it a witch-hunt if he is unusually wealthy?

He certainly appears unusually wealthy wonder how that could happen for a RTP General?

Rhetorical question you understand....

His wife is very rich

Spending over 50 million Baht a year for police operations out of his own pocket from the inheritence of his rich wife? Haha that even beats borrowing expensive watches from a dead friend.

And of course he and his relative... sorry friend have conflicting stories. Friend: I'm not collecting rent. BJ: I'm paying 50k in rent. Classic mistakes by people being questioned by investigators. He should know better ????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

The headline claims "witch hunt" while the article sheds some light on his housing situation which is more than suspicious.

Has there ever been any police general in Thailand who wasn't corrupt in one way or another? Chances that this is nothing but a "witch hunt" are slim!

He also said that the money transferred from a suspect, Minnie, to his close aide, Pol Col Pakpoom Pisamai, which led to a financial investigation and eventually the raid on his residences, was only 3 million baht. He argued that if Pakpoom were actually accepting bribes from an illegal gambling ring, it would have been a much larger sum.

This one is a banger! How exactly does BJ know the price that his subordinate would ask for if bribed by an illegal gambling ring?

I can already see the defense: Your honor. It clearly could not have been my team members. They would not accept a measly 3M THB, they have a much higher price tag!

Edited by eisfeld
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

What is a Police General's salary per month? 

Including bribes?  I would estimate in the hundreds of thousands at least.  Everyone in Thailand knows the police salaries depend on bribes.  It's not a bad system actually, as a consumer.  I'd rather give a Thai cop 1000 baht "spot fine" than give a faceless bureaucracy 10,000 baht for the same offense.