American Man Rescued From Drowning at Phuket Beach

webfact

image.jpeg

Phuket – An American tourist has been rescued from drowning at Karon Beach.

The Phuket Tourist Police told the Phuket Express on Tuesday (September 26th) that they were notified of the incident at Karon Beach. Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the unidentified male American tourist who had already been pulled up from the water. The American tourist was still conscious but was still taken to a nearby hospital.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Source: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2023-09-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Karon Beach is the worst, that I've experienced.   I had trouble getting out of 'waist' high water one time.  It was just pulling on me, quite surprisingly, and my legs are probably my most developed muscles (years of cycling & track), or used to be ????

I never went back in the surf again on that beach ????

I see Patong beach still had red flags out yesterday, so guessing they were out on Karon.

You can't fix stupid.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:
6 hours ago, bignok said:

No shortage of tourists taking risks.

Should stick to the hotel pool if not a strong swimmer... the ocean doesn't take any prisoners.

Can't disagree, based on results here.  But the idea of flying halfway around the world to an internationally famous beach resort, then not getting in the water...

In fairness, we often swam in surf much rougher than anything I've ever seen in Thailand.  But it's the deceiving rip currents that probably lead to tragedy.

• Like 1