'Big Joke' Absent From Duty Amid Online Gambling Case

webfact

He sure liked to throw some heat toward foreigners, as director of immigration. I guess he cannot handle being on the receiving end of the heat, nor can he handle being unmasked, and exposed for who he truly is. And anyone who doubts his guilt should always remember, with the RTP, they are ALWAYS guilty, until proven innocent. They deserve that lack of respect, or benefit of the doubt, and so does the biggest joke. See ya! Finally.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Very presumptive and a WRONG assumption. Done the extension myself with 800k year-around for years. I could meet the financial requirements of OX or BOI LTR if I wanted.

I don't want any tightening because I don't want to submit more documents whose dates have to line up or at worst be required to supply something that can't be obtained from my embassy/my country e.g. "proof of origin of funds certified by Embassy". AMLO type origin of funds proving could be on the agenda. The requirements for proof are unlikely to be anything but very precise and very pedantically enforced.

Who knows what kind of curve ball they will throw at us - they might decide the best way to ensure "quality" applicants is to require a Masters degree (as per one BOI visa type). The generation in their fifties didn't do Masters degrees  it came with the debasement of education. SO: how many "good" falangs would be able to meet that requirement? They might have to uproot.

All you people wishing for tighter visa requirements, be careful what you wish for , they might throw a curve ball that bites YOU on the @ss.

All of those who said if you can't afford 400k year-around you can't afford to retire here, I say to you if you can't afford to be double taxed you can't afford to retire here. How does that feel?. Too many people on here gloating from an incorrect presumption of their own extension security.

So funny, but calm down, if you are that loaded there is no need for you to rant, unless you're skint, that is.................????

• Haha 1

Big Joke might end up dead in a ditch somewhere this and the RTP would not be able to find who did it.  The Kamnan Nok case would come to a dead end too.  Powerful forces are lined up against and his big boss Prawit, who got him off the hook last time is no longer in power.

5 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Whoever writes these reports - it would be appreciated if you could reduce your use of adjectives and adverbs. It is unnecessary. You're reporting news, not writing a novel. 

They overkilled the article  using ChatGPT to rewrite it in the style of Jordan Peterson

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Police Lieutenant General Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has taken a three-day leave of absence amidst ongoing scrutiny related to accusations of online gambling involvement. The abrupt hiatus has drawn significant media attention, casting a shroud of mystery and speculation.

Almost every day a new scandal.. 

I guess when your police officers start shooting each other at a party its time to bring out the story book again.  Which one this time Big Joke, that overseas mafia guy, Chuvit the old guy in a suit, or little girl abducted by ghosts in a rural village?

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, paddypower said:

yep - a visit to my village Post Office yesterday saw the entire staff glued to the TV coverage of BJ at various Buddhist ceremonies. Did you know that visiting the temple is like getting a ''get out of jail free'' card?

Anyone who has been in Thailand for even a short time and reading or watching what happens here knows this.. It is too bad it doesn't work for the foreigners here hmm.... The only thing that works for them is how thick the brown envelope is.. 

• Confused 1

Has the news got the inside information that the reason he took a vacation from duty was because of the  raid on his home and accusations for being part of the online gambling? 

Perhaps they have it all wrong and he really took his leave when he lost face from losing the top position he was vying for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Supposedly they were on a motocycle, so about 50 cm from the car.

Then not such a great group and of course most likely the case. If Joke shot fired the shots himself he would be careful to avoid extensive damage to his car. 

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

2019 redux.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1094323-a-mysterious-fall-from-grace-the-rise-and-fall-of-big-joke-surachate-hakparn/

Back then I think he made visits to temples in India, maybe a vacation in the U.S.?

Back to the Lazarus Pit.

I predict he will make a comeback.

Yes, he's as slippery as he looks. We all wrote him off last time when he was banished to some obscure office job.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, quake said:

Yes, almost forgot about it.

Dirty Falang. 

"Yes, almost forgot about it."

How very dare you! That quote should be on every travel guide about Thailand to illustrate how eloquent with words Thai politicians are!

9 hours ago, mokwit said:

Very presumptive and a WRONG assumption. Done the extension myself with 800k year-around for years. I could meet the financial requirements of OX or BOI LTR if I wanted.

Hang on Mokwit, in another thread you were complaining that Big Joke made it so difficult for retirees, that retirees had to use an agent or were punished for it.

Now you're telling us that you do actually do them yourself?

Edited by Brickleberry