TV host left scarred after beauty treatment botch-up at popular Thai clinic

webfact

image.jpeg

A beauty clinic client shared her traumatic experience after a beauty procedure went wrong, resulting in severe burns on her face. The beauty treatment was carried out by a new employee who apparently adjusted the equipment incorrectly.

The client, named only as Am, works as a TV show host. She has been left in agony, unable to work, and facing a significant financial burden for corrective treatment.

The incident occurred on September 3, at an unnamed clinic in a local Thai shopping centre. After receiving a usual acne treatment, the client underwent a basic laser treatment, performed not by a doctor, but by a clinic employee.

Am reported feeling intense heat during the beauty treatment, which did not subside even after it had finished. Despite her distress, the clinic only provided steroids for relief, without any immediate cooling treatment.

Following the incident, Am immediately reported it to the police. The clinic, admitting their mistake, promised full compensation for the costs incurred. However, as of September 22, the client had not received any form of compensation or an apology from the clinic’s management.

by Samantha Rose

Photo: Sanook.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

She has been left in agony, unable to work, and facing a significant financial burden for corrective treatment.

That is an issue here, people and businesses are not held accountable for their own errors or ineptitude.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Is it just me (probably is lol, ????) or do folks, often, who have plastic surgery, lip filler to the point of looking like some sort of weird blow-up doll, skin whitening so they look like ghosts, way too big boob jobs that look so fake and inflated, look like strange anime quasi-aliens?

I see the Euro, and it seems especially the Russian gals around the island and they look totally deformed to me.

It's just environmental madness where crazy people are running rampant

• Sad 1

The issue here is not that a girl went for treatment, but that long term damage has caused as a result of poor training and poor standards.

This could be considered 'mal-practice' however, I wonder if such a place has a licence to practice in the first place. 

The insult here is the offer of a refund for the procedure and not compensation. 

Of course, all such places of treatment should carry insurance to cover such eventualities... I doubt many do. 

• Like 1

Poor las, feel sorry for her. Hope the ‘beauty clinic’ gets shafted, but unlikely. Here on television more so than many places would drive a lady to try to look perfect. She’s gone from a rather fetching hooman with a few spots to a, nonetheless fetching, tiger with a few spots. 

On 9/30/2023 at 12:50 AM, Celsius said:

This girl went for an acne treatment, so no neet to compare it to your bargirl's botox or tit job.

I remember in my teenage years wanting to get rid of acne too. 

She had finished the Acne treatment, but then she let a padwan practise on her face with a light sabre.

• Haha 2