Rand Paul: Withdraw Ukraine money if you want to avoid shutdown

Social Media

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

you seem misinformed about Ukraine. What are your sources?

Various news reports, and simple common sense.  The Pentagon can't even keep track of in house finances,(trillions of $$$ unaccounted for) let alone foreign gifts.  

To think otherwise is ignorant. 

These are IMHO from my reading.  Feel free to research Ms Google.  You'll find more than you want.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Stated more than a few times, I would cut all foreign aid, and bring all military back to US soil & waters.  Stop playing world police force & corporate security.  Billion $$$ can pay for their own security.

31+ Trillion $$$ debt, can't pay own bills, and giving sh!t away.

Can't fix stupid

You think the US can just ignore the rest of the world and everything will be fine?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Sounds reasonable. Spending more money on Ukraine should be part of a separate bill, not the general government spending one. Let Congress debate openly about whether or not to add $6 billion to the national debt for that conflict. No reason for the US to pay the salaries of first responders and the like in another country.

Agree 100%. I hope Rand doesn't buckle.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The last time the US withdrew to its borders, the result was Pearl Harbor.

I am sure that Vladimir Putin approves KhunLa's post.

There was a bit more to it than "the US withdrew to its borders", but perhaps you are unaware of the reasons.

Accusing anyone that disagrees with funding a proxy war with Ukrainians paying the ultimate price as Putin lovers is IMO the usual response of those that have no argument to support the death of other people in a conflict they will never take part in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Since you want to cut funding for Ukraine because the Pentagon finances are unclear, do you want to cut other Pentagon funding, too? Or just Ukraine?

Did he say he wanted to cut funding for Ukraine- evidence please?

The argument is that Ukraine funding should be separated from normal government spending and voted on separately.

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did he say he wanted to cut funding for Ukraine- evidence please?

The argument is that Ukraine funding should be separated from normal government spending and voted on separately.

Only a good idea if McCarthy will allow it, which he won't.

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I guess it would work if the rest of the world played along but as we know all to well they won’t so his idea is a recipe for disaster obviously 

Even if the rest of the world played along, isolationism leads to decline.  North Korea is an obvious example, but there are no wealthy nations that are isolationist, unless you count special case minnows like Vatican City or Monaco.

• Thumbs Up 1