How do I get a list of deaths

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

2022, the Thai RSC recorded 551 foreign deaths on Thailand’s roads. A further 7,912 foreigners were injured

Absolutely shocking !

551 farangs were killed in 2022

that can fill up a whole stadium 

The "injured" can be an even worse stat, head injuries etc etc

Many low IQ farang with no helmet, plus the riding too fast farang.

Alot of the risks can be mitigated

Edited by scubascuba3

So 451 foreigners have died in road accidents in Thailand this year with 268 of them from Myanmar (won't be riding in Myanmar anytime soon)

Other neighbouring nations are Cambodia (37), Laos (26) and Malaysia (3) to make neighbouring countries 74% of foreign road deaths

Some other nations:

17 - Russia 

12 - Benin

9 - UK, USA 

8 - Germany

5 - China

4 - India, Australia, Netherlands

3 - Norway

2 - France, Ukraine, Italy

So how many were from Pattaya to satisfy the OP's "fascination with farang road accident deaths in Pattaya"

Edited by Pattaya57

1 hour ago, RanongCat said:

If  for Thailand then why not so for every country ?

I am not defending  or denying that Thailand has a shocking record for road deaths but nor is it actually the worst by percent of population.

Not far from the worst .

Not every country that has a majority of people not knowing how to use the roads safely and often no license .

The facts are not distributed for a good reason .The Thai authorities have no desire to warn off potential tourist's.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, itsari said:

Corcasian I believe is the correct term .

People from Corca? ????. You mean Caucasian. TBH I haven't had the opportunity to find out exactly what breed of whitey is covered by the term.

eg are Russians considered farang or do they have their own special classification? Probably depends on who you talk to, lots of differing views out there.

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

People from Corca? ????. You mean Caucasian. TBH I haven't had the opportunity to find out exactly what breed of whitey is covered by the term.

eg are Russians considered farang or do they have their own special classification? Probably depends on who you talk to, lots of differing views out there.

You know how to spell the word but not what it means , ok but you understood what i meant even if i spelt it wrong .

If they recover a unknown white corpse from the river then the body is discribed as caucasion . 

Not many different ways only the accepted way of what a caucasion is . 

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

You know how to spell the word but not what it means , ok but you understood what i meant even if i spelt it wrong .

If they recover a unknown white corpse from the river then the body is discribed as caucasion . 

Not many different ways only the accepted way of what a caucasion is . 

Of course I know what Caucasian means, whatever gave you the idea that I don't?

15 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

551 non Thai killed 2022

We must get the score so far for 2023 !

OP is now actively reporting/wanting all of Thailand death stats and there's not one single post specific to Pattaya, so can we please ditch this thread from the Pattaya specific forum?

Edited by Pattaya57

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Some other nations:

17 - Russia 

12 - Benin

9 - UK, USA 

8 - Germany

5 - China

4 - India, Australia, Netherlands

3 - Norway

2 - France, Ukraine, Italy

So how many were from Pattaya to satisfy the OP's "fascination with farang road accident deaths in Pattaya"

Wonder why they lump the Brits and Yanks together?  We don't even drive on the same side of the road.

Also wonder whether they fit the Thai criteria of "declared dead at the scene" or include those who die later in hospital?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Not far from the worst .

Not every country that has a majority of people not knowing how to use the roads safely and often no license .

The facts are not distributed for a good reason .The Thai authorities have no desire to warn off potential tourist's.

Well obviously Thai authorities would not have such a desire.

No more so than say the UK authorities advising potential legit visitors to be aware of hiked Hotel prices because  many budget hotels maybe unavailable due to "humanitarian "  housing refugee boat arrivals ?

The reality is that the sad majority of Thailand road fatalities feature motorcyclists including a percentage of foreigners for reasons covering a wide range of circumstances.

The majority of foreigner deaths that get publicized are by cause of drunken and/ or drugged belligerence and/or stupidity, suicide , terminal disease, natural causes.

The number of deaths involving criminal activities are probably comparable in number to those of country of origin... maybe less. 

Road deaths such involving tourist passengers on paid transport does happen but rarely in exclusively to fellow Thai travelers.

Travel warnings to such as self indulgent inexperienced youths are  already provided........in the exclusion clauses of the Travel Insurance Policies they never purchase !

For the rest ? It ain't like  back home  isit Mi!dred !

How about Police records.  They are surely summoned to the accidents and will have detailed records, including nationality. I wonder if they would help or even the Tourist Police?

I would also be interested to know alcohol or cannabis/ drugs levels in their blood. I know you could get this in other countries.

TAT sadly won’t be interested in this, they weren’t when dengue was very prevalent.

Another source could be the Immigration, but as with all agencies there may be an issue with confidentiality?.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 7:05 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Are you saying a day?

Yes, and remember that only people who die at the scene are recorded. If someone dies in hospital later it is not counted as a traffic accident death. That way the Government can keep the actual numbers down.

As for posting pictures of the deceased months, or even years after the event is not very considerate to the relatives is it.

On 10/1/2023 at 11:28 AM, Lemsta69 said:

They're Rafang.