Tip on 1600 Baht massage

silveo

4 minutes ago, silveo said:

I use the Lets Relax chain and do the 1600 bath 90 minute massage. I don’t mind the price because I get reimbursed the full amount from my company. What is a good tip on this price? I’ve been tipping 200 baht but want to make sure it’s not too little or too much. 

A 1600 THB in the areas of Thailand where I've lived include a hot-bath and extras.  A couple hundred THB tips is sufficient.

• Like 1

It's funny sometimes how we base tip on price. I might have a good cheap meal with good service but the tip will be lower than at a more expensive restaurant where the service is the same. Similar with massage possibly as if the 90 minutes was 500 you may give less even if massage same.

Getting to the point 200 baht is a nice tip in my opinion. Not amazing but probably more than many would offer. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, silveo said:

I use the Lets Relax chain and do the 1600 bath 90 minute massage. I don’t mind the price because I get reimbursed the full amount from my company. What is a good tip on this price? I’ve been tipping 200 baht but want to make sure it’s not too little or too much. 

If you really enjoy the massage, 200 baht is fine.

If it was an OK massage, 100 baht is fine.

If it was not even OK, then zero tip.

• Thumbs Up 1

In Pattaya an hour massage varies from 100 to 300 baht, I'd tip 50 baht but generally do the 100 baht massage as it's the same as 300.

1600 baht is just way too high, no tip needed.

I'm assuming this isn't some kind of special massage, even they are cheaper than 1600

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silveo said:

I use the Lets Relax chain and do the 1600 bath 90 minute massage.

I'm intrigued .... Exactly what 'treatment' do you pay for?

Spa Treatments - Let's Relax Spa (letsrelaxspa.com)

I pay ฿300 for a 60 min (90 mins would kill me) Thai full body massage with no extras up country.  ฿50 tip is plenty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

In Pattaya an hour massage varies from 100 to 300 baht, I'd tip 50 baht but generally do the 100 baht massage as it's the same as 300.

1600 baht is just way too high, no tip needed.

I'm assuming this isn't some kind of special massage, even they are cheaper than 1600

It's a legit spa chain. I've been to a lot of 300baht/hour massages in Bangkok and none have been exceptional.  This place gives you a lot of amenities including private room and shower.  However, I wouldn't pay that much if it wasn't free (I get reimbursed).

42 minutes ago, Madgee said:

I'm intrigued .... Exactly what 'treatment' do you pay for?

Spa Treatments - Let's Relax Spa (letsrelaxspa.com)

I pay ฿300 for a 60 min (90 mins would kill me) Thai full body massage with no extras up country.  ฿50 tip is plenty. 

same i tip 50 on a typical hour massage...

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's funny sometimes how we base tip on price. I might have a good cheap meal with good service but the tip will be lower than at a more expensive restaurant where the service is the same. Similar with massage possibly as if the 90 minutes was 500 you may give less even if massage same.

Getting to the point 200 baht is a nice tip in my opinion. Not amazing but probably more than many would offer. 

I base any tip on the extra sexual services they provided.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

In Pattaya an oil massage will cost between 2-300 baht. Including a rub out and sometimes more i usually pay no more than 500 baht inclusive.

If the girl likes you and you say the right things then the sometimes more can be quite a lot more which makes the 500 good value

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

It doesn't make any sense at all to tip for a massage. You've paid for a massage and you've got a massage. What's the tip for? Did you receive a "special" service?

A tip after you've paid 1600 isn't necessary, if you'd paid 100+ then yes a tip is required

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A tip after you've paid 1600 isn't necessary, if you'd paid 100+ then yes a tip is required

Ladies in expensive spas such as mentioned are not paid much more per client than 300bht places, (maybe 150-200bht total)regardless of actual customer price and are generally less busy, with strict managment and work practices.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Ladies in expensive spas such as mentioned are not paid much more per client than 300bht places, (maybe 150-200bht total)regardless of actual customer price and are generally less busy, with strict managment and work practices.

This is the fundamental flaw with tipping. The service provider's poor pay is used as a reason to tip whereas in fact it's the opposite. The tips are leading to the poor basic pay.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Correct. Could be 120 baht for a thai massage and 170 for an aromatherapy. Despite much more payment to shop, and expertise of staff member to give the aromatherapy massage, not much more so they rely on tips and based on some of the replies here it's not looking good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I don't know about these expensive 1600 baht places but it's common in massage shops around Pattaya to be 50\50