Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Win Nobel Prize for Medicine 2023

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From COVID to cancer: High hopes for Nobel mRNA vaccines

What else can mRNA do?

Scientists have worked on developing mRNA jabs for illnesses like seasonal flu, rabies and Zika, as well as those that have remained vaccine-resistant until now, including malaria and AIDS.

Researchers have also started testing personalized treatments on cancer patients, using samples of the proteins in their tumors to create specialized mRNA.

This then triggers the immune system to target specific cancer cells.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-10-covid-cancer-high-nobel-mrna.html

Happened across further info on this (future use of mRNA) in my nightly reading today:

August 31, 2023

Physicians reckon with 'profound' impact of COVID-19

"The technology is being explored for other vaccines. The NIAID initiated a phase 1 clinical trial of three experimental mRNA HIV vaccines last year and, in May of this year, launched a phase 1 trial testing an experimental universal influenza vaccine that uses the technology. Also, in July, Moderna asked the FDA to begin reviewing its application to approve a respiratory syncytial virus vaccine candidate based on mRNA technology."

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20230831/physicians-reckon-with-profound-impact-of-covid19

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm certainly NOT anti-vax but I do share the many reservations about mRNA.  Further, Pfizer and Moderna are reported to have increased prices five fold for the current covid vax.

DNA vaccines could be the way forward - Texas BioMed are working with a DNA vaccine already tested in RSA - NO side effects and needle free delivery. Addressing the nucleosid of the protein it is able to address new variants more effectively. https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023/10/02/new-type-of-covid-vaccine-showing-promise-at-texas-biomed/

This vaccine was developed by Scancell in Nottingham UK but they are preoccupied with their own well advanced platforms for cancer vaccines, e.g. their SCIB1 for stage 3 / 4 melanoma having recently reported responses of 80% in conjunction with the 'standard of care' CPI's alone, achieving only 50% responses.

Good luck to BioMed and Scancell.

Well done the Nobel winners . . . .

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

These are your words, and yet you are still on a 24-7 mission trying to convince people to stay up to date with their booster-shots, and denying any adverse effects from these wonder-jabs...

Nobody is denying adverse effects.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Well all I can say is it's a shame I wasn't warned about the debilitating Guillain-Barre like symptoms that I and thousands of others suffered (on top of all the other effects). If I had of known I would have taken the informed consent much more seriously and decided against it. All I can say is that I hope no one takes all the one sided "information" on board and has to suffer like I had to suffer. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy and that would include the people on this forum. I would encourage everyone to do due diligence and that involves a wide range of reading from all sources available. Just remember at the end of the day, statistics are people and you could be one of them.

Too many fringe and lunatic websites and information out there to trust 'all sources available '. Stick to credible sources.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Might want to go back and check your facts on that and not from social media

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall. 

Many were telling us vaccines would end the spread.  Biden was off base and honestly I'm probably going to make more mistakes at his age.  Many other officials were telling us that the vaccine would almost eliminate getting the virus minus rare breakthrough infections.  We learned within months that this was far from the truth and many started doubting the vaccine. 

I personally still believe the vaccines were an incredible accomplishment with a positive impact on the spread and fatality rates.  What upset many of us was that we were not allowed to freely express any doubts.  It was a sad time and weak people became powerful and abused this power.  Shame on them and all the hatred they promoted in the name of doing good.  Some good people lost their minds is how I look  back on the covid era.  Forgive and move on.

• Like 1