Internal feud rocks Pheu Thai Party: Chalerm Ubumrung severs ties with Thaksin Shinawatra

snoop1130

Interesting. If I was into conspir...... (wait not sure if it's actually allowed through algorithm but let's find out,) conspiracy theories, then how about this? He's being paid big, big, big time by the uncle's to do this. Destabalise the coalition and continue to do so by whatever means and  hopefully sometime in future the whole thing collapes and ....

image.jpeg.ec70b7f30128ccdc9a7053a2bf31622e.jpeg

ps. just a thought.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Those tight links got severed many years ago but Chalerm Yubamrung (that's how he wrote his name in the past) should enjoy his fleet of luxury vehicles (a pink Bentley among others) on his tiny plot of land in Thonburi (he was called the "governor" of Thonburi) as well as the company of his three sons, apparently all with interesting criminal traces. Is he off the booze meanwhile? 

I'm not a friend of either gentlemen but this hick hack must have been anticipated in an eleven party coalition to achieve "majority" - me thinks. Eleven parties in Thailand - mission impossible to agree on the colour of the chairs in the meeting room, trust me! 

"...should enjoy his fleet of luxury vehicles (a pink Bentley among others) on his tiny plot of land in Thonburi..."

The tiny plot of land includes 2 full size football (soccer) pitches.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Reuters -- April 27, 2008

"A decorated policeman was shot dead in a Bangkok bar in 2001 after a fracas with the son of a top politician. The next day, the son, a military officer, went AWOL before surrendering six months later to the Thai embassy in Malaysia on a murder charge.

Then, two years later, he was acquitted due to a lack of evidence since nobody in the bar at the time will testify. Four years on, and Duangchalerm Yubamrung is back in the headlines in the Southeast Asian nation having been reinstated this week as an army sub-lieutenant."

https://www.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-33255620080427

Dad was the Interior Minister at the time.

If you could bottle Thainess it would have an overpowering stench of corruption, nepotism, cowardice a complete lack of justice and no moral compass. The rich and powerful in Thailand really have very few redeeming features

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

"...should enjoy his fleet of luxury vehicles (a pink Bentley among others) on his tiny plot of land in Thonburi..."

The tiny plot of land includes 2 full size football (soccer) pitches.

I am fully aware of those football fields - hence the reference to the "tiny" plot for his 55 (some 20 years ago) luxury vehicles. Is it not nice to know, that the government has remuneration packages of eight and nine digit amounts for the truly dedicated?