Working class Brits struggling, small business swamped with mountains of paperwork, economy tanking. Did the politicians botch the implementation pf Brexit?

Goat

I don't know what this post has to do with Thailand ????

There is definitely no connection between people in Little Britain and people in Thailand.

If so - what you have to explain - why not compare people in Britain with people in Bangladesh or Mali or Sudan?

So just dump it.????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

it wasn't mosr definately NOT a non-white thing. Just say what you mean instead of beating around the bush. The UK is arguablt the most ratially tolerant and diversive country there is. 

The main issue was a sovereignty issue. The wokeist EU were forever imposing ridiculous laws on us that had no bearing on life in UK. Open door immigration without any checks being done on who was actually coming in and lying about the numbers that did come in. 

It became intolerable and people voiced their displeasure at the ballot box. Your regional remark is verging on racist and is another reason the polls got it sooo wrong. 

All those stories in the media of life coming to a halt, planes being unable to fly over our air space, etc.........economies crashing to unprecendet levels..........the people just got sick of being hoodwinked.

You clearly went along with the hoodwinking or you're a terrible wokeist liberal and part of the problem.

plus the Maastricht treaty was pointing the way to total unity of europe. One armed forces, one governing body with countries parliaments being relegated to the level of county councils. I did not get chance to vote but would have voted leave and still would, given the chance. Incompetent leaders is the problem, only incompetents are on offer for your vote, politicians and not leaders. There is only a veneer of democracy when you are offered a choice between a or b and both a and b are going to follow the party line. That is the same choice given in communist elections. Worse still in the uk the prime minister is not elected by the public but by his party, now that really is democracy gone wrong. Screaming Lord Sutch and his monster raving loony party probably put forward some of the best legislation in the uk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

It wasn't a idea it was Cameron caving into his back benchers to include a referendum on leaving the EU in the party manifesto in return for him to continue as PM for a second term, which he gladly did of course thinking that he would win the referendum to stay in....

The usual conservative excrement we have seen for the last upteen years of putting their party first and the nation in the sewer...

Edited by Andycoops
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dionigi said:

plus the Maastricht treaty was pointing the way to total unity of europe. One armed forces, one governing body with countries parliaments being relegated to the level of county councils. I did not get chance to vote but would have voted leave and still would, given the chance. Incompetent leaders is the problem, only incompetents are on offer for your vote, politicians and not leaders. There is only a veneer of democracy when you are offered a choice between a or b and both an and b are going to follow the party line. That is the same choice given in communist elections. Worse still in the uk the prime minister is not elected by the public but by his party, now that really is democracy gone wrong. Screaming Lord Sutch and his monster raving loony party probably put forward some of the best legislation in the uk.

The PM is the leader of the party, they are never elected by the public.

No, I hear/read that the US economy is zooming right now while many other nations are hurting.  But, query any working class person in the US and they will tell you that life sucks if they don't just punch you as they too are pissed off about their financial status.  The only folks who are not being swamped by the

interest rates due to "inflation" are the really rich people.  But all the working stiffs are PISSED off.  I chat with folks back home and they all show me the

horror stories of trying to buy a house or car, credit card interest rates etc and gas prices zooming.  If you see any US news it will be about the workers

in just about every industry on strikes for higher wages and better benefits.  

• Sad 1

On 10/9/2023 at 5:29 AM, JonnyF said:

Anyone who has been paying attention knows that these doom and gloom predictions for the UK are quietly revised upwards once the real figures come out. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/30/uk-economy-better-germany-france-brexit-remainers/

I'd save those Remainer tears for France and Germany.

image.png.96c97d6d5c5610699f51e7003fb2a39e.png

That's generally known as 'cooking the books'. A similar action took place in 2014 when HMG were spouting that the UK economy was now the fifth largest in the world. The reason (which they never bothered to mention) was that the method of calculating GDP was revised to include a notional figure for prostitution and drugs. Hey presto! The GDP suddenly takes an upward burst and its drinks all round at such a great success.....

On 10/9/2023 at 11:29 AM, JonnyF said:

Anyone who has been paying attention knows that these doom and gloom predictions for the UK are quietly revised upwards once the real figures come out. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/30/uk-economy-better-germany-france-brexit-remainers/

I'd save those Remainer tears for France and Germany.

image.png.96c97d6d5c5610699f51e7003fb2a39e.png

Do you know the Aussie anti-Brit is baiting here....????

• Thumbs Up 1