Thailand needs to calm down it's rush to EV !

TorquayFan

10 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Thanks for the info

But what about where they connect to the motor? I assume they have a + and a - terminal with leads out to the electric motor????

The motors run on 3 phase AC so a lot more than 2 terminals, but all fully sealed.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Motdaeng - you say "there's hardly a reason for a homeowner in a rural (as you described yourself) area not to own an ev." Really ?

I certainly didn't get that impression from the posts I've read. I think we are all "open to receiving arguments

from experienced ev users" but I've not noticed many here so far.

In passing I wonder how "experienced ev users" will feel when their batteries fail at 8 years + and it costs THB 100K minimum to replace them or when their insurance premiums go up, which can't be long . . .

Ben I agree EV may be suitable as 2nd car runarounds but in 3-5 years time, the batteries in 2nd hand vehicles will be getting old. Oh, and the 'range' such as it is, starts to fall at that stage, (as it does with the a/c on).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

EV's make sense in terms of reducing air pollution and noise in congested cities.

They also make sense in terms of running costs for owners, although the increased capital cost offsets that somewhat.

Authorities and insurance companies are still grappling with how to ensure an EV battery fire does not have catastrophic consequences.

As the world still relies on fossil fuels for 70% of electricity generation, EV's do not yet make sense in terms of reducing carbon dioxide emissions. That particular form of pollution is simply transferred to the power station.

Ev's are highly polluting w.r.to the raw materials they are made from, and battery disposal.

They are also causing more wear for roads, being about 600 kg heavier than a corresponding ICE.

every new development or innovation also brings negative side effects. mass production of electric cars has barely

been around for 10 years, and in another 10 years, electromobility will have further evolved because the potential is

just started to kick in ...

perhaps in 20 years, there will be better alternatives to electric cars, who knows. but internal combustion engines (ICE)

have no potential anymore and can hardly be the future solution.

we all should know, pollution and noise make people sick (or dying) ... if you live in a bigger city (eg. chiang mai etc) you know what i mean ..

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If the best you can do to refute posted facts is to use a laughing emoji, IMO that's just childish.

When they fall under the 'broken record' scenario, sorry, that's the best they deserve.

When they post on the 'EVs in TH' thread with all the negatives of owning an EV in the UK, then yea, they are laughable.

When they post repetitive vids from anti EV/CH haters, that are just plain false info or fake stories, yea, I chuckle at their silliness.

Read one the other day, Luptin parking garage fire, implying caused by EV, with nothing in the story suggesting.  Even fire marshal stated suspected from a diesel vehicle.   Then at end of post adds, wait to more info .... after stating, probably yet another EV fire.

Then when shown it was an ICEV, posts, then it probably ignited an EV, causing more damage.

All laughable.

How many times can you tell an idiot about battery longevity, LFP safety, priced the same, perform better, CH is not the anti Christ?

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1