Ok beer o clock

bignok

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

No thanks. I consider beer to be one of the most boring drinks on earth. 

Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers, in terms of the very low quality. Poor grade of hops, barely, and the production process seems to be entirely lacking in pride. Typical of the big monopolies. Even a large production beer, like Beer Laos blows away any Thai beer, hands down. Thailand desperately needs a vital craft beer movement, and the youth are ready to mount it. If only the dinosaurs would stop protecting their "bankers" and move out of the way. In other words, allow some progress, you mindless simpletons! 

+1 ????

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thai beer is only rivaled by Serbian beer, and the mass produced American beers, in terms of the very low quality. Poor grade of hops, barely, and the production process seems to be entirely lacking in pride. Typical of the big monopolies. Even a large production beer, like Beer Laos blows away any Thai beer, hands down. Thailand desperately needs a vital craft beer movement, and the youth are ready to mount it. If only the dinosaurs would stop protecting their "bankers" and move out of the way. In other words, allow some progress, you mindless simpletons! 

Agreed. Thai beer is utter crapola. Not denigrating the Thais at all as they are capable of churning out good things. Though, as you point out, are hamstrung by a dinosaur monopoly. I will have a beer and think on it some more. ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Agreed. Thai beer is utter crapola. Not denigrating the Thais at all as they are capable of churning out good things. Though, as you point out, are hamstrung by a dinosaur monopoly. I will have a beer and think on it some more. ????

Standard Thai beers are poor but there are some interesting craft beers now, Full Moon, Chatri and Chalawan for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beer Lao is basically a Heineken. I like Asahi, which pops up on a lot of pub happy hours.

I'm only good for maybe 10 beers a year. It's for Mex food or BBQ. With Thai food, a beer is very dissonant due to the bitterness.

Which is why I like Asahi. It's Asian Corona, just barely a beer.

6 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Beer Lao is basically a Heineken. I like Asahi, which pops up on a lot of pub happy hours.

I'm only good for maybe 10 beers a year. It's for Mex food or BBQ. With Thai food, a beer is very dissonant due to the bitterness.

Which is why I like Asahi. It's Asian Corona, just barely a beer.

All Japanese beers are good

24 minutes ago, proton said:

Red horse if you want to get pissed, 8% 75 baht a can in Tops

I had a RH years ago and wasn't impressed. Apparently it isn't the same as what you get in The Philippines. Mind you,  my records show that the one I had was 6..9ABV so maybe they changed the formula.

I don't drink to get pissed.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I have drunk beer to excess since I have been 14 or 15. I am getting a bit sick of it. I have cut back markedly in the past 12 months, perhaps drinking on average less than 2 beers twice a week. In reality I drink because of my desire for English conversation after day after day of Tinglish and the endless misunderstandings. To be honest, the standard of conversation is not very high in the town's only faring bar......it's sport; followed by Thai driver; followed by sport; followed by how thick or dishonest thais are; followed by sport; followed by how lousy/stupid Thai wives/women are....

To be brutally honest the standard of conversation is driven by the standard of educmacation of the English speakers.....maybe 1 in 20 hold a degree.....the bigotry and ignorance is deplorable especially about international events reflecting the fact the only source of news for 90% of them is CNN or BBS TV news (both establishment propaganda BS). Debate is about increased volume and assertion without any evidence (much like on here). 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1