savannakhet now require bank statement (400k) for 1 year multi visa (non-O marriage or Thai family)

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Slightly off topic, mods welcome to move it: I’m married to a Thai, we have 2 kids. Is it possible for me to get a non-O based on being a parent, or is that for separated/single parents only?

No.

You need a Kor Ror 11 (I think, going off memory), which is a legal document from the courts or your local amphur signed by your wife in person that you are the legal guardian of the child, not her. Even then, if you are married, the IO will likely refuse and insist that you must extend based on marriage. 

There is a similar situation where a foreign father is married but the Thai wife and mother works overseas, living him in Thailand living with their son. Immigration don't give a marriage extension because the wife doesn't even live in Thailand, never mind with them, and they are married so they refuse to extend based on parentage and insist it must be based on marriage because he is married to the Thai mother.

They don't want loopholes for foreign husbands to not have to keep 400k in the bank for months, so insist on marriage extensions for such situations. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

From what I understand, only 200k needs to be shown,  with no seasoning needed. Times are hard atm, it is what it is.

If you are planning to apply for a Non O visa based on Thai children in Savannakhet, be aware (i) you can only get a single entry visa (unlike when based on Thai spouse); and (ii) while it is correct that only 200k baht has been needed in the past, the current requirements are not clear. You can get a single entry Non O visa there based on your wife with no financial proof, so going for the child visa there seems to make no sense.

Applying for the visa at an immigration office in Thailand, you would need the same 400k baht needed for Thai wife (though, officially, seasoning is not supposed to be needed).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 9:45 AM, NanLaew said:

Good grief, another pedant.

Q. What's the difference between the immigration officer at the arrival airport stamping an embassy-issued, single-entry visa as 'used' and the immigration officer at the local immigration officer stamping their newly issued single-entry visa they issued as 'used'?

A. None. It is still a visa regardless of who or why it was issued and when or where it was cancelled.

Good grief, another ignoramus.

One difference being the visa issued by a Thai Embassy allows at least one entry to the Country, as duly noted on the visa.

The so called 'visa' issued by a local Immigration office does not permit any entries and is merely a stamp noting your change of Immigration status from entry as a Tourist, to that of a Non Immigrant, the status of which is required to apply for annual extensions of stay.

It's clearly written in Immigration orders that you must have Non Immigrant status to apply for a 1-year extension of stay.
When you enter as a Tourist, Thai Immigration merely offer an in-house service and procedure to change that Immigration status, rather than having to exit the Country and apply for a Non Imm O from a Thai Embassy.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sarayoot said:

Hello,

Can I get now in Savannakhet a Non Immigrant O Mutiple Entry One Year based on Thai Children (not married) with show 400 K in Thai Bank Account ? 

Or only for Marriage ?

Thank you

In Savannakhet, a multi-entry visa isn't available based on having a Thai child, only a single-entry visa is.

If you do have 400k baht in a Thai bank account and legal custody of your child, you could get a single-entry visa from Savannakhet and then a one-year extension at your local immigration office.

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

In Savannakhet, a multi-entry visa isn't available based on having a Thai child, only a single-entry visa is.

If you do have 400k baht in a Thai bank account and legal custody of your child, you could get a single-entry visa from Savannakhet and then a one-year extension at your local immigration office.

you don't need any proof of funds in Savannakhet to get a 90 day Non-O based on having a half thai child, just birth certificate, mother's thai i/d, house book of the child and mother and your passport pages. 

NOR do you need legal custody to get that visa there either, just your name on the birth certificate is enough

17 hours ago, sarayoot said:

Hello,

Can I get now in Savannakhet a Non Immigrant O Mutiple Entry One Year based on Thai Children (not married) with show 400 K in Thai Bank Account ? 

Or only for Marriage ?

Thank you

they never issued year-long, multi-entry Non-O based on thai child at that consulate (even before covid) not with money in the bank not with parental rights, it was NOT a reason they offered that visa, all you can get is a 90 day single entry Non-O, come in get 90 days, take the one 60 day visit thai family extension at your immigration office, then go get a new 90 day Non-O from Savannakhet.. I know people who had done it like that (get a new Non-O 90 day every 5 months) from Savannakhet for years and years before covid  

Just now, Tod Daniels said:

you don't need any proof of funds in Savannakhet to get a 90 day Non-O based on having a half thai child, just birth certificate, mother's thai i/d, house book of the child and mother and your passport pages. 

Yes. The 400k baht is required for the 2nd part of the alternative plan I had outlined, the one year extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Avani66 said:

Hello. Please tell me, is a copy of the spouse’s passport required in Savannakhet or is a copy of the ID card sufficient for a visa based on marriage (NON-O SE)?  Thanks.

Passport copy not needed, ID copy is fine.

• Love It 1

Question,

will the Consulate in Savvankhet be oke with a (recent online) Bank Statement from a FOREIGN Bank that shows (at least the equivalent of) 400.000 THB to be able to apply for a Multiple Entry Non-O visa (based on Marriage to a Thai)?

TiA

Edited by MJCM

47 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Question,

will the Consulate in Savvankhet be oke with a (recent online) Bank Statement from a FOREIGN Bank that shows (at least the equivalent of) 400.000 THB to be able to apply for a Multiple Entry Non-O visa (based on Marriage to a Thai)?

TiA

Found the answer by @Tod Daniels

On 11/2/2023 at 11:24 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Okay boyz and squirrellz
Just got confirmation from two different visa run companies who lug foreigners to Savannakhet for visas, that IF you want a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai you DO need to show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only OR the equivalent in a foreign bank account. There is NO seasoning required on the funds, just has to show IN your account on the day you apply 

So yes it is accepted according to that

Edited by MJCM

17 hours ago, chakeeoyen said:

I have a work permit and bring in over 40k a month. Would a statement for the last year and my work permit suffice for a multi-O?

Why do you need a Non O if you have a WP?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I used to have a WP with Non O.

There are advantages. Your permission to stay is not tied to your job. Should you lose your job, want to quit or change jobs, it's a lot easier as you don't need to leave the country or visit immigration.

So you can hold both visa's at the same time......everyday's a school day.

14 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

It's not holding 2 visas concurrently - the WP is not a visa, it's issued by the Ministry of Labour and simply permits you to work legally. Prior to that either a Non-B or a Non-O (marriage) issued by Immigration/MFA is required enabling you to visit/stay in Thailand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

2 visas?

No. A work permit allows work. A Non Imm visa is required to obtain a visa. Most reasons for getting a O permit a WP. Retirement does not.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:03 AM, lopburi3 said:

Yes, unless a stay is extended for 60 days to visit wife.

I have a multi non o and tried to do this extension this week at CW but they only offered me 7 days, unless you mean it can only be done on the last entry of the visa before it's expiration? 

On 1/1/2024 at 12:25 AM, chakeeoyen said:

I have a work permit and bring in over 40k a month. Would a statement for the last year and my work permit suffice for a multi-O?

They don't accept proof of income, only money in the bank.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:38 PM, jacey said:

do they want to see the original bankbook or just a copy is fine?

and do they want to see the original marriage certificate or just a copy is fine?

It depends on what the io had for lunch. 

Tom yam, yes copy is fine. 
soggy som tam you’ll need all originals 

Can anyone explain why, when I go to my home country, getting a multiple non o based on marriage is easy as pie, and then if I am in asia, the degree of difficulty increases dramatically. I mean you probably can’t but I’d be curious if anyone was willing to take a shot at this. It’s the same people in charge. Why are they so lenient when you’re at home. It makes no sense whatsoever to me but I’m not Thai. 

12 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Can anyone explain why, when I go to my home country, getting a multiple non o based on marriage is easy as pie, and then if I am in asia, the degree of difficulty increases dramatically. I mean you probably can’t but I’d be curious if anyone was willing to take a shot at this. It’s the same people in charge. Why are they so lenient when you’re at home. It makes no sense whatsoever to me but I’m not Thai. 

More likely to be a real marriage than a marriage of convenience?

• Like 1

That doesn't exist. They can issue either a single-enry visa or a multi-entry visa.

It's worth noting that each 90-day entry with such a Non-O visa based on marriage can be extended by 60 days for "visiting" one's wife, so even a single-entry visa allows quite a long stay in Thailand. 

I can't find any information that the single entry non o visa can be extended by 60 days for thai child or marriage purposes.