Are you afraid of Death?

bob smith

4 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

pain and suffering  yes only an idiot would enjoy that  but Death , no Death is my friend ,, peace at last

of course no one enjoys pain and suffering.

but from vague recollection, buddhists are opposed to euthanasia. 

the pain and suffering does, in their minds at least, serve some purpose, but it escapes me. 

been too long since i read that stuff. 

I find this statistic very disturbing…something out of Brave New World…it used to be that Sweden was the leader in this kind of thing, but how did Canada come to this pass?

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 25 October 2023 at 15:40:23 GMT-7

View this email in your browser
Curated by the National Post's own Tristin Hopper, First Reading is a Canadian politics newsletter published Monday to Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time and noon on Saturdays. Sign up your friends here
Screenshot%202023-10-25%20165750.png
Canada just released its annual report into the state of MAID (medical assistance and dying). And as expected, assisted suicide deaths went up last year ... by a lot. In just one year, what the government refers to as "MAID provisions"  increased by 31.2 per cent. Assisted suicide is now Canada's fifth leading cause of death, and that's before the practice is dramatically liberalized next year to include everything from mental illness to drug addiction. 

• Like 1

Not existing is an uncomfortable contemplation and certainly not looking forward to it. Have much more planned to, do, see, experience and photograph. However can't say I'm afraid of death. Doesn't keep me up at night. Do my best to avoid it, usually, but it's coming for everyone. We're all on that death clock from the day we are born. Not afraid, but in no hurry. While much of the world seems to be going to 💩, my life here in Thailand certainly isn't. 

• Like 2

I am not afraid of death but would be very disappointed if it came too soon because I am really enjoying my life now. But then again, it would be hard to be disappointed if I am dead so in the end it does not matter. Perhaps my Thai wife might be disappointed, although with her inheritance she might be somewhat happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Fear of death" is the same as "will to live" or "survival instinct", everybody was born with this "biological imperative

to survive".  It is natural to fear death (survive) but now with reason I don't fear death, but I do fear "suffering at death"

so I have Final Exit on hand and rarely worry/think about death anymore.

IH

On 10/26/2023 at 12:53 PM, charleskerins said:

Cmon man   The Impressions

I worship 60's Soul, but Rod The Mod did it better.

My wife feinted into a bowl of Khao Soi Noodles. 3 times. Put her right off Khao Soi noodles.

She said, she was there, and then she was not.

As she went face down, she felt bad for me, and then she felt absolutely nothing. (She's had that looked at and is better now). 

• Like 1