Getting Rid of Stuff

Negita43

Getting rid of stuff must bear new discpline in not accumulating fresh junk,  more once space is made.

Best is to plainly Stop accumulating those must-haves before it all clutters up.

Does one really need to keep those cartons of various appliances once the warranty expires ? Have so much stationnery ? Continue to help ourselves with those lovely freebies in the hotel bathrooms ? 😝 Kepping all those magasines or gifts that are never used ? Not getting rid of clothes/shoes not worn since 2 or 3 years ? All that hardware in the garage with no clue on where to mount it ? etc etc.

The Marie Kondo renowned japanese method,  could make sense and give guidance towards an impeccable environment. Check-it out.

Edited by observer90210

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Out of interest do you use Lazada and shopee apps? How do you access this forum? Use truemoneywallet and other payment apps?

I don’t use the Lazada/Shopee Apps, screen too small and fiddly. Smartphones have their place’ but that doesn’t mean you need to use them for everything nor that you need to follow each new ‘trend’.  Nothing to do with age, Mr Trendy ☺️ Does that mean that people who still use TVs are out of touch?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You just have to look at posts on this forum, the elderly are sticking to their PCs and won't use apps or Facebook and the like, a minority of exceptions

Yeah I only use my phone for calls/messages/pics.

Everything else I use either laptop or PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, NextG said:

I don’t use the Lazada/Shopee Apps, screen too small and fiddly. Smartphones have their place’ but that doesn’t mean you need to use them for everything nor that you need to follow each new ‘trend’.  Nothing to do with age, Mr Trendy ☺️ Does that mean that people who still use TVs are out of touch?

TVs are dying out, people moved to smartphones and tablets, just see Thai girls, most never switch on a TV

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

TVs are dying out, people moved to smartphones and tablets, just see Thai girls, most never switch on a TV

I don’t know any Thai girls like that. The girls I know, use the phones whilst in bed or cast to TV when wanting a big screen or with friends. 
Possibly the girls you know, are transient, so don’t have a TV to which they can cast or from which to stream. 
I use Fire TV/Android box in conjunction with cloud storage/local storage and TV for big screen usage. Smartphone with same system for portability. 
People moved…. You are writing made up nonsense. 😊 You perhaps just mix with transients who don’t know or don’t have the option to use a big screen with the same versatility as a Smartphone. 
What can a Smartphone or Tablet do, other than portability, that I cannot do on a TV? Screens are too small and will make you cross eyed ☺️

Must be really comfortable curling up on the sofa with your girl, watching a movie on your Smartphone/Tablet 😊

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

I don’t know any Thai girls like that. The girls I know, use the phones whilst in bed or cast to TV when wanting a big screen or with friends. 
Possibly the girls you know, are transient, so don’t have a TV to which they can cast or from which to stream. 
I use Fire TV/Android box in conjunction with cloud storage/local storage and TV for big screen usage. Smartphone with same system for portability. 
People moved…. You are writing made up nonsense. 😊 You perhaps just mix with transients who don’t know or don’t have the option to use a big screen with the same versatility as a Smartphone. 
What can a Smartphone or Tablet do, other than portability, that I cannot do on a TV? Screens are too small and will make you cross eyed ☺️

Must be really comfortable curling up on the sofa with your girl, watching a movie on your Smartphone/Tablet 😊

Here's a better example of TV use decline, just look at Sony. Find other examples if you can

Could contain:

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A tablet in front of your face is very similar to a large TV on the wall across the room. I like using a TV but using the same apps on a phone or tablet is far easier

TV was invented when family used to all gather in the living room together and watch the same thing together. 

Now, everyone can have their own tablet and stream different things on their respective tablets. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Here's a better example of TV use decline, just look at Sony. Find other examples if you can

Could contain:

You do post some nonsense. 

Many people would use a laptop or PC for viewing instead of a TV, that would hit TV sales too. So instead of two to three TVs in an ‘average’ home, there might be a big TV in the living room, with PCs, tablets and smartphones spread liberally. Kids can watch stuff whilst reclining. But try doing that with friends around. You need a bigger screen. So there might be less TV’s overall, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t AT LEAST one TV per household. 
I, alone, have one of everything. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 3:32 AM, dingdongrb said:

t appears that someone with so much IT experience doesn't think that AseanNow isn't acquiring his data and selling it is apparently being a little naïve.

Yes of course they are but.

I. choose who can steal my data 

2. What data have I given them. I never use a real name or DOB and always use a VPN

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It isn't it's very useful, are you elderly? The elderly are very resistant to tech

Not correct, 

Some us elderly are particular what apps we use.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You just have to look at posts on this forum, the elderly are sticking to their PCs and won't use apps or Facebook and the like, a minority of exceptions

FB disabled my FB account for the second time this morning.

It takes around 30 minutes to create a FB account, 30 days if you close it your self, yet the robot or AI at FB can disable your account instantly. There is no appeal against the robot or AI at FB.

My first FB account was hijacked and it is still in operation over a year later. I cannot close it as the bar steward who hijacked it, changed the password, and despite numerous appeals to FB it is still in operation.

FB simply don't care.

With my second FB account I have only 6 friends that I personally know, yet FB has bombarded me with people who want to be my friends, well over1 thousand, yet I cannot switch that app OFF or disable it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

A tablet in front of your face is very similar to a large TV on the wall across the room. I like using a TV but using the same apps on a phone or tablet is far easier

Easier? You sound ‘old’ ☺️
Perhaps those people who you were suggesting that were out of touch (due to your familiarity with Thai girls who view media on their smartphones), still have the ability to navigate systems that may require an extra click or an extra button for them to get their desired effect. Better for them to understand what they are doing than the continual ‘dumbing down’ of everything to it being ‘easier’, but resulting in them losing control of what is going on underneath. 
Your ‘not so veiled’ insult towards them has backfired. ‘Nonsense’ is exactly what I meant. Would you have preferred ‘absolute rubbish’ instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not correct, 

Some us elderly are particular what apps we use.

FB disabled my FB account for the second time this morning.

It takes around 30 minutes to create a FB account, 30 days if you close it your self, yet the robot or AI at FB can disable your account instantly. There is no appeal against the robot or AI at FB.

My first FB account was hijacked and it is still in operation over a year later. I cannot close it as the bar steward who hijacked it, changed the password, and despite numerous appeals to FB it is still in operation.

FB simply don't care.

With my second FB account I have only 6 friends that I personally know, yet FB has bombarded me with people who want to be my friends, well over1 thousand, yet I cannot switch that app OFF or disable it

Seems like a struggle for you. The friend thing is annoying, eventually they stop recommending people or at least reduce it

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Seems like a struggle for you. The friend thing is annoying, eventually they stop recommending people or at least reduce it

Really? I have hundreds of Vietnamese ‘friends’ on a Facebook page I created. Certainly didn’t open it in Vietnam, nor did I add any friends at all. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 3:03 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Sad that someone of 'your age' doesn't know that Facebook is actually best accessed on a PC or laptop. Also trying to use Lazada, Shopee et al on a mobile phone is simply a  disaster. Grow up.

Edited by Speedhump
Speeling and grammer
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/25/2023 at 6:49 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Facebook marketplace is best, bahtsold is rubbish now

I hate Facebook market place. First question asked is "discount". I had a few things recently listed at a very big discount but people want it for free and deliver. I just removed the items.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NextG said:

Really? I have hundreds of Vietnamese ‘friends’ on a Facebook page I created. Certainly didn’t open it in Vietnam, nor did I add any friends at all. 

I'm not interested in the fake "friend" part of Facebook, I unfollow everyone so I don't see their food photos etc. Real friends that's a different matter

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I hate Facebook market place. First question asked is "discount". I had a few things recently listed at a very big discount but people want it for free and deliver. I just removed the items.

Yes plus lots of tyre kickers but I sold my Click easy, 30 people wanted it

• Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Yes plus lots of tyre kickers but I sold my Click easy, 30 people wanted it

It's amazing the number of people who message and ask if item still available. I reply yes but never hear from them again. I have a few more expensive items like mini lathe, metal detector with gear and petrol driven leaf blower vac so not going to give them away. Actually have a farang friend with Thai wife has offered to try sell for me. Commission of course. Save me the stress of dealing with discount tyre kickers.

27 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Sad that someone of 'your age' doesn't know that Facebook is actually best accessed on a PC or laptop. Also trying to use Lazada, Shopee et al on a mobile phone is simply a  disaster. Grow up.

I have these apps on my smartphone but I never use them; I find the pictures too small and my big fingers and thumps are a disaster trying to ytpe on my smartphone keyboard. yes I know I can increase the size of the photos. 

But all solved my quickly using my notebook computer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, Jingthing said:

I just leave stuff in the trash area of my condo and I make a sport of seeing how quickly things get snatched up. One time a maid was there and I handed it directly to her with a thank you.

Many years ago my Japanese golfing fanatic neighbour left a brand new golf bag in our recycling room, which I happily picked up.  I passed him in the hallway as I brought the bag up to my unit, and he was pleased that I had taken it. 

Fast forward a few years and it was me taking that bag (full of clubs) down to the recycling room. I was in the elevator with a neighbour and asked him if he played golf.  He happily took them off my hands. 

So ended the golf career of "The White Tiger"  whose wicked slice was the terror of the city's pitch n putts and executive courses. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 7:07 PM, Jingthing said:

i'm easily amused.

One time I dumpster dived an item from there for myself.

A huge fake houseplant.

Gotta act quickly. Don't dawdle! 

I have wondered why they threw it out.

Does it have cooties?

Forty years ago, I pulled a 2 foot, scrawny sapling out of a garden center dumpster.  It still had an intact rootball and the attached tag said "Flowering Dogwood"   My house at the time had a tiny back yard.  I planted it is the sunniest spot I could find.  It survived the first winter and started growing bit by bit, putting out beautiful blossoms after a few years.  I sold that house 25 years ago but I recently looked it up on Google satellite view. The satellite photo must have been taken in May because there it was, still standing and in full bloom forty years later.  Not bad for a dumpster rescue. 

• Like 2