Horrific Traffic Accident in Chonburi Results in One Fatality

webfact

IMG_9276.jpg

At 7:30 pm on October 25th, 2023, Officer Nathabordin Thong-in of Nong Prue police station was informed of a collision involving two motorcycles in the Bang Lamung district, Chonburi, near the entrance of Soi Pong Klang 2.

Upon arrival, a large crowd had gathered, and officials quickly secured the scene, reported 77kaoded..

IMG_9281.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The first injured party, Mr. Udom Sariyangnok, 57, was found with his damaged blue Honda Wave 110, bearing the license plate JOR 417 Chonburi. The second individual, Miss Sunisa Chaloei, 32, was fatally injured.

Her yellow Honda Scoopy-i motorcycle, with license plate 2 GOT 5936 Chonburi, was found with significant side damage.

image.jpeg

Picture: 77kaoded

Eyewitnesses reported that the Honda Wave was heading straight while the Scoopy-i was turning into the alley when the collision occurred. Initial investigations have gathered evidence, including CCTV footage. The injured victim is receiving medical care, and a further investigation will ensue to determine the exact cause of the accident.

WARNING! The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

TOP Picture: 77kaoded

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-10-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

This accident happened way out in the boondocks well passed lake Mabprachan so hardly " non-policing in Pattaya".

Pong Klang 2 ain't in the boondocks. It's a very busy road between Mabprachan Lake and the highway. 

It's a very dangerous road because of people making all these right turns across two lanes of traffic.

They just resurfaced the road. Of course, anyone with half a brain would have ensured there was a dividing median, so accidents like this wouldn't happen, but then brains are in short supply here.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pong Klang 2 ain't in the boondocks. It's a very busy road between Mabprachan Lake and the highway. 

It's a very dangerous road because of people making all these right turns across two lanes of traffic.

They just resurfaced the road. Of course, anyone with half a brain would have ensured there was a dividing median, so accidents like this wouldn't happen, but then brains are in short supply here.

Its a fair distance from Pattaya... end off.

So nothing to do with "non-policing in Pattaya".

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

This accident happened way out in the boondocks well passed lake Mabprachan so hardly " non-policing in Pattaya".

Yes, reputation saved. It's 900 m from Pattaya city border :wink:

Could contain:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's still not in the 'boondocks' though, and it is a very busy road 24 hours a day. 

You really are a tedious and argumentative little chap aren't you?

Don't care to be honest.. my point was it is nothing to do with "non policing in Pattaya"... which Iam 100% correct.

Anywho, enjoy ya busy little soi out there in the Boondocks !

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I just watched this again at 0.25 speed he comes from behind the SUV in the right lane and cuts into the left lane, in actual fact in the middle of both lanes he should have done that a lot earlier, IF she could see him she imo would have thought he was going right. having said that she does not look in his direction at all. It also looks like he has no headlight working.

Then the SUV just drives on turning right.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

She lost her life because of her own carelessness and stupidity. RIP.

Not sure what you saw but she wasnt at fault as she had right of way traveling straight and the person turning didnt

18 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not sure what you saw but she wasnt at fault as she had right of way traveling straight and the person turning didnt

The lady was turning right. The guy will probably get away with it, but I reckon it was just as much, if not more, his fault. He was probably speeding, he had no front headlight and he obviously wasn't driving with due care and attention as he noticed the SUV turning right at the last minute when he then changed lanes. Some of you have been quick to call the woman an idiot, but the poor thing didn't see the oncoming mc coming.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

The lady was turning right. The guy will probably get away with it, but I reckon it was just as much, if not more, his fault. He was probably speeding, he had no front headlight and he obviously wasn't driving with due care and attention as he noticed the SUV turning right at the last minute when he then changed lanes. Some of you have been quick to call the woman an idiot, but the poor thing didn't see the oncoming mc coming.

My bad I read it the other way around

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Three perfect examples of Thainess in just a few seconds. Speeding motorcyclist, idiot motorcyclist crossing the road without bothering to see if it's clear, and the car driver not bothering to see if he/she could help but instead just driving away. 

Didn't see if the car driver didn't stop, the video stopped short of the car completing the turn, or am I mistaken?

• Like 1

Two words. Defensive driving.

If either of the people involved had been riding with any appreciation of what might go wrong then the crash would not have happened.

I showed the video to my son and some of his friends. Then I spent some time discussing vehicle positioning and sightlines. I just hope some of it went in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1