Foreign Gang Overstays Visa, Assaults Officers in Phuket Villa Raid

webfact

29 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

In the photo they look like Russians too ...

This photo might not match the reality, who says the "journalists" have not taken a random picture, probably related to the place, but certainly not to the event?

The Thaiger being the Bild Zeitung of the Thailand expats, this would be no wonder to me!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What about a teacher agency that pays tea money to cops under the table and then refuses to cancel a work permit and then the foreigner passes all police checks starts work again and then leaves the country to get a non b visa and then enters Thailand again is cleared at two aiports by all checks and then a few months later gets another cop that says the first cop was wrong and demands 11,000 baht overstay fine?  Who gets the swat team?

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Four armed police officers faced with the drastic threat of 1 man armed with a baseball bat were forced to withdraw and call "Thai SWAT"

My guess is they were armed with empty brown envelopes they expected to fill.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How are they "making retirement extensions more difficult" than any time over the recent years?

I think you will find that a Deputy Chief of Police said they were "too easy" and should be tightened up.

Lou, the self styled authority on everything who gets everything wrong.

So what has been "tightened up" that is "making retirement extensions more difficult", specifically since he said that (as you brought him into it)?  And, what falls into the category of "always getting everything wrong" in relation to my posts...specifically?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm sure the Thai police aren't afraid to use sticks (just like the Indian police) on criminals, especially when the criminals attack the police.

Indian Police Officers Violently Beating Motorists To Enforce Coronavirus  Lockdown | Carscoops

Want to witness Equatorial Guinean police dispensing some summary justice on a thief at a local market! I can still hear the thuds of their batons 15 years later!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Four armed police officers faced with the drastic threat of 1 man armed with a baseball bat were forced to withdraw and call "Thai SWAT"

Yes,.. well,...shooting a tourist would be very bad PR !!! They did the smart thing ! call for back up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1