Biden approval rating among Democrats drops to lowest of presidency: Gallup

Social Media

Wage increases to compensate for inflation are always negotiated after inflation has occurred.  There's always a lag.

22 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

What an absolutely idiotic concept to embrace... 

It's a very simple, logical concept.  I'm not surprised it's beyond your grasp.

How can wage increases to accommodate inflation be negotiated before inflation has been measured?  Try to answer that question then reconsider my post:  "Wage increases to compensate for inflation are always negotiated after inflation has occurred.  There's always a lag."

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Wage increases to compensate for inflation are always negotiated after inflation has occurred.  There's always a lag.

It's a very simple, logical concept.  I'm not surprised it's beyond your grasp.

How can wage increases to accommodate inflation be negotiated before inflation has been measured?  Try to answer that question then reconsider my post:  "Wage increases to compensate for inflation are always negotiated after inflation has occurred.  There's always a lag."

The lag is you accepting that inflation is an economic ok thing to have... tax and spend caused it... one more time for you... if the price for a loaf of bread is $1 and then inflates to $2 and then goes to $1.50... that is not a savings... it is still a loss.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for sharing with us the proof that your grasp of inflation in imperfect, to say the least. First off, taxation is a way to fight inflation. As for blaming spending in the current situation...how do you explain that fact that inflation is pretty much worldwide with the one exception of China which is having its own serious woes? How do you account for the fact that the USA is actually doing better both in its fight against inflation and economically than other major developed nations and most of the others, too?

No wonder the USA is trillions of dollars in debt... hahaha

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

No wonder the USA is trillions of dollars in debt... hahaha

This is the second of your Pavlovian responses. Your comment here has nothing at all to do with your "tax and spend" claim about inflation. Rather, it's just an empty talking point reflexively offered by you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:28 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

The lag is you accepting that inflation is an economic ok thing to have... tax and spend caused it... one more time for you... if the price for a loaf of bread is $1 and then inflates to $2 and then goes to $1.50... that is not a savings... it is still a loss.

Yep, Trump really blew up the deficit with his tax cut for billionaires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If true that's good for US workers, at least till AI robotics makes them unemployed, but wasn't it Trump that pushed for jobs to return to the US? That would make Biden following Trump's policy.

Every president has pushed for jobs to stay in the USA I think the job growth has a lot to do with sound fiscal policies seeding the domestic manufacturing of computer chips infrastructure renewables and environmental technologies,China over built imo but then again I’m just a simple lay person 

• Like 1

Just now, Tug said:

Every president has pushed for jobs to stay in the USA I think the job growth has a lot to do with sound fiscal policies seeding the domestic manufacturing of computer chips infrastructure renewables and environmental technologies,China over built imo but then again I’m just a simple lay person 

The Infrastructure  and Jobs Act is playing a big part in job creation in the US.

Trump often talked about doing infrastructure, but never got around to doing anything. But his accolytes confuse talking about a problem with actually doing something.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2023 at 6:28 PM, Skipalongcassidy said:

You have descended into incoherence.  I offered a simple explanation as to why wage increases to reflect inflation must happen after inflation occurs and is measured, and you offer this nonsense in reply.

• Agree 1

On 11/16/2023 at 2:28 PM, Danderman123 said:

The Infrastructure  and Jobs Act is playing a big part in job creation in the US.

Trump often talked about doing infrastructure, but never got around to doing anything. But his accolytes confuse talking about a problem with actually doing something.

Is the wall that he actually had built chopped liver? Sure looks like infrastructure to me.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Biden, reread the final part of LBJ's 31 March, 1968 speech; and repeat it on national TV.

Your pandering to the far right US Jewish lobby is a disgrace, and out of touch with what many expat Jews and Israelis feel about Netanyahu and his actions.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is the wall that he actually had built chopped liver? Sure looks like infrastructure to me.

infrastructure

noun

in·fra·struc·ture ˈin-frə-ˌstrək-chər 
-(ˌ)frä-

: the system of public works of a country, state, or region
also : the resources (such as personnel, buildings, or equipment) required for an activity

: the underlying foundation or basic framework (as of a system or organization)

: the permanent installations required for military purposes

Doesn't look like infrastructure to me.

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem to have lost touch with reality.

Trump promised a wall along the entire border which Mexico would pay for.

Please describe how much was built, and who paid for it.

But wait, there's more:

"Infrastructure" doesn't mean "the wall", Trump was referring to a massive roads and bridges project. How did that go?

You disregard the massive campaign to prevent Trump building the wall, till so late that Biden was able to cancel it and leave gaps that the illegals are using to cause a problem for the US.

A large steel structure that isn't going anywhere is definitely infrastructure.

• Confused 2

Pollwoes_Biden-CBS.jpg.ea395ee5cd4c72dae135a4ed5eb6f314.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-vs-biden-poll-2024-presidential-election-year-out/

IF...a big FAT if, Biden makes it to Nov 24 as nominee, he's got ZERO to run on except bashing Trump whom American voters are showing more approval on all metrics except maybe abortion. My bet is he's officially albeit suspiciously dropped from the ticket after the Aug DNC.

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

Pollwoes_Biden-CBS.jpg.ea395ee5cd4c72dae135a4ed5eb6f314.jpg

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-vs-biden-poll-2024-presidential-election-year-out/

IF...a big FAT if, Biden makes it to Nov 24 as nominee, he's got ZERO to run on except bashing Trump whom American voters are showing more approval on all metrics except maybe abortion. My bet is he's officially albeit suspiciously dropped from the ticket after the Aug DNC.

0 to run on hummm…….oh boy well here’s a few for ya! How’s about de fanging big bad Putin and his prisoner army for less than 6% of our defense budget without spilling American blood + doing the morally correct thing?or how’s about infrastructure?or lowering drug prices?or standing tall with labor?how’s about supporting our allies?how’s about revitalizing nato?that’s just for starters there’s much much more.its way to early in the race to give much credence to the polls.your Cunard of zero to run on is laughable.and what’s trump got to run on except grievance and being the biggest silver spoon crybaby in history?his tax cuts for the rich?or his attempt at a coup?or his absolute total disregard of our national security?I could go on and on but it’s like trying to convince a bag of hammers it’s impossible 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

0 to run on hummm…….oh boy well here’s a few for ya! How’s about de fanging big bad Putin and his prisoner army for less than 6% of our defense budget without spilling American blood + doing the morally correct thing?or how’s about infrastructure?or lowering drug prices?or standing tall with labor?how’s about supporting our allies?how’s about revitalizing nato?that’s just for starters there’s much much more.its way to early in the race to give much credence to the polls.your Cunard of zero to run on is laughable.and what’s trump got to run on except grievance and being the biggest silver spoon crybaby in history?his tax cuts for the rich?or his attempt at a coup?or his absolute total disregard of our national security?I could go on and on but it’s like trying to convince a bag of hammers it’s impossible 

None of which concerns the voters ahead of the 2024 election. Do better.

PoliticoPolls.thumb.jpg.20603c217ae40d247962f8b2ec78adf7.jpgQuestion: are you better off now compared  to 3, 4 years prior? Voters know, they feel Trump helped them more while Biden hurt them more. Seems Biden, despite his accomplishments according to you don't resonate where it matters most, with the voters.

TrumpAppealvsBiden.thumb.jpg.75cb030745c2f0521f06eab7b5c3a3ef.jpg

Links October 2023 Times/Siena Poll

Biden’s poll numbers have gotten worse

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are correct.

The best way to fight inflation is to increase taxes, particularly on the wealthy. Increased taxes reduce the deficit.

Your man Trump decreased taxes on the wealthy, which blew up the deficit.

Trump hasn't been in government for 3 years, so if he was the problem, why has it not been fixed? Perhaps because Biden talks to dead people instead of fixing the economy.

• Confused 2

On 11/16/2023 at 8:14 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If true that's good for US workers, at least till AI robotics makes them unemployed, but wasn't it Trump that pushed for jobs to return to the US? That would make Biden following Trump's policy.

Trump gets credit for "pushing", but not delivering?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

None of which concerns the voters ahead of the 2024 election. Do better.

PoliticoPolls.thumb.jpg.20603c217ae40d247962f8b2ec78adf7.jpgQuestion: are you better off now compared  to 3, 4 years prior? Voters know, they feel Trump helped them more while Biden hurt them more. Seems Biden, despite his accomplishments according to you don't resonate where it matters most, with the voters.

TrumpAppealvsBiden.thumb.jpg.75cb030745c2f0521f06eab7b5c3a3ef.jpg

Links October 2023 Times/Siena Poll

Biden’s poll numbers have gotten worse

Will you post the polls when Biden inevitably improves?

• Agree 1