Couple Injured, Three Kids Flee in Terror From Brazen Daylight Shooting and Kidnapping Attempt in East Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Banglamung – A couple were injured from gunshot wounds while three kids fled in terror after an unknown male suspect opened fire at them in what Nongprue police are calling a debt-related incident over the weekend.

As of today, November 6th, 2023, the suspect is still at large.

Lieutenant Colonel Jeerasak Abfang of the Nongprue Police was notified of the incident at 5:00 P.M. on Friday (November 3rd) at a house in an eastern housing estate in Nongprue, Banglamung. Police, emergency responders, and the Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find blood stains in front of the house.

Six bullet cartridges were found on the ground nearby.

Ms. Kunyapat Piromjira, 39, who had sustained injuries from a bullet wound to her arm and had head injuries from trying to escape was found at a nearby house. She was bleeding heavily but cognizant and conscious.

The other injured victim, Mr. Roongthiwa Klaiklueng, 39, who had sustained injuries from three bullet wounds to his belly and legs was found one kilometer from the scene at a nearby housing estate.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, harleyclarkey said:

Whay on earth?

Seems to be a not unusual occurrence in Thailand. Is it that easy to get a weapon?.

Three bullets to the belly? Real bad. That's his intestines knackered for life. 

What a thug and utter scum to open fire at a whole family. 

Yes it is easy to get a firearm in Thailand, and for virtually no cost.

Not 3-shots to the belly, the post states belly and legs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Seems to be a not unusual occurrence in Thailand. Is it that easy to get a weapon?.

Yes very easy apparently, home made, and imported from the USA, Thailand's gun laws are pathetic, and the nearly daily shootings just carry on, unabated. Police and Army also have been known to steal and sell them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Whay on earth?

I've read several times that Thailand has, based on population, twice the number of gun deaths than the USA. The difference, and the reason it isn't highlighted, is that in the USA there are many mass shootings - an average of two a day was reported recently - whereas most of those killed in Thailand are domestic disputes - despite guide books spouting how close Thai families are. Within a short distance of my house we've had a brother killing his sister and a wife killing her husband.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Whay on earth?

Knackered depends on the caliber of the bullet, where exactly the bullet went, and the success of surgery. Surgery has advanced quite a bit in today's world. High powered rifle, very bad. Pistol, more like a puncture wound. None of which is good of course. 

1 minute ago, Irish star said:

Yank bashing  alert , Again 

Telling the truth about American violence alert, again. I'm American. Seen shootings in my old neighborhood, 6 murders over the years. One shooting two houses from mine last year. All in the same block. yes, why DO I live in Thailand now? Ah yes. Violence is maybe 1% of what it is in the US. 

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thailand's gun laws are pathetic

You, like most of the anti-firearm brigade, have never registered a legal hand-gun in Thailand.
It is a long, cumbersome, exercise in bureaucratic paper-shuffling.  As well, hand-guns cost 5 times what they cost in the US. The average Thai doesn't have an extra 90K to 120K of disposable income to buy a legally purchased firearm. Thailand's gun laws are strict, and if you get caught with an unregistered firearm it's hefty fines and possible prison time.

Now - the availability of black market firearms?  That's a different animal as I'm well aware that they are available and affordable.  But saying the gun laws are pathetic.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  Get caught with a black market firearm and you are in a world of hurt.  Get caught wielding your registered firearm in public and you are in a world of hurt.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Telling the truth about American violence alert, again. I'm American. Seen shootings in my old neighborhood, 6 murders over the years. One shooting two houses from mine last year. All in the same block. yes, why DO I live in Thailand now? Ah yes. Violence is maybe 1% of what it is in the US. 

It sucks to live in an American inner-city, specially in a Blue State.  Yeah, they are war zones.  And Soros funded liberal prosecutors keep it that way - Chaos.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, connda said:

You, like most of the anti-firearm brigade, have never registered a legal hand-gun in Thailand.
It is a long, cumbersome, exercise in bureaucratic paper-shuffling.

Well of course I haven't, foreigners are not allowed to register or own any firearm in Thailand, so unless you are a Thai citizen neither have you. Why on earth would I want a firearm here or anywhere else, or support the US arms trade, the RNA controls the US government, What a pathetic country it is.

Why would YOU want to own a gun in Thailand????????? says a lot about what you might be involved in. where they don't even have to be locked away. Plenty of Thais have money to buy guns as we have seen in the news many times here.

18 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well of course I haven't, foreigners are not allowed to register or own any firearm in Thailand, so unless you are a Thai citizen neither have you. Why on earth would I want a firearm here or anywhere else, or support the US arms trade, the RNA controls the US government, What a pathetic country it is.

Why would YOU want to own a gun in Thailand????????? says a lot about what you might be involved in. where they don't even have to be locked away. Plenty of Thais have money to buy guns as we have seen in the news many times here.

There are plenty of stories of home invasion targeting rich farang with Thai wives.  With self-defense weapons?  You either understand or you don't.  Nothing I say will change your mind.  Nothing you say will change mine.

• Sad 1

"Witnesses said they heard that the couple were being asked for many millions of baht in an unspecified debt."

Borrowing "many millions of baht" and not paying back the loan sharks is asking for trouble (in any country).

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Of course he needs his gun. It's his 2nd amendment right to protect himself from threats both domestic and foreign. Wothout he would feel insecure and vulnerable.

Biggest threat to us in Thailand ATM is this new stupid tax law. Who knows, maybe he can do something about it with his 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Oh yeah we're in Thailand. Daft American laws don't apply here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Yes, they probably owed 5 baht.

Wife of the suspect says the woman who was shot, scammed her and her husband( the shooter) out of nearly 500k. Promised to pay it back by made only one or two payments. Husband went to get his money. 

• Thanks 1