Foreign hero’s good deed ends in Pattaya Beach brawl: Man injured trying to stop transwomen tiff

webfact

10 minutes ago, wombat said:

what a load of excrement...
Chrissy is one of the nicest ladyboys you could meet.
for the record there are no trans in Thailand they are called ladyboys...dont infect Thailand with yo filthy farang western words

Could contain:

So you like boys that dress up as girls (Ladyboys) - that is OK - up to you mate  😘

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

And they wonder why the Thai Police are tryiong to crack down on the Thai Trans people - the ones that 'work' in the 'entertainment' industry are criminally violent mentally deranged people.  Never ever get involved in anything they do to themselves.  If they are attacking an Expat women, and if you are young and strong and only if you can fight, then by all means maybe get in there - but not if you are one of us old blokes - those Trans are men and most of them can all fight (Mua Thai style).

Well said     those Trans are men    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  All trans are men!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

Why would a foreigner intervene? Was he fooled to believe the transgender was a beautiful lady?

Maybe chivalry isn't dead, after all.

Cue more round-up on beach road, by BIB.

This is just foreplay to Dec 15 4am closing time.

Can confirm that many transgenders are back in Pattaya, and has become more aggressive in their hunt for customers. 

Soi Buakhao are no better after 10pm.

Don’t go near a cat fight. I learnt that at 9 yrs old.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had been here some years before I witnessed a Thai guy dragging a Thai girl out of his vehicle and start hitting her. Before retiring to Thailand I had read books on Thai History, Politics, Society … I kept driving. This is not a culture built on the Western concept of Chivalry … here Loss of Face takes precedent.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, Kinok Farang said:

Whereabouts in America did she come from?

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

Why does all this stuff happen at 2 am? The allegedly drunk Russian and his scooter crash, this one also. 

There’s a saying in Pattaya. Nothing good happen after midnight. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shop mak said:

How is what's happening on beach road - an open area not governed by legal closing times - related to bars closing at 2am or 4am? Completely irrelevant. The real problem here isn't alcohol or closing times - the problem is violent criminals that wear dresses that chose beach road as their place of "business". The solution isn't to limit alcohol (they don't drink in bars anyway) - the solution is to get them off the street and/or in jail. Obviously the recent so-called "crackdown" by police did nothing to resolve the problem - go tougher.

3 minutes ago, morg said:

Walk away don,t be stupid

For the record, there was a "Lonely Planet" warning back in the 1980's about intervening in incidental fights or arguments while travelling. Though not in this case, the scam was to set the tourist up for fleecing via directly robbing him or accusing him of bodily injury by  members of the fight or fracas. A couple of guys tried it on me in Paris  at about 3 in the morning in 1984 . I just kept walking and laughed like crazy at the guy screaming for help from the other guy who was pretending to beat the crap out of him. It was as if they read the book line by line.

If it's really something serious calling the police after I clear the area might be an option.  There's been a rash of good Samaritans getting shot in the head lately.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shop mak said:

Why would a foreigner intervene? Was he fooled to believe the transgender was a beautiful lady?

Maybe chivalry isn't dead, after all.

Cue more round-up on beach road, by BIB.

Can confirm that many transgenders are back in Pattaya, and has become more aggressive in their hunt for customers. 

Soi Buakhao are no better after 10pm.

They are still on Soi Buakhao at 9am morning time 😆

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, J Branche said:

Do Not Intervene in Thailand.  Take small video.  Call Police,  stand back enough to not be seen as being involved or object to release anger on.  This is Thailand, learn, observe and how Thai's act, they are actually a little predictable.

throw a bucket of cold water 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Nothing good ever happens after midnight.

On Pattaya Beach Road the deadline is 10pm.

And they want to open the bars till 04am.

Colorful carnage awaits. For only minimal revenue increase.

At 1am stay in room.