Anutin Spearheads National Anti-Mafia Crackdown

webfact

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I do like his dressing up wardrobe.

When he was the health minister, he had a number of different, white 'doctor's' outfits.

Now that he is a minister in a civilian government, he wears military uniforms.

He either likes dressing up or the uniforms help him to feel important.

More than likely its the uniform helps him feel important. Empty vessels make the most noise.:stoner:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

In all honesty and reality, the Minister of the Interior remains the most powerful civilian position, much more powerful than the current PM.

Anutin basically controls the entire civilian management of the country, save Bangkok (and the RTP).

This makes sense. Have teh guy who legalized Marijuana and ran the covid system in charge of the country.

Who said the military was not running the country.

Edited by kingstonkid

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I do like his dressing up wardrobe.

When he was the health minister, he had a number of different, white 'doctor's' outfits.

Now that he is a minister in a civilian government, he wears military uniforms.

He either likes dressing up or the uniforms help him to feel important.

All Thais in government or government employees seem to have uniforms with lots of scrambled egg on peaked caps, epaulettes and bars on chests showing awards for this and that. They do look magnificent! Even the new PM who I understood is a businessman not a general. These alternate with business suits depending on the nature of the event and photo op. Are they genuinely military? Methinks not so. Just a love of uniforms for formal occasions even for civilians  eg state employed teachers, doctors, I think even PEA employees. Up to you, I say, but now the generals have gone from government at least from public view I can't help but think this is slightly ridiculous and gives the impression of a society not truly free.... or is it just me?

On 11/7/2023 at 5:04 AM, webfact said:

Anutin expressed gratitude towards all provincial governors for implementing special operations in line with the policy of social order and suppression of influential figures.

So let me get this straight -- they're cracking down on themselves?

Who's going to be left to run the government after they're all suppressed???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, off road pat said:

It's a Government employee uniform, in this case Ministry of interior !!! no Military uniform !!

Yes it's standard uniform for government workers, but with differing decorations. My wife has one as well as the white dress uniform. The normal ones are worn on Mondays, I think nationally. Next Monday look around and you should see a lot of them, particularly after working hours.

The government is fairly militaristic in it's look and setup. If you look at the boards in a lot of government offices showing the hierarchy, the uniforms get more flamboyant the further up you go, until they almost look like the military head of a dictatorship.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1