Chinese tourists are returning - but not to Thailand

webfact

I don't really care of they are back in LOS or not, though their presence is good for the economy.

As I live in the deep south among Muslims, the only foreigners that dare to visit here are Arabs, Malaysians and Indonesians, plus the occasional African English teacher.

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Who cares, so long as its not here. Cambodia I presume, as they virtually own the country and can gamble to their hearts content   

They’ve pretty much got Laos in their pocket too. Just so long as they don’t come here en masse again, couldn’t give a monkey’s where they go. Odd though, tat would have you believe everything it’s booming one minute, then it’s dead the next. Next week there will be record number of arrivals and that weird bar will be packed. 🫤

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Odd though, tat would have you believe everything it’s booming one minute, then it’s dead the next. Next week there will be record number of arrivals

Here in Phuket, it is up and down.  One day the streets are empty and no one is in the shopping centers, the next day it is packed.   Weird.  I think "high season" will not be so high—just a gut feeling. I haven't seen too many tourists yet, Russian or Chinese.   A lot of Russians that are living here, but most of them are okay and pleasant enough, at least the families.   A lady who lives there who was in front of me at the grocery check-out counter actually smiled and said thank you to the clerk.  That was a first.  I just don't get the Russian tourists that are grumpy and scowl when they are on vacation.  That was last year's "high season"  I'm curious what will happen this year's "high season"  

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

oh and btw... read what the other posters wrote... kinda is the same thing i said... so why dont you insult them too? blissful ignorant dude... 

I confess that I misread what was in the link. My apologies. Still, it's always better to read an accompanying article, instead of asking a question and admitting that you are asking as you 'don't feel like clicking for the full article'. You want others to do the reading for you and give you the answer to your question. Dude.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

So  where are they going? Sorry AN... i dont feel like clicking for the full article. seems to me this little bit of info could easily have been added

Quality journalism

You missed nothing I wasted 5 minutes reading it.

The complaint is that the lower-class Thai tourist is not coming here.

That I think, has nothing to do with Kidney harvesting or people in high-end malls getting shot.

It is more to do with the fact that China is having a lot of financial issues and people do not have the money to spend on a box tour.

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You wasted more time than myself, as came to the same conclusion just speed reading the OP.  Another one of those ..... oops, almost said it and got put on vacation again .... :laugh:

Not the C word 😱 All the sixes ********** ***** BINGO !

Who the hell cares, unless you own a coach or an hotel? They are rude, block the sidewalks and generally don't seem to do much for the economy. Let them find somewhere else....and let's face it, Thailand is mad expensive now, even though we don't notice it, but add together shrinkflation and inflation and your grocery bill goes through the roof. Electric although its's has gone down is much more expensive than America or the EU, cars are a rip off....cheap labour and outrageously expensive cars. I just bought a Japanese made model.....it costs about a third to half the price there in Tokyo than it does here in cheap Thailand. I really want to move and get away from this poop-hole third world country, but I'm too old for another major move.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jacky0001 said:

China's economy is in rapid decline and many Chinese are working longer hours because unemployment is above 40 percent. So most travel plans were cancelled.

What CIA.gov propaganda site did you get that number from?

40% unemployment?

Try 5%.......

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/unemployment-rate

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109881/surveyed-monthly-unemployment-rate-in-china/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacky0001 said:

China's economy is in rapid decline and many Chinese are working longer hours because unemployment is above 40 percent. So most travel plans were cancelled.

Bit heavy for this forum mate, we don't want too many actual facts get in the way of a good story that we can take the pxxx out of. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

We all pay in the end mate, regardless of the status or length of a relationship. I'm not at ail bitter, just realistic   

Not really, as  my net worth is more, since I met my wife.  YMMV

1 hour ago, ThailandGuy said:

It is Thai English.... it never makes any sense  555555

It's written by an Englishman, and regarding 'returning', they could be returning to any of the countries they frequented before: Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In the middle of the restaurant is a swimming pool. The evening reaches its highlight when the waiters, all fit young men, strip down to their shorts and wade into the pool, offering to carry the diners for a photo op and a tip.

Typical 

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

Thailand is only still good for a retired sexpat and odd Indian, that's all

As an odd Indian sexpat, I resent that..  :))

I think the economy in China is in pretty bad shape this year..  They are fighting a housing crisis like the in the US in 2007-8. That was pretty rough. I imagine the Chinese are stuffing their mattresses instead of traveling anywhere..

Edited by Gknrd