Noodle shocker: Young man stir-fries his emotions after being billed 300 baht in Don Mueang

snoop1130

No price display ? , no buy me.

A bit like Lazada, You get a price on the website and when you check out, in the  basket it has increased by some diving miracle.

So I just delete the basket and don't purchse. I call the shop directly or go over and show the photo of the lower price on the website. Often they prefer to handle the sale directly then through Lazada. For the "never-happened-to-me"...this does not happen to every item sold, but often.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I don't even know where to begin with this one... If you actually had read the replies, you would be well aware that the incident did not take place at the airport.

Dun Muang is not an airport. Don Muang is a district.

If you're going to call people ignorant you really need to be 100% sure of the facts unless you want to end up looking a bit silly.

Looking silly, seems the poster has already confirmed it. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vangrop said:

one of the most let's say ignorant posts and replies i have ever seen here. First everybody knows that in any airports woldwide everything is overpriced. Second Don Muang is an airport. Third you have a menu were you can check the prices. So snoop make a life and don't bother us with stupid posts. thanks in advace

one of the most let's say ignorant posts

Glad that at least you admit that.

You were talking about your own post, right????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, vangrop said:

one of the most let's say ignorant posts and replies i have ever seen here. First everybody knows that in any airports woldwide everything is overpriced. Second Don Muang is an airport. Third you have a menu were you can check the prices. So snoop make a life and don't bother us with stupid posts. thanks in advace

In this case, you be describing your own post. 
It’s been explained, a few times now, that the airport is NOT where the restaurant is located. 

“Residential Don Mueang is known for its namesake airport….”

Today you have learned something at least. 

• Sad 1

Location aside, I think it’s one thing IF the price was NOT fully and prominently displayed on the menu before ordering… it’s something entirely else IF it WAS.

It’s fair to perhaps argue the value of a B300 plate of noodles— ok, that’s a fair discussion…. but if it the price was disclosed up front and in advance .. and within that disclosure, you still went forward and ordered, then you can’t really argue that you were somehow duped, conned or ripped off. (so long as you got what was pictured and/or described) 

10 hours ago, vangrop said:

It is your post that is ignorant. Be aware of your facts before calling people ignorant and asking them not to bother us with stupid posts, when it is you who is ignorant of the fact that Don Muang is an area of Bangkok and not only the airport, and you who has made the stupid post. And that you were also unable to understand that the airport doesn't have a khlong that is mentioned in the report.

On 11/10/2023 at 7:31 PM, dinsdale said:

Typo (should be khlong) and I'm fairly sure there's no khlong in the airport. I've had a few beers there pre and post flights but not that many I've seen a khlong.

What's that long wet thing running parallel with the tollway.

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Here in the village I can still buy a medium sized plate of Phad Thai Moo or Khao Phad Moo for 20bht. The markup to 300bht a plateful for what is on display in the op must be remarkable.

You think the business overheads would be the same in your village and don Mueang (Not the airport) ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

You think the business overheads would be the same in your village and don Mueang (Not the airport) ?

The restaurant will have higher overheads than any in our village granted but it is still a totally unremarkable establishment and 300 bht is absolutely over the top. I've eaten regularly in the Don Mueang area and what is on display in the op can be easily got for less than 100 bht.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What's that long wet thing running parallel with the tollway.

Yes there is a small Khlong that runs beside the rail line and a larger one across the rail line away from the airport but I think the khlong in the story is the big one north of the airport that seperates Don Mueang and Rangsit. 

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

I've eaten regularly in the Don Mueang area and what is on display in the op can be easily got for less than 100 bht.

but was there a menu board that stated the price.... this is the issue.

If no.. then old matey is bang on to have a cry.

If yes... old matey should ask his mum for a cuddle.