Who is the most successful farang in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

42 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Organizations like Father Ray, Rotary, and Chester charity ride comes to mind. No single foreigner.

There used to be foreigner members of Lions club and maybe Rotarians, they have since passed away 

A lot of Restaurateur and hotel GMs in days past were pillars of the community too, not many from the old scene left these days

Oh and not forgetting local newspaper owners, they certainly see themselves as one

• Love It 1

Just now, digbeth said:

There used to be foreigner members of Lions club and maybe Rotarians, they have since passed away 

A lot of Restaurateur and hotel GMs in days past were pillars of the community too, not many from the old scene left these days

Oh and not forgetting local newspaper owners, they certainly see themselves as one

Your right ,the Rotary clubs were big 20 or so years ago , nowadays they don't seem to attract farangs 

For my taste being successful includes most people would not recognize me.

Look at people like Justin Bieber (ok, you don't really have to look, I also don't look at him). He is super rich and relatively young, but he can't even go out of his front door without being molested by lots of people. And I am pretty sure he could go to almost anywhere in the world and he wouldn't be able to live a quiet life. That must be horrible and more or less the opposite of successful. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

a British guy who at 65 retiring from his UK job decided to buy a wildlife park in Tasmania

I planned on doing the exact same.

I must have examined thousands of maps of tassie in fine detail, but have yet to decide which to buy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Mr Sharky still has his penthouse 2 br condo at the top of View Talay 6. 

I saw him at the lift one morning. Scared the crap out of me. Was too scared to talk to him. 

Not at the top, in the middle.  I lived in View Talay 6 couple years, never wanted to talk to him, but I saw him in Bangkok a few years ago.  He lost all his hair from steroid abuse and didn’t look ‘scary’ anymore. 😂 

• Thanks 1