Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Hardly fair, they've already been squeezed into a tiny area by Israel. I heard it was the most densely populated area on earth,which is quite incredible.

@Neeranam

It is not, regardless of what you pretend to have heard. This particular point was already discussed, more than once on recent past topics (someone always bring up this chestnut). As far as I'm aware there are no residential areas right next to the border - so do explain 'squeezed' how?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Can you name any better news channel to get new on the ME?

"There are massacres of civilians and children"

Palestinian man in Gaza curses Turkey and Qatar while talking to an Al-Jazeera (Qatari state TV) correspondent. "

The correspondent immediately ends the interview.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well I would expect if they do this that the new buffer will be bigger, and I'm sure the RIver to the Sea brigade are going to be squawking. 

I doubt it will be bigger than that. physically difficult in some places. Also Israel got a much better all around security system these days. The issue with 7/10 was not that it did not work, but that tell-tale signs and reports were ignored. I don't think it will be easy to pull off another such attack for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

It is not, regardless of what you pretend to have heard. This particular point was already discussed, more than once on recent past topics (someone always bring up this chestnut). As far as I'm aware there are no residential areas right next to the border - so do explain 'squeezed' how?

Calling me  a liar?

I'm pretending nothing. 

I've heard this on a few channels, including Sky news. 

What topics? 

Of you are trying to day Israel didn't pack them into Gaza like sardines, you're deluded or at least totally biased. 

What is your nationality? 

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

I have answered you on the same subject at least twice. There are plenty of sources available. Relying on one, which is obviously biased, might not be the best choice. If it's beyond you to understand the issue with AJ and reporting on matters at hand, then you're either intentionally playing obtuse or beyond help.

I rarely watch AJ, I watch Sky and France 24. 

What do you watch? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

This is a problem for both sides imho there needs to be independent press in both camps, the Israeli's are targeting all journalists and if you're not a Muslim I can't see them being welcome in Gaza by anybody, until there is some sort of agreement on both sides to allow free press coverage no one no matter who they support is going to believe the press.

What makes you think that there is no 'independent press'? Or more to the point, what do mean by 'independent press', exactly? Kinda doubt you could support the claim that Israel is targeting all journalists. It is kinda amusing how you seem to imagine Hamas allowed 'free coverage', 'free press' and so on even prior to this war.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Calling me  a liar?

I'm pretending nothing. 

I've heard this on a few channels, including Sky news. 

What topics? 

Of you are trying to day Israel didn't pack them into Gaza like sardines, you're deluded or at least totally biased. 

What is your nationality? 

@Neeranam

Of course you did. Just that this was already done on these topics - and I kinda doubt you missed it, or even that you weren't part of the exchange. You tend to cycle through the same talking points, after all.

No, Israel did not 'pack them into Gaza like sardines' - not in the context free, sensational way your present.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Of course you did. Just that this was already done on these topics - and I kinda doubt you missed it, or even that you weren't part of the exchange. You tend to cycle through the same talking points, after all.

No, Israel did not 'pack them into Gaza like sardines' - not in the context free, sensational way your present.

Well, we see things differently, which is fine. Are you Israeli? You seem to know all the history.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

What makes you think that there is no 'independent press'? Or more to the point, what do mean by 'independent press', exactly? Kinda doubt you could support the claim that Israel is targeting all journalists. It is kinda amusing how you seem to imagine Hamas allowed 'free coverage', 'free press' and so on even prior to this war.

Must you always be so negative, I was trying to be fair to both sides.

I am in no doubt Hamas will be selective on who they will allow to be reporters, obviously AL J is there because of there backers, but I take all press with a pinch of salt unless it can be verified by another source.

Gaza war is deadliest conflict for journalists in over 30 years, press advocates say

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/03/1215798409/palestinian-journalists-killed-gaza-israel-hamas-war

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Must you always be so negative, I was trying to be fair to both sides.

I am in no doubt Hamas will be selective on who they will allow to be reporters, obviously AL J is there because of there backers, but I take all press with a pinch of salt unless it can be verified by another source.

Gaza war is deadliest conflict for journalists in over 30 years, press advocates say

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/03/1215798409/palestinian-journalists-killed-gaza-israel-hamas-war

Your post was not even-handed, and the claims made are either unclear or false.

For example, you claimed Israel is targeting all journalists. Even the link provided above does not make this claim. And that's without getting into how such designations go, and who gets them. I think most of the journalists (or whatever) were killed like most other casualties - not through targeting but due to being in an urban battle zone. Note that the article you linked is totally one sided, and centers on Gazan media people. It mention very briefly that Israeli journalists were killed on 7/10, and unless missed it, does not get into the whole thing about Gazan 'journalists' joining the Hamas raid (or following the initial onslaught, whatever).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Morch said:

Your post was not even-handed, and the claims made are either unclear or false.

For example, you claimed Israel is targeting all journalists. Even the link provided above does not make this claim. And that's without getting into how such designations go, and who gets them. I think most of the journalists (or whatever) were killed like most other casualties - not through targeting but due to being in an urban battle zone. Note that the article you linked is totally one sided, and centers on Gazan media people. It mention very briefly that Israeli journalists were killed on 7/10, and unless missed it, does not get into the whole thing about Gazan 'journalists' joining the Hamas raid (or following the initial onslaught, whatever).

Israel does not want any press anywhere, not if it is not under there control, now give us a clue why.?

Hamas need the press.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel does not want any press anywhere, not if it is not under there control, now give us a clue why.?

Hamas need the press.

You make wide brush claims.

You don't back them up with anything.

Somehow you expect your loaded 'questions' to be answered.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

A baby was found dead in the microwave. You can argue that the baby was put there accidentally.

You can't argue that Hamas didn't kill the baby, or that Hamas didn't a bunch of other babies.

Please stop deflecting from the reality that Hamas committed unspeakable atrocities on October 7.

Or perhaps you want to deny that, too.

Still not providing proof that the baby was killed by microwaving, still deflecting, still refusing to answer the question you quoted.

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope.

The threat must be permanently eliminated.

Any nation that can eliminate threats against it will do so, as history has shown.

Never forget.

The threat will never be eliminated. With every bomb killing children another battalion of resistance fighters is created. Israelis will never be safe in israel or outside israel, such is the hatred generated by the israeli massacres of the innocents.

Even if they could kill every Palestinian in Gaza, the West Bank and israel, millions are already in other countries, safe from the israeli atrocities.

See a victim of israel's bombs- is that a Hamas fighter? See a girl amid the destruction- is she a Hamas fighter?

Photos from google images

Decades-of-underfunding-blockade-have-weakened-Gazas-health-system.jpg

UNI448902.jpg

• Like 1

That's a lot of tunnels with financial resources used that was intended for the Gaza civilians

IDF has located 800 shafts under Gaza, Israeli government claims

The Israeli government spokesperson, Eylon Levy, has given a press conference on the latest updates on the Israeli army’s operation in Gaza.

“Since the start of the war the IDF has located 800 shafts and destroyed 500 of them, in addition to many miles of tunnel roads under civilian areas,” Levy said.

He also said an anti-tank missile was launched towards an IDF vehicle in northern Israel and "several IDF soldiers sustained light injuries".

• Like 2