Pattaya police raid love hotels to prevent underage sexual activities

webfact

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Prior to the Loy Krathong Festival, Siam Techno Poll of Siam Technology College conducted a survey on what Thai people planned to do on Loy Krathong Day and found that 40.31% of respondents planned to have sex on the day.

Looking at the local news on the telly this morning, it seems most young folks were out either giving or getting a good kicking last night.

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

consenting adults do go visit love hotels both of their own free will without monetary exchange, though I appreciate this is hard to fathom for the average pattaya mongers

Try not to exchange any money with your beloved one. I am very curious about your I hope honest reply. In my case I would pattin my chin

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...inside an illegal activity..."

What is illegal about short time hotels?

The paid for activity in most cases!

No, they're not.  Check the Prevention And Suppression Of Prostitution Act B.E. 2539

1.  Short time hotels, as an entity, are not illegal, doesn't matter what guests do in the rooms.

2.  Paying for, or receiving money for, sex in hotels is not illegal, either.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Prior to the Loy Krathong Festival, Siam Techno Poll of Siam Technology College conducted a survey on what Thai people planned to do on Loy Krathong Day and found that 40.31% of respondents planned to have sex on the day

Floating your boat on Loy Krathong day seems to have taken a twist for millennials.

• Haha 1

I had the misfortune to check into a 'Love' hotel while waiting to pick up a car with my wife, I'm no prude, but I was shocked and disgusted to see a Gynecology bed in one corner stirrups an all,

We left.  It could have been for illegal abortions for all I know.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Prostitution itself (the act of paying someone, or being paid for, sexual services) isn't illegal.  Underage prostitution is.

Is it legal to pay for sex in Thailand?

Since the 1960, prostitution is illegal and criminally prosecutable with prison sentences of up to 20 years. It is estimate that about 100,000 to 400,000 people are sex workers in Thailand. Organizations and activist groups advocating for the rights of sex workers in Thailand have emerged to address these issues.

Is paid sex legal in Bangkok?
Under the 1996 Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act enacted by Bangkok, prostitution is prohibited. Any person soliciting sex could be fined. Pimps could be fined and imprisoned for up to 10 years.
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Is it legal to pay for sex in Thailand?

Since the 1960, prostitution is illegal and criminally prosecutable with prison sentences of up to 20 years. It is estimate that about 100,000 to 400,000 people are sex workers in Thailand. Organizations and activist groups advocating for the rights of sex workers in Thailand have emerged to address these issues.

Is paid sex legal in Bangkok?
Under the 1996 Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act enacted by Bangkok, prostitution is prohibited. Any person soliciting sex could be fined. Pimps could be fined and imprisoned for up to 10 years.

Yes, soliciting for sex is illegal.

Paying for sex is not.  If it were, most Thai males would be in trouble!

Here's some reading for you:

http://www.thailawforum.com/sex-crimes-in-thailand-part2-2.html

https://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT/46403/65063/E96THA01.htm

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1