Court Puts Off Handing Down Verdict In Yingluck Case

webfact

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you really don't know then you could look it up. It was in the news for years.

I give you a hint: rice scam

And did she personally profit from this (ie financially)?, or was it a political advantage?

In any reasonable judicial system the first might be a criminal offence, the second likely not.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

So she was found guilty and sentence to 5 years--Appealed to the Supreme Court’, while waiting for their decision --done a runner. 

Whats the odds here that the Supreme Court, when it does get together will--then overturn the Guilty verdict .

All clear go visit your Brother in Hospital.......................:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I see your Shinawatra blinkers are back on again.

You don't think it's at all coincidental that all the military led governments can literally get away with anything but when it comes to their 'competitors' (Shinawatra's, Move Forward, Thai Nation Party, the Neutral Democratic Party, Thai Raksa Chart Party, Future Forward Party), they have to be absolutely perfect or face being disbanded, barred or exiled?

Yingluk tried to give more money to her base through rice subsidies and as ill thought out as it was (and badly executed as it was), it certainly didn't warrant the criminal negligence charge she was eventually convicted of, nor the forced exile she has had to endure.  

The Shinawatra's are certainly no angels but these double standards go to the heart of the problem with Thai politics.

Did it ever cross your mind that the bad execution was deliberate and no accident?

Do you really think she only wanted to do something good for the farmers and somehow by accident lot of politicians and Shinawatra supporters profited?

Ok, maybe she didn't realize all this, because she only followed the orders of her brother. But she was PM and responsible for that scam. She should have made sure it was implemented correctly. And if she was not able to do that job then she should not have applied for that job.

Obviously others are also corrupt and greedy. As far as I am concerned, they should all be held responsible for their action. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

It was a junior government worker trying to hop on the gravy train as they all do. She knew nothing about it until it was too late. Unfortunately for her that she's PM at the time.

At least both Yingluck and Thaksin were democratically elected, which cannot be said for that unelected PM who led an illegal coup and filled his personal bank and offshore accounts big style and and is now in some other big fancy important job.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Lets not forget that after a court sized 1 billion GPB from him, from money he made corruptly  ---when his sister got into power she had the government send him $1 billion--as he says in his interview with Forbes I haven't got it all back but WE are working on that.

Q. Have you ever got your money from the Shin Corp process back?

I got back part of it, about $1 billion… That’s why I have money to invest.----(Forbes)

Wikipedia is an interesting read on the Shinawatra family--- from a bankrupt Chiang Mai policeman owing over 80,000 baht to being on the Forbes list of riches men in the world

How did he do that?---Just Hard work I guess.

** Do I think the last (and present Gov are any different)--Of course not----Do I think Yinkluck should have been allowed to stay? --Yes as corrupt as she was--she was voted in

2023-11-30_14-03-26.png

Forbes 50 Riches men in the world

Chearavanont brothers

$34 B

Food & Beverage

Chalerm Yoovidhya & family

$33.4 B

Food & Beverage

Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi

$13.6 B

Food & Beverage

Chirathivat family