Concert in Kelantan with sexy Thai dancers stirs controversy

webfact

Where in Thailand can you erect a stage and put on a performance that isn't within some invisible, morality-dripping, boundary that abhors 'scantily dressed performers?'

Put a stage up in a Thai village - there is a Buddhist temple.
Put a stage up in any Khet in a major or minor city, and there is/are a Buddhist temple(s).

This is a nothing burger.  Average people don't care. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I love these temple do's the way you pay 10b for a garland, and then, they are collected, taken back to the vendor who then resells them, to whoever for the next performer. 

It's called "donating."  I think it's a nice tradition.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such silliness. A lot of this fake purity likely originates from the government. The goons in charge are focusing their efforts in all the wrong areas. They are trying to make Thailand a Quaker State. A land of purity. Total BS. Nonsense. Misplaced priorities, and wasted efforts. And likely completely fake and hypocritical. No doubt these terribly misguided fools are trying to rid Thailand of one of its most popular attractions. The nightlife. 

People love sexy. You cannot deny that. Making a big deal over something like this is just churlish and silly.

But it actually happened in near a buddhist temple  in Bachok, 25km east of the state capital Kota Baru, Malaysia. Bachok has a sizeable Malaysian-Thai community.

• Thanks 1

What a hypocrisy ! Many men recorded and took plenty of pics for their collection... Nothing really sexy here, 'nothing new in Thailand., it has always been like that for all the concerts that I have seen or heart about in Thailand, a young girl dancing and singing is sexy by nature, nothing new, and in some other shows, singers or dancers are wayyy more sexy and suggestive, there are very sexy coyotees also , and by the way, why not offend at the overly sexy girls hunting customers or seducing guys in the disco's not only in Pattaya or Phuket but everywhere in Thailand including in Bkk. not to mention the go-go bars where they sometimes are topless or nude.. (and I forgot the ping-pong shows) 😉...! 

• Confused 1

the dancers at these Thai concerts in the provinces are often described as sexy and scantily clad - I have never understood why scantily clad is used to describe them though because they are never actually scantily clad! Even my wife describes them as sexy and scantily clad so it's clearly an Isaan thing to do that..........to what end though escapes me. 

The dancers in Ying Lees' famous pop video are also NOT scanitly clad but are described so. 

If they actually were scantily clad the video would have been pulled a long time ago.

• Agree 1