PM Can’t Accept Electricity Hike to 4.68 Baht

snoop1130

Energy Commission lambasted over electricity price increase

electricity_bill-1.png

The Federation of Thai Industries has roundly criticized the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) for behaving like an only agency responsible for setting national electricity prices every four months, based on the data and assumptions provided by oil companies, without any plan for structural reform to reduce power prices.

The comment was made by FTI vice president Isares Rattanadilok Na Phuket today, in response to the ERC’s decision yesterday to increase the price of electricity, for the January-April 2024 period, from 3.99 baht to 4.68 baht per unit, or 17%.

He said that the ERC’s decision clearly reflects on the commission’s energy policy and management, which lack any vision or strategy to control electricity prices, through price restructuring, as has been recommended by other sectors.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

As a leading politician I wouldn't accept increasing electricity expenses but promote strongly to use solar power. I would implement laws to have solar panels on all govt. buildings first, including hospitals and factories. 🧑‍🎄

What is your appointed position in the Cabinet Sir? Why do you not reveal your name?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister and Finance Minister Srettha Thavisin does not agree with the proposed electricity tariff

Why?  Does he over-use his A/C too much.  I thought he used other people's as he jets around the world on junkets.

I asked quite some time ago at the office of the Provincial Electricity Authority on how to read the bill. Although nice and kind, nobody was able to explain this most complicated bill of surcharge, discount etc. on a simple household electricity bill and I wonder, if anyone reading this particular thread is able to explain the basics. 

53 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

I asked quite some time ago at the office of the Provincial Electricity Authority on how to read the bill. Although nice and kind, nobody was able to explain this most complicated bill of surcharge, discount etc. on a simple household electricity bill and I wonder, if anyone reading this particular thread is able to explain the basics. 

Type = 1125, means that you are using a 15/45A or 30/100 Meter
Recent Reading = units recorded on the day the meter reader most recently checked the meter (day you got your bill)
Previous Reading = units recorded previous bill period
Consumption = Difference between previous and recent reading in Units

You used that Bill Period (03/2566) 431 Units (3373 - 2942)

1679,60 = total electricity charge (excl)
24,62 = service charge for your meter (Payable every month)

402,68 (Ft 0,9343) = Fuel surcharge per unit (431 * 0.9343) (The debate in this thread is about this NUMBER)
2107,10 = Sub Total
147,50 = VAT 7% over the Sub Total
2254,60 = Total Amount to pay

So you paid an average price per unit  of 2254,60 / 431 = 5,23 THB (incl)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Type = 1125, means that you are using a 15/45A or 30/100 Meter
Recent Reading = units recorded on the day the meter reader most recently checked the meter (day you got your bill)
Previous Reading = units recorded previous bill period
Consumption = Difference between previous and recent reading in Units

You used that Bill Period (03/2566) 431 Units (3373 - 2942)

1679,60 = total electricity charge (excl)
24,62 = service charge for your meter (Payable every month)

402,68 (Ft 0,9343) = Fuel surcharge per unit (431 * 0.9343) (The debate in this thread is about this NUMBER)
2107,10 = Sub Total
147,50 = VAT 7% over the Sub Total
2254,60 = Total Amount to pay

So you paid an average price per unit  of 2254,60 / 431 = 5,23 THB (incl)

Thank you VERY much, now that's sorted. Based on your kind explanation, I have been billed a base tariff of THB 3.897 (or THB 3.90) per unit (most likely kw/h) and that is to go up to THB 4.68. The increase would read THB 0.783/unit or 20% over the existing tariff. While I don't have an issue nor want to moan over that increase I wonder, how that goes down with the uncles and grannies upcountry with their electricity destroying equipment like old fridges and energy-inefficient rice cookers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Thank you VERY much, now that's sorted. Based on your kind explanation, I have been billed a base tariff of THB 3.897 (or THB 3.90) per unit (most likely kw/h) and that is to go up to THB 4.68. The increase would read THB 0.783/unit or 20% over the existing tariff. While I don't have an issue nor want to moan over that increase I wonder, how that goes down with the uncles and grannies upcountry with their electricity destroying equipment like old fridges and energy-inefficient rice cookers. 

Please DO NOTE, the prices you mention are EXCL (Excl of Service Charge, FT Charge and VAT)

Re: the grannies and the uncles upcountry, I already posted about that in post #3 that it is IMHO unfair :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

I am agree with you. 

On 12/1/2023 at 7:40 AM, newbee2022 said:

As a leading politician I wouldn't accept increasing electricity expenses but promote strongly to use solar power. I would implement laws to have solar panels on all govt. buildings first, including hospitals and factories. 🧑‍🎄

Nice idea re solar, but I'm guessing there still a lot of backroom discussions between the politicians / parties / cronies / big players to ensure they all continue to get their slice of the new pie. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Nice idea re solar, but I'm guessing there still a lot of backroom discussions between the politicians / parties / cronies / big players to ensure they all continue to get their slice of the new pie. 

Uof5xuN.jpg.601988d03041df058a90d5e9001e4faa.jpg

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yingluck was going to promote solar power. However, after she was ousted the plans and dreams shattered.

• Haha 1