UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Reading compensation issues, I think. Try reading my post again, in context, and maybe go slower this time.

Maybe you should be less muddled in your posts and more clear and calling other's post as nonsense, and as for your post regarding the deployment of the thermonuclear weapons i was referring to Iran, the evil axis regime of this world... 

• Confused 1

Just now, placeholder said:

False. Which is why I qualified "bothsideism" with "unweighted".

That you posted or qualified something doesn't make it correct, factual or true.

As usual you try for a contrived reading of my post, suited to fit your argument.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Just your nonsense on loop.

Nobody uses 'Hebrews' nowadays much.

Zionists are not necessarily radical, militant or even a group.

I chose the term "Hebrews" instead of "Jews" because AGAIN, AS I'VE SAID REPEATEDLY, that is because I don't think all Hebrews are Jews, just as all Arabs are not Muslim. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Most of it has to do with their choice not to simply give in and allow Hebrews to take over their land (Palestine). But the worst of that does have to do with the choices they made and make as to how to try to prevent that.

So you see Palestinian rejectionism as beneficial to their cause? Do tell how that worked out for them.

Disregarding Hamas fantasies about eradicating Israel and having it all, what Palestinian could realistically negotiate for nowadays is less than what they would have got under the Partition plan.

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I chose the term "Hebrews" instead of "Jews" because AGAIN, AS I'VE SAID REPEATEDLY, that is because I don't think all Hebrews are Jews, just as all Arabs are not Muslim. 

Your word games are getting dafter by the post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Absolutely how? Do you have anything to support this with? Do you see any will to resolve things in a peaceful manner from Hamas? Do you see the PA being proactive on peace? You don't seem to be much bothered about Israeli children being murdered, abducted either - what does it say about your moral stance? Also, no issues with Hamas putting the Gazans in harm's way to begin with, or treating them as 'necessary sacrifices for the cause'.

Perhaps if Israel had been more proactive in seeking a peaceful solution, none of this would have happened. It would appear a two state solution is the only way for Israel to see peace. Slaughtering thousands of women and children, in a genocidal manner, goes against everything the nation was founded upon. 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Slaughtering thousands of women and children, in a genocidal manner, goes against everything the nation was founded upon. 

American moderate Jew, so you said. Maybe we should review the right to settle...

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps if Israel had been more proactive in seeking a peaceful solution, none of this would have happened. It would appear a two state solution is the only way for Israel to see peace. Slaughtering thousands of women and children, in a genocidal manner, goes against everything the nation was founded upon. 

Perhaps if your take on history and related events wouldn't be so biased, you wouldn't make such comments.

I am not implying Israel was always for peace, or anything like that. But to present it in the one-sided manner offered above is ridiculous, and misleading. It is not like the Palestinian side is ready and willing, and Israel playing the rejectionist bit. It certainly doesn't even apply to Hamas which is not interested in peace, a two-state solution and such. I get it that your stance is anti-Israel, enough posts read over the years - but do try to keep it real.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Perhaps if your take on history and related events wouldn't be so biased, you wouldn't make such comments.

I am not implying Israel was always for peace, or anything like that. But to present it in the one-sided manner offered above is ridiculous, and misleading. It is not like the Palestinian side is ready and willing, and Israel playing the rejectionist bit. It certainly doesn't even apply to Hamas which is not interested in peace, a two-state solution and such. I get it that your stance is anti-Israel, enough posts read over the years - but do try to keep it real.

Well I am not anti-Israel, but I do object to a lot of the positions the Israeli government has taken over the years, and I also realize that as a moderate American Jew I'm really not allowed to take that position, but I take it anyway. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Well I am not anti-Israel, but I do object to a lot of the positions the Israeli government has taken over the years, and I also realize that as a moderate American Jew I'm really not allowed to take that position, but I take it anyway. 

Who says that you are not allowed to take that position ?

Is that just in your imagination ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Mike, I think it's a bit too late to try for the 'not anti-Israel' bit, not with me. Good memory, and you've posted pretty much the same for years now. That's ok - a whole lot not to like, I agree. But no need to pretend otherwise.

As for your standard issue faux complaint - notice how it's almost always you who brings it up?

Being anti-Israel is a legitimate political position. Ignoring facts, relying on false narratives and using alternative versions of history - not so much.And frankly, not too impressed with all that 'genocide' talk. There is no 'genocide' other than if someone was bent on demeaning the word, or taking pleasure playing with definitions.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Perhaps read your own link from the UN its mostly to do with cultural sexual risks Palestinian women face

"The prevalence of child marriage within the oPt is at 24 per cent."

"prevailing traditional cultural norms in Palestinian society, and most recently, the COVID-19 pandemic and the May 2021 escalation."

According to the latest available Palestine Central Bureau of Statistics survey on violence, which predates the COVID-19 pandemic, 29.4 per cent of (married or previously married) women between the ages of 18 and 64 experienced violence in the 12 months preceding the survey – 37.5 per cent in Gaza and 24.3 per cent in the West Bank. Of those, 56.6 per cent experienced psychological violence, 17.8 per cent physical violence, 8.8 per cent sexual violence, 32.5 per cent social violence, 41.1 per cent economic violence, while eight per cent experienced the emerging issue of cyber violence.

Your other link, I didn't even bother after checking this:

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

image.png.7eeeb7232c0c9cf46acf74b8356979e9.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mondoweiss/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

TBH, Sadly it doesn't really matter to them what you say or claim. Their minds are firmly made up and they cannot or will not believe that there are 2 sides to the story.

That is why I rarely post on these threads any more.

Indeed, there is no end to this arguments as sadly, there're too many Jews and Israeli haters just for the hell of it, someone to hate and blame, most will be stumped if you ask them where Gaza and the west bank are or what is the history of the conflict but that will not stop them from hating and loathing the world's Favourite scapegoat, the Jews and Israel... 

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Settle where? Israel is one of the last places in the world I would want to live. Never even wanted to visit. 

Worries me, can I ask what generation you belong to? Spent only 11 years in Israel, but was called up in 1973. Been living abroad for the last 45 years but feel comfy knowing that there is that one place where no one will  go unpunished if he calls me names.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Who says that you are not allowed to take that position ?

Is that just in your imagination ?

I have been ostracized by many Jews in America who feel that it's simply not permitted to oppose any kind of policy that Israel proposes, ever. The key word here is no resistance, no objections, no arguments, just follow the rules like a sheepdog. 

Sorry, homey don't play that game and neither is he PC. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have been ostracized by many Jews in America who feel that it's simply not permitted to oppose any kind of policy that Israel proposes, ever. The key word here is no resistance, no objections, no arguments, just follow the rules like a sheepdog. 

Sorry, homey don't play that game and neither is he PC. 

This isn't America. In the context of this forum, I doubt this happened to you much, if at all. A whole lot of criticism leveled at Israel is justified. I don't think each and every comment or poster engaging in such faces what you claim.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am a boomer. Never had an interest in spending time in Israel. Like the people. Hate the recent politicians. Lehava, Rabbi Kahane, Otzma Yehudit are just a few of the slimeball hate mongers Netanyahu appears to be teaming up with. 

At least we agree on some things....

7 hours ago, Morch said:

Another bit of nonsense which was already done to death on previous topics. Spin it as you may - the popular application and usage are nothing like the kumbaya version. Give it a rest.

Objection! I have no idea what you're talking about. The guy quoting it suggests it implies killing all Jews. My link gives a bit of background and context. I don't intend to give it a rest, but I'm happy to leave this thread. It's going nowhere. The Israelis are still committing atrocities in Gaza as we speak. The Final Solution is well under way.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Morch said:

So you see Palestinian rejectionism as beneficial to their cause? Do tell how that worked out for them.

Disregarding Hamas fantasies about eradicating Israel and having it all, what Palestinian could realistically negotiate for nowadays is less than what they would have got under the Partition plan.

I do see "Palestinian rejectionism" as not being beneficial to their cause. However, any form of capitulation would not be beneficial to their cause, either. "Their cause" being to retain control of Palestine for themselves. 

And, yes, they could negotiate a two-state or one-state solution, but that would not achieve their goal in their cause, which is to retain ownership of Palestine. 

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to either understand or accept. You don't have to agree with it, you only have to acknowledge that this is what they are trying to do. This is "their cause." 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:
3 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Your word games are getting dafter by the post.

My "word games" are not getting "dafter." They have remained the same since my very first post a week or more ago.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Objection! I have no idea what you're talking about. The guy quoting it suggests it implies killing all Jews. My link gives a bit of background and context. I don't intend to give it a rest, but I'm happy to leave this thread. It's going nowhere. The Israelis are still committing atrocities in Gaza as we speak. The Final Solution is well under way.

All them explanations on the background etc. appearing in the link are immaterial. The popular usage of the phrase now implies something pretty clear.

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I do see "Palestinian rejectionism" as not being beneficial to their cause. However, any form of capitulation would not be beneficial to their cause, either. "Their cause" being to retain control of Palestine for themselves. 

And, yes, they could negotiate a two-state or one-state solution, but that would not achieve their goal in their cause, which is to retain ownership of Palestine. 

I don't know why this is so difficult for you to either understand or accept. You don't have to agree with it, you only have to acknowledge that this is what they are trying to do. This is "their cause." 

First of all, I think there's a sizeable (not majority maybe, depends on when this is polled), that would go for negotiation and agreement. Not necessarily dropping their dream of river-to-the-sea but maybe realizing better something than nothing. Your view co-opts all Palestinian to an extreme position - and given your previous posts, I kinda doubt that's based on something solid.

Other than that - what you portray above implies that the only solution is a violent one. If so, and if that's (according to you) the Palestinians' choice, what is your point? Do you expect Israel to simply accept this extreme point of view, close shop and dismantle the country?