UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

15 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My "word games" are not getting "dafter." They have remained the same since my very first post a week or more ago.

Nope, you keep adding even more convulsed terms, and even more weird combos/applications.

Other than demonstrating you being a hardcore hater, don't know what you think you accomplish.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

First of all, I think there's a sizeable (not majority maybe, depends on when this is polled), that would go for negotiation and agreement. Not necessarily dropping their dream of river-to-the-sea but maybe realizing better something than nothing. Your view co-opts all Palestinian to an extreme position - and given your previous posts, I kinda doubt that's based on something solid.

Other than that - what you portray above implies that the only solution is a violent one. If so, and if that's (according to you) the Palestinians' choice, what is your point? Do you expect Israel to simply accept this extreme point of view, close shop and dismantle the country?

I don't expect Israel to accept any settlement, and if they do, stick to it. I expect them to continue on with "their goal," which is the complete ownership of the land which was once called Palestine. 

I do expect Palestinians will eventually captiulate and handover whatever remains of their country to the Israelis. This will be done not from negotiation, but from exhaustion. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

I don't expect Israel to accept any settlement, and if they do, stick to it. I expect them to continue on with "their goal," which is the complete ownership of the land which was once called Palestine. 

I do expect Palestinians will eventually captiulate and handover whatever remains of their country to the Israelis. This will be done not from negotiation, but from exhaustion. 

There is no such Israeli goal as you claim. Not in some sense of fully agreed upon national thrust. There are parties and voters who are for these things, but that's not quite the same as what you claim.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Morch said:
18 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

There is no such Israeli goal as you claim. Not in some sense of fully agreed upon national thrust. There are parties and voters who are for these things, but that's not quite the same as what you claim.

Yes, we do disagree about what the Israeli goal is. I do agree, however, that there are portions of the Israeli citizenry that would be more accommodating than demanding a complete takover. Examples of this are the two-state and even a shared one-state solutions that have been proposed.

IMO (and the "O" there stands for "opinion," not verified "fact), even if either of these solutions were agreed to and enacted, that there would be portions on both sides that would not settle for that and their subversive actions would eventually errupt into more violence in the future.

I'm sorry to have such negative feelings about all this, but that is what I expect. :saai:

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

This isn't America. In the context of this forum, I doubt this happened to you much, if at all. A whole lot of criticism leveled at Israel is justified. I don't think each and every comment or poster engaging in such faces what you claim.

I meant in the US. Most do not even know what a Jew is here. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, we do disagree about what the Israeli goal is. I do agree, however, that there are portions of the Israeli citizenry that would be more accommodating than demanding a complete takover. Examples of this are the two-state and even a shared one-state solutions that have been proposed.

IMO (and the "O" there stands for "opinion," not verified "fact), even if either of these solutions were agreed to and enacted, that there would be portions on both sides that would not settle for that and their subversive actions would eventually errupt into more violence in the future.

I'm sorry to have such negative feelings about all this, but that is what I expect. :saai:

If Israel's goal is to completely take over the area, why have they not done it? Why did they give Gaza to the Palestinians? Why do not just carpet-bomb Gaza rather than try to avoid killing civilians?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You contradict yourself - but can't quite admit you're wrong. Sad.

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

btk Brian, And what "level" of media are you reading? Is it telling you something different? Isn't it telling you about the horrible slaughter of civilians under the excuse that Hamas is using them for "human shields?

Anyone that knows how to do arithmetic knows you are a liar. If Israel was bombing "everywhere" and not attempting to avoid killing civilians, deaths would be in the hundreds of thousands. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

btk Brian, And what "level" of media are you reading? Is it telling you something different? Isn't it telling you about the horrible slaughter of civilians under the excuse that Hamas is using them for "human shields?

None that contains this pro hamas conspiraciey  rubbish

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

image.png.7eeeb7232c0c9cf46acf74b8356979e9.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mondoweiss/

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, if Israel's goal is to completely take over the area, why have they not done it? 

Why did they give Gaza to the Palestinians?

Your claim that "Israel is bombing everywhere and not trying to avoid killing civilians." is just a bold-faced lie.

What do you think Israel should do about hamas and the Palestinians that want Israel eradicated the Jews/Hebrews exterminated? 

I assume they have not done it because they couldn't.

They didn't "give" Gaza to the Palestinians. First of all, it was originally theirs. Secondly, the Palestinians last took control of it through military conflict. See the link below:

Gaza: The History That Fuels the Conflict | HISTORY

I think Israel and Palestine should try to work all this out peacefully. That would probably be a two-state or one-state solution. However, most of my posts are geared to presenting the Palestinian perspective because most all the other posts here are pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian. I'm just trying to help people understand this is not a black-and-white issue.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Anyone that knows how to do arithmetic knows you are a liar. If Israel was bombing "everywhere" and not attempting to avoid killing civilians, deaths would be in the hundreds of thousands. 

If anyone knows how to search on the Internet, they'd know the figure is about 16,000. Don't you think that's bad enough? What do you think the final total will be before Israel stops? Maybe your 100,000 might actually be achieved. 

More than 15,900 Palestinians killed in Gaza since Oct. 7 -Palestinian health minister | Reuters

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

They didn't "give" Gaza to the Palestinians. First of all, it was originally theirs. Secondly, the Palestinians last took control of it through military conflict. See the link below:

I think Israel and Palestine should try to work all this out peacefully. That would probably be a two-state or one-state solution. However, most of my posts are geared to presenting the Palestinian perspective because most all the other posts here are pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian. I'm just trying to help people understand this is not a black-and-white issue.

I think Israel and Palestine should try to work all this out peacefully. 

Is that after all the Zionists have been eliminated? From one of your earlier posts:

"That's why I posted what I did way above that began this thread. I basically said, "BOTH Hamas and Zionists should be eliminated." And, by that, I mean I do associate the most extreme motives with both groups."

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

None that contains this pro hamas conspiraciey  rubbish

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

image.png.7eeeb7232c0c9cf46acf74b8356979e9.png

So, what media do you watch, listen to, or read? My main source is CNN. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

My main source is CNN. 

Strange, never seen you post a link to that. My media? A huge range, I am not limited, I read an article and then also check sources to it to try an independent fact check, so can take me many places but if you want to know just check my post links, they are all there.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think Israel and Palestine should try to work all this out peacefully. 

Is that after all the Zionists have been eliminated? From one of your earlier posts:

"That's why I posted what I did way above that began this thread. I basically said, "BOTH Hamas and Zionists should be eliminated." And, by that, I mean I do associate the most extreme motives with both groups."

I think, as with Hamas, that the extremists and militants in those groups should be eliminated. That doesn't necessarily mean killed, but means their influence needs to be eliminated. However, it sounds like Israelis want to kill all those in Hamas. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

I think, as with Hamas, that the extremists and militants in those groups should be eliminated. That doesn't necessarily mean killed, but means their influence needs to be eliminated. However, it sounds like Israelis want to kill all those in Hamas. 

There are only one group of barbaric terrorists, stop the nonsense

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Not true. They have the military and the US to back them. 

Liar. Israel's Disengagement from Gaza and North Samaria (2005) (embassies.gov.il)

Again, qhat do you think Israel should do about hamas and the Palestinians that want Israel eradicated the Jews/Hebrews exterminated? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

My main source is CNN. 

Strange, never seen you post a link to that. My media? A huge range, I am not limited, I read an article and then also check sources to it to try an independent fact check, so can take me many places but if you want to know just check my post links, they are all there.

btk, I mainly watch CNN, but when I search the Internet, I take any source that has information of what I want to know. And, you might consider that I don't expect everything I read on the Internet to be true. I treat it more like sitting down in a bar with a bunch of people and hearing their stories. They might be true and they might not be. I do trust CNN, at least for the most part. They may have some "false news" now and then, but if they do, they usually notify their viewers and retract it as soon as they find out.

• Confused 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

btk, I mainly watch CNN, but when I search the Internet, I take any source that has information of what I want to know. And, you might consider that I don't expect everything I read on the Internet to be true. I treat it more like sitting down in a bar with a bunch of people and hearing their stories. They might be true and they might not be. I do trust CNN, at least for the most part. They may have some "false news" now and then, but if they do, they usually notify their viewers and retract it as soon as they find out.

Whatever, your post links do not back this up

https://mondoweiss.net/

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There are only one group of barbaric terrorists, stop the nonsense

btk, This is where we disagree. There are "terrorists" on both sides, if by "terrorist" you mean will do anything to achieve their goal of getting/retaining control of Israel/Palestine. 

14 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

More nonsense. Israel is demonstrating the capability to take over Gaza as we post. If there was total disregard for civilian casualties, it would be over long ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not true. They have the military and the US to back them. 

Liar. Israel's Disengagement from Gaza and North Samaria (2005) (embassies.gov.il)

Again, qhat do you think Israel should do about hamas and the Palestinians that want Israel eradicated the Jews/Hebrews exterminated? 

They have to be dealt with by the Palestinians, just as the most extreme, militant Zionists have to be dealt with by the Israelis. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If anyone knows how to search on the Internet, they'd know the figure is about 16,000. Don't you think that's bad enough? What do you think the final total will be before Israel stops? Maybe your 100,000 might actually be achieved. 

More than 15,900 Palestinians killed in Gaza since Oct. 7 -Palestinian health minister | Reuters

These are Hamas supplied figures, and they include Hamas men killed. How many? Hamas wouldn't say.

As for death toll - Hamas could stop it tomorrow. Or it could have not started it to begin with. Or it could have provided shelter for the Gazans.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I doubt it. CNN ran news about this war for a long time. You weren't even aware Israel invaded the Gaza Strip until a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Again, your claim that "Israel is bombing everywhere and not trying to avoid killing civilians." is just a bold-faced lie.

And then you link to an article regurgitating the death-toll as reposted by hamas, which even if true, proves you are a liar. 

Again, if Israel was actually bombing everywhere without regard to civilian deaths, there would already be hundreds of thousands of dead. 

Telling the same lie over and over again does not make your lies sound more plausible, it just makes you sound like more of a liar. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

More nonsense. Israel is demonstrating the capability to take over Gaza as we post. If there was total disregard for civilian casualties, it would be over long ago.

Israelis are also concerned about global political issues and how they would be seen if they did that.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

They have to be dealt with by the Palestinians, just as the most extreme, militant Zionists have to be dealt with by the Israelis. 

You really don't know a whole lot about this, eh? I'd be ashamed to post on stuff I was totally ignorant of.