UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, your claim that "Israel is bombing everywhere and not trying to avoid killing civilians." is just a bold-faced lie.

And then you link to an article regurgitating the death-toll as reposted by hamas, which even if true, proves you are a liar. 

Again, if Israel was actually bombing everywhere without regard to civilian deaths, there would already be hundreds of thousands of dead. 

Telling the same lie over and over again does not make your lies sound more plausible, it just makes you sound like more of a liar. 

Again, I disagree with you. What more can I say?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Yet you lie and claim over and over it's what they are doing. 

If you mean killing civilians without regard, yes, I do believe that. They want to punish the citizens of Gaza as much as they can. That's my belief. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

spacer.png

And, that would be a source of an answer. If you disagree with it and think some "God" made it blue, then just say so. That then will be your opinion and belief. Why do you think you have to insult people with whom you disagree?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

btk, No, I'm quoting sources on the Internet, just like you do.

Trolling now, I've already told you what that website promotes and linked it for you, you have now admitted again you are promoting conspiracy theories.

"A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mondoweiss/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You don't seem that way to me... 

No, I post in this manner mainly on stuff I have knowledge about, experienced and so on.

You won't find me having a very strong opinion as to Thailand's tax laws, for example - freely admit my ignorance.

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

If you mean killing civilians without regard, yes, I do believe that. They want to punish the citizens of Gaza as much as they can. That's my belief. 

They asked the civilians to evacuate and gave them enough time to do so.

There is no carpet bombing.

The number of bombs/sorties dropped/flown pretty much matches the casualty figures. That's not how one goes about what you allege.

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And, that would be a source of an answer. If you disagree with it and think some "God" made it blue, then just say so. That then will be your opinion and belief. Why do you think you have to insult people with whom you disagree?

It's not about disagreeing.

You constantly post things that aren't true.

This ain't about opinions, it's about facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Your belief is worthless. Your opinions are worthless without credible links.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, they are to the extent they think they can get away with.

So that's not much considering the remaining population, and probably going nowhere at this pace....which they would be aware of. How does that fit with the rest of your narrative?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

All them explanations on the background etc. appearing in the link are immaterial. The popular usage of the phrase now implies something pretty clear.

It is used by both Arabs and Jews. It's a complete nonsense to ban it. Half a dozen of one, 6 of the other.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It is used by both Arabs and Jews. It's a complete nonsense to ban it. Half a dozen of one, 6 of the other.

It was already discussed (I think on a topic relating to protests in London). Short story - the Israeli versions were always a right-wing thing, more often associated with its more extreme elements. While the ideology is still there, the phrase (or versions of it) is not in popular use for years, even decades. This partly had to do with political circumstances changing - the Oslo Accords and the peace agreement with Jordan being obvious examples.

On the Palestinian side, though it's alive and kicking - gaining even more momentum these days. There is really no reasonable way to spin this phrase other than being belligerent. Even if violence is not mentioned, or denied - no good explanation of how this river-to-the-sea Palestine is supposed to be realized while Israel exists.

Has anyone banned it? 

Yes. Musk has. A member of Congress was censured for using it. And also in the UK parliament. Banned in Bavaria. Everywhere it's being refashioned as hate speech implying the destruction of Israel. But Saar, Netanyahu and Ariel all use(d) it with impunity. The dice are loaded. There's only one way to vote. It's that kind of game now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes. Musk has. A member of Congress was censured for using it. And also in the UK parliament. Banned in Bavaria. Everywhere it's being refashioned as hate speech implying the destruction of Israel. But Saar, Netanyahu and Ariel all use(d) it with impunity. The dice are loaded. There's only one way to vote. It's that kind of game now.

Perhaps pro Palestianian protesters wrapped in Hamas flags hard a part to play in that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The wiki link you provided earlier does cite a few Israeli politicians using versions of this (although not quite as strong as the current Palestinian version). But it does not indicate it was much in use, really. IMO, it's not contributing much no matter in which version and who uses it, but I do see the current applications as more problematic since they relate more directly to violence.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Perhaps pro Palestianian protesters wrapped in Hamas flags hard a part to play in that

In the UK we lived through over 20 years of proper terrorist violence. By the heavily US backed IRA. They bombed buses, trains, parks. What does Hamas do? Lobs a few rockets over occasionally. When they do launch a totally uncharacteristic style of attack, the whole world goes mad, and leaders from the west queue up to hand pat and shake.

Now of course they're all grinning sheepishly as the death toll rises. Blinken has announced sanctions against Israeli settlers using violence against Palestinian land owners trying to force them off their land. A complete visa ban.

Is the wheel turning? I hope so.

Edited by bradiston
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

In the UK we lived through over 20 years of proper terrorist violence. By the heavily backed US IRA. They bombed buses, trains, parks. What does Hamas do? Lobs a few rockets over occasionally. When they do launch a totally uncharacteristic style of attack, the whole world goes mad, and leaders from the west queue up to hand pat and shake.

Now of course they're all grinning sheepishly as the death to.ll rises. Blinken has announced sanctions against Israeli settlers using violence against Palestinian land owners trying to force them off their land. A complete visa ban.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with facts. There were years of car bombs, suicide bombs, buses exploding and all the rest - and then people on here whine about the Gaza Strip being under blockade. Spin it as hard as you can there was nothing the IRA did that came close to the 7/10 attack. Think 9/11 level if it helps.

As I understand it the so-called settler visa ban thing was in the works for a while now (think how much it takes to pass such measures), and unless mistaken it also includes West Bank Palestinians involved in violence.

I don't know that the wheel is turning, but the visa thing is a welcome change.

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

In the UK we lived through over 20 years of proper terrorist violence. By the heavily US backed IRA. They bombed buses, trains, parks. What does Hamas do? Lobs a few rockets over occasionally. When they do launch a totally uncharacteristic style of attack, the whole world goes mad, and leaders from the west queue up to hand pat and shake.

Now of course they're all grinning sheepishly as the death toll rises. Blinken has announced sanctions against Israeli settlers using violence against Palestinian land owners trying to force them off their land. A complete visa ban.

I am from the UK and what Hamas did on 7th Oct makes the IRA pale into insignificance

• Agree 2