currently stuck in Phuket airport (denied entry)

1 hour ago, riclag said:

First time posters need more help and less , should of could of’s BS.

Fair call.

The initial post sounded weird to me.

Comments such as "called out of line" etc.

Very unusual especially with not over the top given recent history to be refused entry. 

Think op better off chatting with AirAsia (again) to see if another option to KL.

Saigon would be an option depending if he has visa exempt entry status for Vietnam. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, riclag said:

That would be an option - the Op mentioned Thai Family...  So if he married he has the Non-Imm O option and no further entry issues.

This is puzzling.

Did the OP mention their nationality?

Would that make a difference? (ie could OP be from a country where Visa exempt on arrival is not provided, and the OP's previous entries to Thailand were with a Visa)?    Or was that possibility covered and I missed some detail.

Its puzzling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, siwiek said:

I haven't been to Thailand for 5 months already, spent a few months in my home country and then other countries. Came back to Thailand for Christmas, absolute nutjob IO picks me out of the line because I was checking my phone off to the side and says to follow him. He asks for my boarding passes from prior flights to make sure it's not "fake" (they were not) but then comes back after 30 minutes and has a young girl hand me a form agreeing to be denied entry for lack of funds despite never even asking me for proof of funds (I have lots of money).

The same IO was screaming at several Asian tourists who were trying to take a photo to "stop being Chinese!!!!" (they were not Chinese).

I hadn't been in Phuket for over a decade, and now I remember why I never transfer here. What an absolute third world shet hole, might be my last trip to Thailand. I guess that's what they want, anyways?

And before trolls come, no I didn't have drugs, no I'm not lying about anything, and no I didn't do back to back border runs. I was in Thailand for several months early in the year, followed all rules and laws, that's it....

Phones are not suppose to be used in the immigration area with signs posted although sounds like something else was happening. Not sure about why the funds form but you didn't have to sign it. You could have tried to file an appeal but they generally try to strong arm you not to or claiming you can't. Bottom line they have the discretion (rightly or wrongly) to deny entry.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I wonder if in this situation (while not signing anything) you can just buy a two-stop ticket through Manila, Hong Kong, Taiwan or somewhere else nearby with a modern airport in a country where you can get a visa on arrival, with Bangkok as your final destination.  Maybe use two airlines so that you claim/recheck your luggage at the intermediary airport. 

Then fly to Phuket as a domestic flight where you don't go through immigration.  

Good lesson here on what can happen as an extreme if one gets too comfortable in the immigration queue.

Edit:  I see that others had already suggested something similar and that OP is flying to Bali and then BKK.

Edited by ChrisP24

31 minutes ago, ChrisP24 said:

Maybe use two airlines so that you claim/recheck your luggage at the intermediary airport. 

Then fly to Phuket as a domestic flight where you don't go through immigration.  

IF Phuket Immigration put something in the computer, then Bangkok Airports' Immigration will read that too, which might open another can of worms...

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
9 hours ago, OJAS said:

I think that only applies to someone already in Thailand that is being thrown out.

No, about 3/4 of the way down it says that he is being "denied entry" into Thailand.

I think this is a hell of a form (which I had never heard of) and the mention of him wanting to fill up "Form 11" may see a change in the immigration officers concerned!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1