currently stuck in Phuket airport (denied entry)

21 hours ago, siwiek said:

I haven't been to Thailand for 5 months already, spent a few months in my home country and then other countries. Came back to Thailand for Christmas, absolute nutjob IO picks me out of the line because I was checking my phone off to the side and says to follow him. He asks for my boarding passes from prior flights to make sure it's not "fake" (they were not) but then comes back after 30 minutes and has a young girl hand me a form agreeing to be denied entry for lack of funds despite never even asking me for proof of funds (I have lots of money).

The same IO was screaming at several Asian tourists who were trying to take a photo to "stop being Chinese!!!!" (they were not Chinese).

I hadn't been in Phuket for over a decade, and now I remember why I never transfer here. What an absolute third world shet hole, might be my last trip to Thailand. I guess that's what they want, anyways?

And before trolls come, no I didn't have drugs, no I'm not lying about anything, and no I didn't do back to back border runs. I was in Thailand for several months early in the year, followed all rules and laws, that's it....

A brand new member and this is the very 1st post made. Sounds like a possible troll post by someone with another dual account on this forum.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, siwiek said:

I also wonder because Google says differently, maybe KL police are just spooked and told me this. Now Air Asia is babysitting me at the T2 transfer counter.

Flight to Bali is cheapest option with AA. Next is BKK like you guys said. I can't do border crossing from Laos or Cambodia because I used 2 already at beginning of 2023 (also, ironic both require transfer in Bangkok).

I'm chatting with a visa "agent" who has friends at BKK allegedly to see if they can check my status in the computer. Times running out, might have to flee to Bali and pray I can see Thai family during Christmas for a least a few days.

Yah I wish I had a GoPro spycam on my chest that experience was nuts. Another lady IO ran up to a Russian mom comforting her baby and starting screaming at her to say "sorry" for standing in the wrong place. The mom could not even understand her. Phuket is absolutely out of control it's unbelievable...

How about posting some pics of these KL police babbysitting you at the Air Asia T2 counter? This will add some credibility to your post as we all find this very suspicious that you created a new account and your 1st post is about an apparent denial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

How about you go back to sleep, incident is now almost 24 hrs old! 

Great, and the OP hasn't provided any pics as proof of anything. Surely he could've easily taken a few snaps during that time and posted here as proof, especially in KL. Seems more like a troll post by a new member.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

How were you dressed and how were you behaving ? I suspect there is more to this story than you are telling us.

Is this really true? I mean the way you dress and behave.

I have seen countless Brits straight off the airplane drunk and in their underwear. They seem to roll out a red carpet for those tourists, in Bangkok anyway. Perhaps they know they will be an easy sheep to fleece during the stay.

Thinking long term.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, siwiek said:

Thanks everyone.  After 4 hours finally heard back from the visa agent with friends in BKK Immigration. They checked my profile and it says in the computer that I shouldn't be allowed into Thailand for the rest of 2023 because I've been coming too often on tourist stamps. But apparently in 2024 it resets and I'm not blacklisted. So this IO decided to keep me away from my family for Christmas for a few weeks before the 2024 reset, even though I haven't been in Thailand for 5 months, and then lied to scare me saying I was blacklisted for up to a year. 

Absolute hero visa agent, she saved me a pointless trip to BKK for Christmas. I actually already paid for a ticket for tomorrow but the booking failed (luckily) and they will refund me tomorrow. I still have no idea why KL police told me to not leave the terminal. Air Asia has gone home already, and I have my passport with no "deportee" warning or anything so pretty sure I could pass immigration out to the streets of KL right now but I won't, to avoid problems.

No food, water, or otherwise here. I can't go upstairs without a boarding pass. I also still don't understand why they said my outgoing flight must be Air Asia. I could book any flight and walk upstairs right now to the gate, I don't know what's stopping me from choosing any good flight.

Nothing makes sense. 2 days without sleep. Canceling the Bkk option now and aiming for Laos instead otherwise it will be Bali...

How long did you stay in Thailand before 2023 and on what sort of visa?

Yesh, no immigration arrival hall seems to like people fiddling with their phones while waiting in line. I was recently in Australia (waiting to use an arrival's kiosk) and got singled out for special treatment (I didn't notice the signs saying 'No mobile reception').

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

not sure about others BUT
i dont believe you

It would be very easy for the OP to snap a few pics of either his "locking me and another guy in a holding room for 2 hours" in BKK or at the AirAisa counter in KL to give some proof & legitimacy to his story. I did provide pics as proof when others were disputing me that Jomtien Immigration weren't letting people do extensions weeks in advanced, but only one business day in advanced. That put the haters claiming that it was possible to be silent. A few pics of proof goes a long way, especially when you are a brand new member and your 1st post is a big claim like this.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

cant understand the innocent victim, evil immigration narrative.

Mr, Gullible, your thoughts are wrong. 

Innocent victim 😂

I reckon the OP is story telling, not evil immigration at all. 

Something is not quite right with this thread. 

Probably just another attention seeker. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It seems their legal reason at the moment is to cite that you do not meet the entry requirements - insufficient funds. 

IF you have cash funds of more than 20,000 baht - you do meet the 'funds' requirement -

Perhaps he doesn't meet that requirement and he has carefully decided not to admit that here?