Colorado Supreme Court kicks Trump off ballot

CharlieH

Actually, I favor having an election contest with Trump as the Republican Party nominee. You see, if a majority of the American voting citizens would not firmly reject him … then I do not have a country in which to believe and support. At my age, I would retain my Passport (Canada, I would gladly swap … hmm, actually with a number of countries where my shared DNA is present), but I would certainly not visit (already cannot live there on my monthly sustainable retirement income). The USA has faced major challenges in the past but … this is a crisis where a notable number of citizens seem bent on fascism as if that would result in addressing their issues.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

linked. today, this thread.

For your edification, I repeat

A Colorado judge on Friday found that former President Donald Trump engaged in insurrection during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol but rejected an effort to keep him off the state's primary ballot because it's unclear whether a Civil War-era Constitutional amendment barring insurrectionists from public office applies to the presidency.

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/18/1213961050/colorado-judge-finds-trump-engaged-in-insurrection-but-keeps-him-on-ballot

As a result of this ruling the CO SC clarified the question as to whether the constitution applies to the presidency and found that it does.

Thanks. I expect and hope that the USSC will agree with me that the "finding" of a single district judge should be overruled and all this BS stops.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

So the court followed normal procedures.

55556 So now you think the court is helping Trump, you support its motion. Bit different that an hour ago.

Nice, when the only consistency is your inconsistency. 

IMG_1860.jpeg

My consistency is for the electorate (right, independent , left,) to decide. Seems elements of the democrats are afraid of that. As were the republicans in the 2000 election. Where a judicial coup gave the election to bush by stopping the recount in FL. Gore won Florida in spite of that spoiler/ jerk Ralph Nader 

it amazes me how scared the Democrat people are of Trump.
Both Trump & Biden are yesterdays news wrapping todays fish heads...its time for change.

Is RFK running as an independent really a trojan horse for the Dems so they have 2 irons in the fire?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thanks. I expect and hope that the USSC will agree with me that the "finding" of a single district judge should be overruled and all this BS stops.

of course it will be over ruled🥷...there is still 12 months to go of this excrement, we are still at the kindergarten stage of muck throwing

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Anyone with just half a functioning brain cell will have recognized what Trump and his co-conspirators were up to before, on and after Jan. 6, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to be able to connect the dots. Many of his co-conspirators are now facing justice and have flipped on Trump. And Trump himself has been found guilty of sedition already, by that CO court, and is facing similar charges in Washington DC and Georgia. 

FBI finds no evidence that Trump and his allies were directly involved with organizing the violence of the Capitol riot: report

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-not-directly-involved-in-organizing-capitol-riot-violence-report-2021-8?op=1

FBI_NoJ6Insurrection.jpg.086104007a808501dd2fb2d916307bfe.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/fbi-confirms-there-was-no-insurrection-on-january-6

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

CheckmateAnd thx for saving me having to show this. Just like their cult leader...they just make 💩 up and run with it. Truly a warped and sickening sad lot of desperados. 

The shocking news is sufficient Americans could vote him into the role of President and that ain't changing whatever the outcome. The democratic system is failing because the country is failing the people. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. There is much trouble ahead.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely fantastic news, this man should not be within a thousand miles of any ballot, and hopefully multiple states will follow suit, and he'll lose the election by a huge margin, or perhaps he'll drop out.

What would really be sweet would be if Biden dropped out too, and then two more youthful and vigorous people who have full possession of their faculties could run for that office. 

have full possession of their faculties

Name one person in the GOP today who meets that criteria….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1