Are farangs inadvertently colonizing Thailand?

bob smith

3 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Don't worry,  the half-half (Thai-Chinese) will not allow it

not much they can do really, is there?

except ban all farang / thai relationships? 

I wouldn't put it past them but I kinda doubt that.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, bob smith said:

the more I look around the more i see western men with thai wives/gf's and 3/4 kids in tow.

this got me thinking.

are farangs slowly colonizing Thailand through reproduction with local women?

In a couple generations from now we are going to have thousands, perhaps millions of luk krung kids walking about.

maybe one day one of them will be the PM.

who knows!

we all know how proud thais are at never being colonized by the west, but it seems to me that it's already well underway.

just not overtly. but if farangs keep pounding away at the local brass then thai bloodlines may be altered forever.

bob.

Haha... I guess then, with your criteria, Indians, Chinese, and Persians "colonized" Thailand centuries ago... 

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Haha... I guess then, with your criteria, Indians, Chinese, and Persians "colonized" Thailand centuries ago... 

yep.

now it's the farangs turn it would seem

i may have upwards of 10 kids throughout thailand i dont even know about.

i wasnt too careful in my youth..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bob smith said:

yep.

now it's the farangs turn it would seem

i may have upwards of 10 kids throughout thailand i dont even know about.

i wasnt too careful in my youth..

Some things never change.

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

why?

They will never accept, or vote for a "half-blood". The only exception are half-Chinese which are accepted in Thai society. But, IMHO, half-Caucasians/Africans/Indians never will (as PM or cabinet ministers).

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They will never accept, or vote for a "half-blood". The only exception are half-Chinese which are accepted in Thai society. But, IMHO, half-Caucasians/Africans/Indians never will (as PM or cabinet ministers).

I can see that changing in he future.

arent Lisa and Bella half farang?

these are 2 very powerful women in thailand now. who knows where there next destination will be!

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

Well if they are, they better be pretty fertile.

Out of all the foreigners resident in Thailand there is only something in the order of 200K from western countries.

So boyz to achieve Bob's theory, you all better be fathering a couple of hundred kids!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well if they are, they better be pretty fertile.

Out of all the foreigners resident in Thailand there is only something in the order of 200K from western countries.

So boyz to achieve Bob's theory, you all better be fathering a couple of hundred kids!

give it time.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

we all know how proud thais are at never being colonized by the west, but it seems to me that it's already well underway.

Not colonization, melting pot is more like it, which has been going on here for centuries, Myanmar, china, India etc..& now European mutt descendants. Why are you differentiating ethnicity? What difference does it make and why would it matter to anyone?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I look at my own son, goes to a thai school, mixes socially with his Thai friends and enjoying life growing up in Thail;and. He has the option and passport to go and live in the UK sometime should he choose to do so. But let say he grows up, marries and has kids in Thailand, then my surname will prosper in Thailand and there will be more English blood mixed in with Thai blood. 

I wonder how many more western surnames will continue in Thailand, and how much western blood will be thrown into the mix. It can only increase really.

Same all over the world really. lots of foreign names and blood lines mixed in together

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I can see that changing in he future.

arent Lisa and Bella half farang?

Don't know who Bella is, but, yes, it is accepted in showbiz, but I don't see it happening in politics; certainly not for another 50 or 75 years. And even then this Luk Krung would have to be extremely popular thanks to showbiz, comparable to Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming governor of California thanks to his movie career...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Mechai Viravaidya

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

Same all over the world really. lots of foreign names and blood lines mixed in together

My surname is a mix of British French and Irish that has changed over the centuries, now there’s at least five variations of that name that I know of from the same original family

• Thumbs Up 1