Supreme Court dismisses Yingluck in abuse of power case

snoop1130

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sorry, but does that somehow make it the right thing to do?

Absolutely, if you are innocent!!! Only stupid people don't run away!!! When you are incarcerated, it is much more difficult to find and present evidence of your innocence. Besides, otherwise she would have been in prison for the last 10 years INNOCENT!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, zyphodb said:

If you were in her shoes at the time, do you honestly believe you'd do any different? 

I would not pretend to be PM if my sister would tell me to do that.

And just in case I would be PM then I would follow the law and work for the people - and not my family.

And if I would do above, then I would never be in the situation to think about running away from prosecution. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, snowgard said:

So what exactly done she wrong and which crimes she commited? Can you tell it to us and show us the evidence for it?

Should I come to your home and switch on your TV? Or maybe read to you from the news?

You should try it yourself sometime, it's interesting to learn about the world out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is a big difference between making mistakes and setting up million dollar scams.

She didn't just make mistakes... 

True, and the reality is it's been suggested / there's some evidence the mastermind id/was her big sister in CM. 

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

Absolutely, if you are innocent!!! Only stupid people don't run away!!! When you are incarcerated, it is much more difficult to find and present evidence of your innocence. Besides, otherwise she would have been in prison for the last 10 years INNOCENT!!!

If she, and/or her brother had been incarcerated do you think they would have survived?

They probably wouldn't have made it to the pandemic, certainly wouldn't have come through it.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
11 hours ago, BenStark said:

She was under house arrest, which involved security guards employed by the government outside her residence, who failed to see her fleeing.

She crossed the border to Cambodia in a car without border security or immigration noticing.

Who you think should be punished?

Expand  

I don't know the details of the Thai laws...

That doesn't seem to cause you to hold back from demanding that the full force of those laws are enforced against those whose politics you dislike!

"Wheel the guilty bastards in and we'll give them a fair trial" eh?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

And still no charges for her (OK, the Shinawtra family's) massively corrupt rice-pledging scheme that almost bankrupted the country. If I was loong Prayut, the man who removed her from office, I think I'd be looking for an escape route from Thailand ASAP.

But but but...... we're being told on here by the coup apologists that only the guilty look for an escape route from Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2baht said:

Does the name Shinawatra ring a bell? Who is the topic of THIS OP??? 

So in your small mind, the Shinawatras are the most corrupt of all...far from that....they are almost at kids level compared to the RTP, the Military and government ministries

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, sure, there was only one little crime, which wasn't really that important, correct?

Next time you are in front of a judge try your reasoning and look what will happen. 

This ruling doesn't say it was only a little crime that wasn't important, it says it wasn't a crime in the first place.

As stated in the PBS article:

The court concluded that there was no evidence to prove that Yingluck had dictated or interfered with the transfer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Let's hope she returns to Thailand after she had to leave following the last Coup. The real message is there in bold: 

Supreme Court dismisses Yingluck in abuse of power case

This is obviously badly written copy. It should read "Supreme Court dismisses Yingluck's abuse of power case".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Tell that to America!

Well, there the military didn't endorse the coup (as General Milley stated) and the military stepped back from it, which is the difference to Thailand... Same thing happened in Myanmar except the people there are pushing back.

Her being thrown out by a military coup should see Generals being tried for treason.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1