Thailand wants to see far more US and Canadian tourists as long-haul visitors spend twice as much

webfact

10 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

In Turdeau's Kanada they certainly are! Dissent will not be tolerated. The PC police are now going to charge you with provoking non-inclusiveness!

Born as Men/Males use the Mens rest  room .

Born as Women/Females use the Ladies rest room.

That's what it is ,No Males going in the Ladies Restroom.  No Females going in theMens rest room.

There are Two different rest rooms for a reason, To Protect Our children from Problem Indecent Acts.

I won't let my daugther going by herslf going into the Ladies room if  I know there's A Man inside No matter what Anyone says.

There are two Sexes  It doesn't matter what some people Think what they are, they might say I feel like a Flower today. tomorrow I may  feel like a dog, that's completely nuts.I be a Horse today. 

Get rel stick to the factsMale/Female Not Wannabes.     

What does it mean to wannabe someone?
1. : a person who wants or aspires to be someone or something else or who tries to look or act like someone else. 2. : something (such as a company, city, or product) intended to rival another of its kind that has been successful. especially : one for which hopes have failed or are likely to fail.Nov 20, 2566 BE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Banana7 said:

They'll discover Thailand has major basic safety, health and corruption issues. A

Always has, never deterred tourism. Canada and the USA have the same issues in a different form. Now one thing I like about Thai corruption is at least it's honest corruption, not dressed up as virtuous. 

19 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Canadians and Americans have beautiful alternatives to Thailand, like the Caribbean islands, Central America and South America, without many of these issues.

They've been there. They don't have that exotic Thai quality that attracts tourists to Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Someone at TAT better clue in the Immigration people that they need to streamline and simplify the visa process if they seriously want to encourage more long haul tourists (...)

I doubt that people at the TAT have a clue themselves. Thais are always surprised to hear what long holidays we Westerners have, or what savings. I'm convinced they really think that most tourists can only come to Thailand, and afford holidays lasting 2 to 4 weeks. At the same time, they seem to think that tourists fly halfway around the world for a week-long temple tour of Thailand... No wonder that, post-Covid (with higher ticket prices), they mostly just attract short-time tourists from nearby countries (Malaysia, India, China, etc.), while others don't bother thanks to short VFE terms, and more and more requirements when applying for a visa overseas.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan747 said:

I personally do not see lower airline costs from the USA to BKK. It would be nice for an American carrier like United Airlines to reopen their route from NRT to BKK and make money do to the high costs that Asian carriers are charging. Just saying.

I booked round trip from CNX to LAX on EVA, 1 stop in Taipei a week ago, leaving Jan 22, return April 28th for $1,200 USD.  Normally a $1,500+ fare in years past not even counting for inflation.  How cheap do you want pay to fly to the other side of the planet?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I booked round trip from CNX to LAX on EVA, 1 stop in Taipei a week ago, leaving Jan 22, return April 28th for $1,200 USD.  Normally a $1,500+ fare in years past not even counting for inflation.  How cheap do you want pay to fly to the other side of the planet?

If that's Economy, it seems a bit steep.  Economy "in years past" was under a thousand.

• Like 1

what Thailand is searching for is classy visitors from any country; but good luck with that - classy people go to classy places (unless they want to do unclassy things, which Thailand would then be at the top of their vacation list).  otherwise, you'll find us in Indonesia and Polynesia 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Did you book directly with Eva? 

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

The problem with all of this is the travel time.

Basically it's going to take 24 hours in the air. Even when there was a direct TG flight from LAX to BKK which I used to take it was 18 hours.

So 2 days of your vacation from North America is spent in a damn airplane

So you need to be pretty motivated to travel that far when a similar or better beach vacation in Mexico, Hawaii or the Caribbean is less than 10 hours away, and in timezone at the worst 5 hours 

If I'm in SoCal, with the money from the airfares alone I can book a week at the Hotel Del Coranado, and drive there in less time than I would spend getting through LAX. 

I used to love that BKK-LAX nonstop, Was it TG-001 & 2 or something? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:15 AM, Pouatchee said:

would be nice if the airfares were to drop. maybe even direct flights to canada. damn expensive and takes forever... havent been back in 20 years... 

wonder how much has changed in my hometown

Direct flights? You must mean nonstop. Not same.

I prefer to spend an hour in a business class lounge at Incheon or Tokyo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_flight

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

One hour in the lounge costs you four hours by the time it's all said and done. And always a chance of getting stuck every time you stop. 

All true. I hope the AC service is delivering sufficient economic yields to justify continuation of the service

Unlike North America to Singapore flights where Business is expected to be full on a daily basis with mostly full fare pax. NA to Thailand is mostly a leisure market compared to it

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

All true. I hope the AC service is delivering sufficient economic yields to justify continuation of the service

Unlike North America to Singapore flights where Business is expected to be class full  on a daily basis with mostly full fare pax

NA to Thailand is mostly a leisure market compared

But I think NA to Tokyo is a strong business route as is Tokyo too BKK

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

If I'm in SoCal, with the money from the airfares alone I can book a week at the Hotel Del Coranado, and drive there in less time than I would spend getting through LAX. 

It was TG794 BKK-LAX TG795 LAX-BKK

Edited by GinBoy2

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yep, from PHL, MEM, DTW, I could be in S. FL or Caribbean Is, or Yucatan.. in less time than it takes to clear USA air space from PHL, then it's another 12-18 hr to BKK.   Planes arriving from E coast coming in late, so always had to overnight (slept at DMK mostly) and took next AM flight to Udon Thani, when I was commuting, or to Phuket, the 2X I was actually on holiday.  Another 8 hrs before being where I wanted to be.

I got the BKK-NYC TG flight one time, what a treat.   Even though I had to catch another to PHL, it was worth it.  Surprised, sort of, that didn't last very long, and shows how little interest there was for New Yorkers to go to TH.

Between TG & UA, just a couple trips, got just enough miles for a free flight in USA, and a nice stay at Sheraton BKK Suk.   Although had to pay the 7% tax at Sheraton, which cost about the same as my usual hotel stay in BKK :giggle:  

Great pool area at the Sheraton.  Hotel probably dated now, with all the newer ones.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Always wanted to stay Hotel Del Coranado, right now rooms go for around 20,000 baht a night. One thing about the SoCal ocean is it's just always so cold. 

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

One hour in the lounge costs you four hours by the time it's all said and done. And always a chance of getting stuck every time you stop. 

Not to mention paying an extra (up to) $100 an hour for business class.  Which is fine if you need it, but I still recall my youth shoveling dog poop out of Mrs. Junker's yard for under $2 an hour.  Paying 50x that for a more comfortable seat just doesn't compute in my tiny brain.

BTW, it may have been mentioned before, but I think they like Yanks because we're notorious for tipping...  I 'spect Canucks do, too.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:16 AM, alex8912 said:

So you can tell if someone is from the USA or Canada by their speech??  Or their look? Honestly your post is sooo full of it DUDE!!  Then of course you saw them again. They also had gold chains!!??  You are really full of it DUDE. We all know where you are from as well. 

Not always but these 2 just happened to mention where they were from when they were trying to coax a couple of bar girls out of the bar without paying the bar fine.

The use of the word DUDE and similar others are a dead giveaway though! 😘

Nothing against Yanks or Canadians and got quite a few decent friends from both countries.  Just making a point to the OP that it's not just the Brits walking around shirtless.

You sound like you need some anger management counselling? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Direct flights? You must mean nonstop. Not same.

I prefer to spend an hour in a business class lounge at Incheon or Tokyo

regardless, some of us can't afford to spend an hour in a business class lounge. for me, it is economy all the way. no choice

• Agree 1

On 12/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, Bobthegimp said:

Trudeau would take Boystown by storm.  He'd be up on stage, slapping the faces of the fellas in gyno row with his schlong and tossing loonies out to the crowd. 

huh, quite the fantasy you have going on there.  Says more about you than the PM. 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1