What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

7 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i thought that was pretty clear...

i then added this  to clarify... i guess some guys here dont like clarifications even when op was pretty clear

You mentioned 3 shows ONLY at your LAST (nr 3 posting), that's why it's confusing ...

Edited by Henk Langeweg
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

3 shows to be released today or tomorrow... not 2 not 1 --> 3

crystal clear to me

Shows are listed by season and episode # 
not season and show #. 

Three episodes of a new show Constellation have been released. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:

Clicking magnet or download does nothing

Had the same problem with new upgrade version 4.6.3

So uninstalled and reinstalled version 4.6.2 ... working as before, by just clicking on magnet, then qbittorrent auto opens & starts the DL.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I don't need to. When I click on Magnet, my Qbittorrent client automatically starts to download my selection. If Qbittorrent is not already running, it is automatically launched when I click on Magnet and downloads my selection.

Same here but sometimes I have the same problem as the OP, solved a few times but it keeps malfuntioning after a few days or so. Got bored of it and now I only using the right click.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

So uninstalled and reinstalled version 4.6.2 ... working as before, by just clicking on magnet, then qbittorrent auto opens & starts the DL.

I'm still on version 4.5.5, which is the latest stable version for Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Tried it did not work. Using PB for now.

2 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Shows are listed by season and episode # 
not season and show #. 

Three episodes of a new show Constellation have been released. 

what do you say? a tv show or a tv episode?

dont know where youre from, but where i come from this is how we speak. 

"Three episodes of a new show Constellation have been released. "

i'm not going to waste my time typing all that when i am trying to be helpful. 

as for Henk Langeweg if he cant figure it out then thats his problem.  

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Saw "Baghead" Baghead (2023) - IMDb and "Evil Does Not Exist" Evil Does Not Exist (2023) - IMDb yesterday. 

"Baghead", a (I think) British horror movie and while it could have been better, was pretty good. Full of huge plot holes and people doing stuff that makes no sense and whatnot but watchable. I was not expecting much, so it was better than expected. I think this could have been a great picture. 

"Evil Does Not Exist", a Japanese Drama started out like it was really going to be something, and then the wheels fell. I was not expecting much but was still disappointed. 

• Like 1

This was tragic.

Ukrainian filmmaker and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Mstyslav Chernov offers a window into the practices of conflict zone reporters and an unflinching, anguishing account of the 20 days he and colleagues spent covering Mariupol.

15 hours ago, bubblegum said:

Tried it did not work. Using PB for now.

IMO Torrent Galaxy is the best of the lot, although PB is good for finding less popular or harder to find videos.

• Like 1

I delved into the archives last night and downloaded a movie starring Russell Crowe, Renée Zellweger and Paul Giamatti, called "Cinderella Man" and although I had seen it yonks ago, I really couldn't remember much about it, so settled in to watch it, and was surprised at how good it was, with the boxing scenes being absolutely amazing.

If anyone hasn't seen it, then IMO it's a must.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

IMO Torrent Galaxy is the best of the lot, although PB is good for finding less popular or harder to find videos.

Torrent Search Revolution V2 is an App which gives you the search results of about 10 sites at one click.

Just finished two series last night; one hit + one miss.  'Funny Lady' is brilliant; set in 60s UK full of snips of great music; refs to famous people like Quant; Milligan; Jagger.  It's a heart warming tale of a lady from Blackpool who makes it big despite the morality of the time.

And then there's 'Expats'!  I watched it, if I'm honest, because I am one.  Set in Hong Kong at the time of the student riots, it's big on being a travelogue, sparse on being good drama.  There's a S Korean; Indian; Filipino; Brit; and of course a US family.  Cue various religious interiors; shots of magnificent scenery; and a dearth of narrative.  The final episode must be the worst end of a series ever.  I guarantee there won't be a series two for me.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:52 AM, Pouatchee said:

Finders Keepers

i am not enjoying this show, despite watching it, because i find it already has too many loose ends that in the end will be difficult to tie up. murder, robbery, complicit people validating alibis...

I've only watched E1 and liked it.  Got the other 2 on ice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Det som göms i snö AKA The Truth Will Out

Bit of a slow burner but I really enjoyed it.
Two series out on TPB with hard-coded subs.

Detective Peter Wendel returns after a long sick leave to form a team to reopen cold cases; the team find clues that an innocent man has been convicted of murder.

Sorry, couldn't find a trailer with English subs.

• Thanks 2

I have very much enjoyed the two seasons of the Australian comedy tv series Fisk.

The humor is droll so not really laugh out loud stuff. I think a third season is coming.

Easily triggered bigots alert - the main character's parent is gay. 

The style of humor reminds me a bit of the American series Loudermilk.

Just released is Episode 1 of the new Walking Dead series: The Ones Who Live.

From IMDB: "The love story between Rick and Michonne. Changed by a world that is constantly changing, will they find themselves in a war against the living or will they discover that they too are The Walking Dead?"

image.png.16f0696909e4df7e712f89973b09e85b.png

On 2/24/2024 at 7:49 AM, mikebell said:

Just finished two series last night; one hit + one miss.  'Funny Lady' is brilliant; set in 60s UK full of snips of great music; refs to famous people like Quant; Milligan; Jagger.  It's a heart warming tale of a lady from Blackpool who makes it big despite the morality of the time.

'Funny Lady' Woman" is brilliant; set in 60s UK full of snips of great music; refs to famous people like Quant; Milligan; Jagger. FTFY.😉

• Love It 1

Once thought a satire, even by its director, re-evaluated, cogently, as prescient art with a serious message.

To embrace civilization, you must embrace, or at least pay homage to, the virtues that make it possible. 

Starship Troopers does that, which is why, despite all intentions to the contrary, it fails as satire but succeeds as art. 

--Starship Troopers is Not a Satire

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have very much enjoyed the two seasons of the Australian comedy tv series Fisk.

The humor is droll so not really laugh out loud stuff. I think a third season is coming.

Easily triggered bigots alert - the main character's parent is gay. 

The style of humor reminds me a bit of the American series Loudermilk.

Thanks for the warning, will steer clear.

• Haha 2