What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Digging around in stuff I downloaded 4 or 5 years ago, decided to watch a couple of high rated series I hadn't watched yet. Gangs of London and ZeroZeroZero. Both were excellent if you haven't seen them well worth a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7661390

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438

Apparently season 3 of gangs of London will drop later this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched "Breaking Dad"-- I think it was from Will27....fascinating, really good watch just 2 parts.

Thanks for that............. :coffee1:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Just watched "Breaking Dad"-- I think it was from Will27....fascinating, really good watch just 2 parts.

Thanks for that............. :coffee1:

Unless you mean Breaking Bad, I haven't heard of Breaking Dad.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

56 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Unless you mean Breaking Bad, I haven't heard of Breaking Dad.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

While the Breaking Dad that oxo is referring to has only just been released and not available in all places.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32926740/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

There was a tv reality show a few years ago starring a U.K. celebrity and his son .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9516768/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

• Like 1

Hell Jumper

Witness the war in Ukraine through unique first-person footage as told by volunteers risking their lives to save vulnerable people in a war zone.

• Like 1

Totally remove any thought of watching axel F with Eddie Murphy. Absolutely woeful lame excuse for a movie.

Latest bad boys will probably get watched at weekend and I'm expecting it to be poor as the last one was . I'm sure Martin Lawrence had a stroke or something from watching it.

Started watching breaking bad again and the sopranos. Sopranos is pure gold when you watch how good it still is after all these years.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 6:20 PM, xylophone said:

I managed to download season three of "Slow Horses", although the first of the series was in French and I couldn't change it, so I had to search again for another download, which wasted quite a bit of time so I only got to see the first two episodes.

One thing which struck me this time was that I'm not sure I have met or seen anyone as filthy/grubby/dirty as Jackson Lamb, because he almost makes me want to throw up when I see his greasy hair and filthy clothes, not to mention his habits, and surely no company/organisation in their right mind would employ someone this filthy.  Not sure that I can put up with another episode of this filthy individual, so tonight might be the last one!!

It's only drama! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I’m watching Love/Hate .. currently in S03 - I kind of missed / passed it before - the first series was kind of dated and badly acted / shot - but I’m really into it now. 

Did anyone else catch the finale of Presumed Innocent ? I thought it was a bit of a letdown, I loved the Tommy Molto & Del Aguadio characters but there could have been some kind of clue who the murderer was, and then the last scene .. what was that all about? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I’m watching Love/Hate .. currently in S03 - I kind of missed / passed it before - the first series was kind of dated and badly acted / shot - but I’m really into it now. 

Did anyone else catch the finale of Presumed Innocent ? I thought it was a bit of a letdown, I loved the Tommy Molto & Del Aguadio characters but there could have been some kind of clue who the murderer was, and then the last scene .. what was that all about? 

I knew before I started to watch last ep a 2nd season will happen. I also knew there was a big twist.

Decameron entire season 1 released.

About a country house party in the middle of Italy Black Death.

Multi racial cast all with posh British accents, not to mention 2 very pretty actress almost naked.

Light hearted bit of fun with a few gory moments.

We who are about to die.

Complete rubbish despite much nudity. Not worth watching.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:59 AM, Will27 said:

Expats

Set against the complex tapestry of Hong Kong residents, Expats depicts a multifaceted group of women after a single encounter sets off a chain of life-altering events that leaves everyone navigating the intricate balance between blame and accountability.

I lived in HK from 6 years old until I was headhunted to Bangkok at 41.

As a former Hong Kong expat I was really disappointed by this series, it didn't really show expat life at all.  Although to be fair I only watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes because it was so boring. 

The story had nothing to do with expat life or even Hong Kong.

Katie: Coerced and Killed

Some shocking cock-ups the justice system.

Katie Simpson’s love for horses brought her into the orbit of Jonathan Creswell, a showjumper-turned-horse trainer with a dark history of coercive control and violence against women. 

When he claimed to be the Good Samaritan who found the 21-year-old after she attempted suicide, some were immediately suspicious. 

But for months police seemed to take his story at face value. Jennifer O’Leary investigates Katie’s terrible death and how his lies almost went undetected.

I watched this last night and it was brilliant. Jeff Lynne is such a nice guy and everyone on and off stage had such a great time. I loved the female cellist who really turned me on with her cello between her legs.  A terrific concert for all ages.

• Thanks 2

On 7/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, Will27 said:

The Turkish Detective

Follow Inspector Cetin Ikmen, his partner Mehmet Suleyman, and Detective Ayse Farsakoglu as they solve crimes in the modern world of Turkey.

It's not on TPB.  Where else might it be?

On 6/30/2024 at 7:05 AM, steve187 said:

I enjoyed s01, not so much s02, and really struggling with s03

struggling so much, i kicked it into touch after ep 2 or 3

2 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I watched this last night and it was brilliant. Jeff Lynne is such a nice guy and everyone on and off stage had such a great time. I loved the female cellist who really turned me on with her cello between her legs.  A terrific concert for all ages.

I am not very good at hearing lyrics, but did you know at the very end of Mr Blue Sky, when it slows right down, you think he repeats the song title, he does not, he says "turn it over" very slowly

On another note, anyone found a good link for Olympic coverage in Thailand? Has to be PC friendly

I can use Iplayer BBC, but sometimes my VPN works badly

17 hours ago, mikebell said:
On 7/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, Will27 said:

The Turkish Detective

Follow Inspector Cetin Ikmen, his partner Mehmet Suleyman, and Detective Ayse Farsakoglu as they solve crimes in the modern world of Turkey.

Expand  

It's not on TPB.  Where else might it be?

It's on TGx, 1337x, kickass and TheRARBG.

20 hours ago, mikebell said:

I found this series absolutely riveting.  The cast appeared to have been culled from Rep companies around Europe & sounded like they had no idea of what the English dialogue meant.  The plot appears to have been written on a week-by-week basis with all sorts of unbelievable situations created to facilitate furthering the story.  Despite Antony Hopkins who was very good as an ailing Emperor or very bad as an aged actor, the action/sets were stupendous.  Series 2 is summarised in the last speech of Series 1.

Best line of the series:

Roman guard outside amphitheatre;       Oi!!!!  You can't leave your horse there.

• Haha 2

just finished season 2 of Troppo, only 2 eps to go in S2 of House of the Dragon, S1 & 2 of D I Ray, for Star Wars enthusiasts The Acolyte was a good series, also The Jetty another good British crime series. If the poms do anything well it's their tv crime series. Movies check out The Boneyard. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 1:37 PM, xylophone said:

No, really, you don't say.........my comment was more along the lines of how absurd it would be to have someone this filthy as the chief of a government department. AND I do know that it is a television series, I do know that it is not real, I do know that he is an actor, I do know that it is fiction not fact, it was merely a comment, made sort of tongue in cheek if you wish. But thanks for trying to explain it to me!!!!!!!

You're welcome! 😉

• Haha 1