Grab Food Problem

lexilis

The Grab food delivery service is acting up for me. I have used it many times but not in a few weeks. Always pay cash on delivery. Today though it says "This method is not supported" and prompts me to enter a credit card which I do not want to do Anybody else have this problem? It doe not seem possible to contact them (in English).

I mostly used Food Panda when I lived in Bangkok.  And after about two years I had the same message. But it was the opposite.  I couldn’t use my credit card on file from my USA bank. 
There is a customer service number you can call. I haven’t used Grab for about a year.  Don’t know if anything changed.  I did find a customer service number. 

02 021 2515 
I t should have an English option.  I did call customer service a few times when I lived in Thailand 

On 1/8/2024 at 5:32 PM, lexilis said:

The Grab food delivery service is acting up for me. I have used it many times but not in a few weeks. Always pay cash on delivery. Today though it says "This method is not supported" and prompts me to enter a credit card which I do not want to do Anybody else have this problem? It doe not seem possible to contact them (in English).

Did you have any issues with previous deliveries? Like ordering food and not meeting the driver to pay for it or anything that might have put your account in the negative? It sounds like they want that cleared up/paid for with a credit card before allowing you to pay cash on delivery again. Also I have contacted Grab in English through the app multiple times without issue and received replies in English.

Grab food delivery isn't what it used to be. Apparently the delivery division is not profitable. They already cut the delivery drivers pay. They are to figure out how to make more money at the end users expense.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Grab food delivery isn't what it used to be. Apparently the delivery division is not profitable. They already cut the delivery drivers pay. They are to figure out how to make more money at the end users expense.

They can’t make a profit with a 30% menu mark up plus a delivery charge?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

They can’t make a profit with a 30% menu mark up plus a delivery charge?

I'm not going to worry about their profit, none of my business, but I do know that some but not all restaurants jack up their menu prices to pay for those high fees. Presumably that depresses sales at those restaurants, and we often see generous "promotions" that bring the food prices back down to attractive levels (often even cheaper than eating there in person). Not sure how those promotions are absorbed exactly. Some will remember HUNGRY NOW in Pattaya which was absolutely fantastic as far as service, prices, choice, and constant promotions. They were targetted at f-rangs and it was clear to me they were trying to buy market share from the Big Boys. Sadly they failed.