Chaeng Watthana (Bangkok immigration) visit for my yearly marriage visa renewal – detailed process – Visit on 10.01.2024

Fantastic report. Thanks.

OP, you mention TM30. I wonder if this was required or you just provided that and accepted by io.

Also copy of every page of pp with Thai immigration stamp should not be required. 

No TM47 required? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, EdwardM said:

This is very useful, thank you.

I don't have a TM30 record on the new system. Do you know if I can just use the one I have from the old system? 

If you have have unbroken permission of stay since last TM30 you do not require a new one unless you change address of where you live.

Which office.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have have unbroken permission of stay since last TM30 you do not require a new one unless you change address of where you live.

Which office.

CW office. I've been reporting TM47 using the same address. What is unbroken permission of stay?

1 minute ago, EdwardM said:

CW office. I've been reporting TM47 using the same address. What is unbroken permission of stay?

For example your permission of stay and reentry permit ran out (eg stuck o/s due to some reason) and reentered Thailand on new visa..

Then you would need to do TM30 even if your address doesn't change. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For example your permission of stay and reentry permit ran out (eg stuck o/s due to some reason) and reentered Thailand on new visa..

Then you would need to do TM30 even if your address doesn't change. 

I should be fine then. :) Was just wondering if I would need a record in the new TM30 system they launched a while ago.

Well thank God we never got married

Thailand is mad with red tape and the longer you are here the worse it seems to get.

I bought a motorcycle recently. To put it in my own name I had to travel a 240 km round trip to get proof of address letter from immigration. Then I had to take the bike on a 200 round trip to tax it as the only place in our province is te DLT.

I decided I should apply for a yellow tabien baan to save any future journeys to immigration when I renew my licences buy a new car or whatever,

I rent a property so I went to the Tesseban armed with my lease, my landlord and landlady as witnesses. photographs copy of my passport my 90 day report my retirement visa all in order. A certified translated copy of paasport and birth certificate from a Notary lawyer all stamped in living colour.

No problem I thought..........how wrong was I.

The officer took one look and said you have to go to Bangkok and get your embassy to stamp you passport and birth certificate translations.

Considering I have a medical condition and flying is not advised I would have to make a 1,700 km round trip to BKK and back...plus fork out how much cash for fares and a hotel.

Never mind immigation know exactly where you are, everything about you is up to date your landlord has shown his blue book and confirmed he has known you for over 12 years

None of that matters but you need those 2 embassy stamps.

When I read other people saying they didn't need them and they got their yellow book with no hassle it makes me cringe.

Edited by Tanlic

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fantastic report. Thanks.

OP, you mention TM30. I wonder if this was required or you just provided that and accepted by io.

Also copy of every page of pp with Thai immigration stamp should not be required. 

No TM47 required? 

I did not put it to the copies and noone asked for the latest 90 day report.

Last year the immigration lady looked it up in the system and made a comment about it, but also did not ask for a copy.

Passport copies: They took all of them and left it with the documents handed in. I guess - without knowing for certain - that at least all pages since the last extension should be copied.

Edited by frimu
About passport page copies

10 minutes ago, Tanlic said:

I decided I should apply for a yellow tabien baan to save any future journeys to immigration when I renew my licences buy a new car or whatever,

In some provinces that would not be enough.

Immigration may require a "certificate of residence" for TDL renewal etc

20 hours ago, frimu said:

I'm kind of obsessed with documenting this.

So here is everything you have to do, if you're married to a Thai national and want to extend your stay for another year.

Documents needed for one year extension of marriage visa – sorted in official Chaeng Watthana order (as far as I observed)

• Completed TM 7 form with one passport sized photo glued to the form on page 2: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/14คำขออนุญาตเพื่ออยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป-ตม.7.pdf

• Completed STM2 form: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-STM2.pdf

• Statement form handed over by immigration, that your wife will have to fill out. - Can't find a download link for this one.

• Acknowledgement form for overstay penalties: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf

• Copy of your latest TM30 receipt / Copy signed by you

• Passport: Original (of course)

• Copy of passport personal page / Copy signed by you

• Copies of all passport pages with Thai stamps on it / All copies signed by you

• Bank letter for 400 kTHB – Example for Bangkok bank: https://aseannow.com/topic/1044527-sample-bank-letter-for-retirement-visa/#comment-13108657 – Chaeng Watthana wants it on the same day than the application day, but accepts one day before as well. Best do it in Bangkok bank branch in Chaeng Watthana and pay 100 THB into the account beforehand, update the bank book and make copies of it.

• Bank book: Original

• Copies of updated bank book after bank visit on application day / All copies signed by you

• Marriage certificate – Original

• Marriage certificate copy / Copy signed by your wife and you

• Updated Kor Ror 2 (Your wife needs to do get one 1 or 2 days before the appointment)

• Copy of ID card of your wife / Copy signed by your wife

• Copy of tabien baan (blue book) of your wife / Copy signed by your wife

• Colour photo of your wife and you inside the living room glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you at unit door entrance with room number visible glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you at condo entrance with house logo and/or street number visible glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Drawn map to your condo or house from the main street signed by your wife and you

• Copy of the rental agreement / All copies signed by your wife and you

• Copy of ID card of your condo owner / Copy signed/certified with condo owner signature

• Extension fee of 1 900 THB

Recommended reserve documents just in case – only hand over when asked

• A signed copy of the condo/house owners' tabien baan (blue book) for the rental property

• Colour photo of your wife and you in front of the kitchen glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you inside the bedroom glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

Further advice

• Bring your own blue pen, glue stick and scissors just in case you need to correct something

• Useful: Download page for all immigration documents: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/downloads_en/

• The under consideration period is now just three weeks for the 2nd time. So I will be able to pick up the final year stamp on 31.01.2024.

Pink line to Immigration and back

We used the pink line. So upon arrival, there is taxis waiting below the station. We picked one and turned left into the 2nd road, that goes all the way to the immigration entrance. The first road is Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 and the station is about in the middle of those two access roads.

On the way back my wife asked and the shuttle departs from the middle entrance and exit, gate 1. Since the building is called B, it is the gate B1. From there the free shuttle took us to the beginning of Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 in about 5 minutes. Then it's just a 2 minute walk to the Pink Line station.

Personal comments

My wife always has to go and make copies of about half the documents after they have been stamped by immigration. I presume it is the same for everyone under the marriage visa.

the 3-week time between the first and second visit is totally up to the IO.

i did the process back in Nov 2023; 5 weeks for the extension ran out and was told to come Jan 2 2024... 

• Thanks 1

Good to be married in the Philippines. 

After you get your marriage visa, (13a permanent), once a year you have to do the so called yearly reporting. Fill out one form, cost 310 Peso. 

You can either visit the Immigration office or doing the process online with a video call. Great service! 

Additionally every 5 years you have to renew your ARC 💳 card. Kind of ID. Especially needed when dealing with the banks. 

Comprehensive.

I needed FEWER documents than you listed when I renewed my marriage visa at CW a few weeks ago (tm30, kor-ror 2, blue book, etc - never needed those). 

Glue and scissors I also always bring. 

As for your "Personal Comment" that has also never been requested of me/us. 

But I fully agree to have a list of documents in ones files (mine is not as neat as yours) so that next year will be smooth sailing. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 8:47 AM, CecilM said:

Comprehensive.

I needed FEWER documents than you listed when I renewed my marriage visa at CW a few weeks ago (tm30, kor-ror 2, blue book, etc - never needed those). 

Glue and scissors I also always bring. 

As for your "Personal Comment" that has also never been requested of me/us. 

But I fully agree to have a list of documents in ones files (mine is not as neat as yours) so that next year will be smooth sailing. 

That is so interesting.

My wife and I somehow always end up at the desk of the team boss, because while she handled us she always gave instructions to other staff coming by and asking her things.

I dunno what makes us so special. :-)

Is it perhaps because I use the 400k on the bank? Maybe they scrutinize those a little more?

On 1/11/2024 at 10:12 AM, frimu said:

Marriage certificate – Original

If you were married overseas, do they want the original certificate from overseas in addition to the legalized Thai translation that we've had to use for other things in the past?

Colour photo of your wife and you at condo entrance with house logo and/or street number visible glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

can it be printed in color? each photo has to be A4 size. for example, if you have 4 photos each has to be in A4 size or all 4 photos on A4 paper?

20 minutes ago, jacey said:

can it be printed in color? each photo has to be A4 size. for example, if you have 4 photos each has to be in A4 size or all 4 photos on A4 paper?

I do 6 Photos, 2 to a Page (A4) in Colour on Copy Paper., and never had any issues.  Outside House, Dining Room, Bedroom, Living Room, Kitchen and on Stairs ( I have never presented Photos on Photo Paper glued to A4 Paper)

• Thanks 2

On 1/17/2024 at 1:13 PM, jacey said:

Yep. this is just how I do it. Other approaches work as well as seen below.

1 minute ago, eyeman said:

Are you sure about Kor Ror 2? I thought it had to be within a year

100% sure, no.

You could have divorced 3 months ago and present a Kor Ror 2 from 4 month ago. So I think it better be recent. Otherwise there might be questions from the immi officer.

Yikes.....never done any of those before.....and the TM7 I complete beforehand is always thrown straight in the bin and I have to fill it in again in front of them???

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, frimu said:

100% sure, no.

You could have divorced 3 months ago and present a Kor Ror 2 from 4 month ago. So I think it better be recent. Otherwise there might be questions from the immi officer.

I had to have mine dated the same day I applied.......3 hour round trip.

Edited by Will B Good

I'm kind of obsessed with documenting this.

So here is everything you have to do, if you're married to a Thai national and want to extend your stay for another year.

Documents needed for one year extension of marriage visa – sorted in official Chaeng Watthana order (as far as I observed)

• Completed TM 7 form with one passport sized photo glued to the form on page 2: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/14คำขออนุญาตเพื่ออยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป-ตม.7.pdf

• Completed STM2 form: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-STM2.pdf

• Statement form handed over by immigration, that your wife will have to fill out. - Can't find a download link for this one.

• Acknowledgement form for overstay penalties: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf

• Copy of your latest TM30 receipt / Copy signed by you

• Passport: Original (of course)

• Copy of passport personal page / Copy signed by you

• Copies of all passport pages with Thai stamps on it / All copies signed by you

• Bank letter for 400 kTHB – Example for Bangkok bank: https://aseannow.com/topic/1044527-sample-bank-letter-for-retirement-visa/#comment-13108657 – Chaeng Watthana wants it on the same day than the application day, but accepts one day before as well. Best do it in Bangkok bank branch in Chaeng Watthana and pay 100 THB into the account beforehand, update the bank book and make copies of it.

• Bank book: Original

• Copies of updated bank book after bank visit on application day / All copies signed by you

• Marriage certificate – Original

• Marriage certificate copy / Copy signed by your wife and you

• Updated Kor Ror 2 (Your wife needs to do get one 1 or 2 days before the appointment)

• Copy of ID card of your wife / Copy signed by your wife

• Copy of tabien baan (blue book) of your wife / Copy signed by your wife

• Colour photo of your wife and you inside the living room glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you at unit door entrance with room number visible glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you at condo entrance with house logo and/or street number visible glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Drawn map to your condo or house from the main street signed by your wife and you

• Copy of the rental agreement / All copies signed by your wife and you

• Copy of ID card of your condo owner / Copy signed/certified with condo owner signature

• Extension fee of 1 900 THB

Recommended reserve documents just in case – only hand over when asked

• A signed copy of the condo/house owners' tabien baan (blue book) for the rental property

• Colour photo of your wife and you in front of the kitchen glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

• Colour photo of your wife and you inside the bedroom glued to an A4 paper sheet signed by your wife and you

Further advice

Pink line to Immigration and back

We used the pink line. So upon arrival, there is taxis waiting below the station. We picked one and turned left into the 2nd road, that goes all the way to the immigration entrance. The first road is Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 and the station is about in the middle of those two access roads.

On the way back my wife asked and the shuttle departs from the middle entrance and exit, gate 1. Since the building is called B, it is the gate B1. From there the free shuttle took us to the beginning of Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 in about 5 minutes. Then it's just a 2 minute walk to the Pink Line station.

Personal comments

My wife always has to go and make copies of about half the documents after they have been stamped by immigration. I presume it is the same for everyone under the marriage visa.

and how many hours did all that prep work and immigration visits and travel take you? 

Hence why I use an agent... But the "in and out in 40 minutes" crowd would laugh at me. Yeh right 555 555