Thai Immigration updates online system for 90-day reporting

Online Reporting for Foreigners Staying Over 90 Days in Thailand

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Immigration Bureau (IB) has introduced an online reporting system for foreigners staying in Thailand for more than 90 days, marking the first-ever implementation of this service.

The initiative, initially targeting investors under the promotion of the Board of Investment (BOI), is expected to stimulate the economy and boost tourism in Thailand.

Pol Lt Gen Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai, Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, along with relevant authorities, announced the commencement of the “90 days online notification” service. This allows foreigners to report their residence status when staying in the kingdom for more than 90 days through an online platform.

The system aims to provide convenience to international tourists, enabling them to submit advance notifications 15 days prior to the expiration of their 90-day stay. Notifications can be made at any time through the online portal at www.immigration.go.th. Once registered, users will receive a password via email, allowing them to log in and submit their 90-day notification. Approval results will be sent via email or accessed through the website www.immigration.go.th.

Full story: TNA-MCOT 2024-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Until you have a problem with it perhaps?

16 minutes ago, novacova said:

Never had a problem with it, easy enough as with everything else.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

When LTR visa holders don't need to file 90-day, I don't see the use of 90-day at all. 

But.. but.. we are more respectable people, less likely to go under the radar and engage in illegal activities. 

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

The super "new" system has just rejected my wife's 90 day because the system says she is on a tourist visa! 

She has been on a retirement extension of stay for 21 years!

So the unwanted trip to immigration is necessary yet again!

Same here, except I have a work permit.

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Your visa category does not comply with the 90-days notification conditions (tourist).

I've reapplied online again.  I'll see how it goes.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Responding to the need for a more efficient and user-friendly system

Which has incessantly being begged for over the past 20 years....
It would truly be amazing if they succeed.
But I have a feeling it'll be more akin to smoke/2.5 reduction schemes :/

Edited by Sig
  • Haha 1

I tried online just last week and submitted and got a message to update my TM30 after waiting 4 days, updated the TM30 with my landlord immediately and then nothing. The landlord advised he had received the same request from other tenants. So submitted via an agent, again as time was running short.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

I've done my 90 days online for 3 years without problems. I don't know what this is all about, I just logged in and the site seems to be the same as it's always been. The problems I hear from others always seem to be when trying to report using their phone, either Android or Apple.  I've never had a problem using my laptop with Windows 10/11

Edited by garzhe
missing info
  • Thanks 1